Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by twilightmom »

Oh I'm going to cry. My post just disappeared. I am so sad.

The general gist of my post:

The more I pick apart the book, the more disappointed I am. I hold Kenyon's books to a certain bar and this one felt like more of a "filler" than a key plot mover. We were left with questions - and no real answers. What are Stryker's plans? Who knows what? How did the Daimons get into private homes? What's with the demon pretending to be Nick and Nick getting ill from it? I had other questions, but I can't recall right now.

I liked seeing some of the old characters, but at times it I feel like we are trying to juggle too many characters and open ends at once. What about all of the events from 2 books ago? What about the Dream Hunters?

I kind of assumed that Nick would take over the Ash's role - I mean he is sleeping and feeding from /with her.

I just feel like Kenyon doesn't have a clear path on where this series is going and it's leading to a lot of dropped plots and fuzzy edges. It used to be so tight, but now rules keep changing and I don't thing we really know who knows what. I mean, Ash is more than aware of what Nick is, but there were comments Ash made that seemed contrary to that.

Ugh, I don't remember what else I wrote. I'm going to bed. I give this book 3.5 of 5 stars.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I just finished "No Mercy" this afternoon and really liked it. Mainly because I love Dev and Sam as characters. They are both strong and well mated for one another. I feel really sorry for Remi. Man, talk about the short end of the stick. Hope he gets a HEA soon. I missed the humor, sarcasm, romance, and action from this series. Like Twimom, I also had lots of questions unanswered;

1. Why did Nick bring back Sam's soul when it's not really needed?
2. What happens now when Ash's secret is revealed to Sam and does he know?
3. What is up with Urian having a sister?! I didn't know Stryker was previously married?
4. What did Savitar's jolt really do?

Twimom: I think Stryker's plan is to kill Apollo, but the thing is in order to do that he may have to die first. Unless he can use Nick to do that for him considering he's Artie's latest pet.

GAH...I'm SO not happy with Nick and Artemis being together.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm not happy about Nick and Artemis either! And I was left wondering the same thing about Savitar's jolt? Did he seriously just give those women the ability to have babies?? Just like that?? Did SK just throw that in there like that?? That question haunted me a lot at the end of the book.

I have to share with you all...in my World History class, we are going over ancient Greece, so we are talking about Greek mythology. I am having the HARDEST time not tell my class that Artemis is terrible! LOL I keep opening my mouth to tell them she's my least favorite on all the Greek gods or goddesses, and then I remember not to allow a fictional romance series to interfere with my teaching! :roll: :lol:

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

ROFL, Fan! Before the DH series, I didn't care too much about Artemis and actually kinda liked her. Now, however, I can't stand her in any forms. I couldn't feel sorry for her when she was tied up in the Percy Jackson series!

Personally, I would feel distracted by thinking about Julian. Man, I wish I had his class! *Drools*
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

CG: Urian has a sister - yes - we learned about her from Stryker's book... I don't have any of the books in front of me, but she is the daughter of his current mate, Zephyra (who was his ex-wife). I don't recall, but I don't think that Zephrya is Urian's mother... anyone?

And I'm tired of Savitar's "jolts" He also mated Wren and Maggie. I don't like how he can change the course of Fate so freely, yet Ash suffers if he tries... Although this new "wiping out the enemy with my staff" trick is getting old, too.
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Twimom: He did? I don't remember another sister called Medea. I know there's Shara (sp?) the one that wanted Xypher killed in Dream Chaser. I almost feel like Kenyon needs to put out another Companion book. Her story arcs and characters are getting a bit much.

As for Ash's staff, I never get tired of it. Heh. I'm thrilled that he and Tory are going to have a kid. I wonder what the kid will look like and if he/she will have any demon in him/her. I'm also wondering if we'll ever find out what's so special about Kyrian's and Amanda's kid, Marissa. Any guesses?
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

CG: I don't recall anyone named Shara - and I looked on Kenyon's site and couldn't find anyone with that name. Could you be thinking of Styker's sister? What was her name? Nick killed her - right?

Medea is their daughter - the only one.
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Twimom: I butchered her name. It's Satara not Shara. Yeah, she is actually Stryker's half sister. No, she is alive unfortunately. She was the one who told Stryker about Sam's finding out about the Apollities feeding off of demons. I guess I thought she was his daughter because she comes across as a spoiled child instead of sibling. There is another gal that wanted Xypher dead. I can't remember if she is the same person or not.

See, we really DO need a companion guide! And it looks like it's going to come out in August 2010!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

So SK was scheduled to release a new companion guide in August? I didn't come out, though, did it? Did I miss it??

Going thru my notes...I see I have Satara listed as Stryker's sister....daughter of Apollo. She used to be a hand-maiden to Artemis, right? Is she the one Nick killed? (That's what I have down, but I may be wrong...)

I agree that is seems strange that Savitar is so off-hand about playing with Fate. Is he just an escape clause for SK? She can't figure out how to make something end happily so she just *poof* has Savitar appear and jolt someone into happiness??

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Fan: Katara (sp?), Ash's daughter with Artie was the handmaid. She's mated with Sin. As for the guide, I don't recall one coming out in August of this year. Apparently, it's available from a website called "Vook" (http://vook.com/dark-hunter-an-insiders-guide.html). I'll see if my library has it or can get it from somewhere.