Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mandyhope22
Settled in Forks

Hi! New here!

Post by mandyhope22 »

How did you pick your screen name?
It's a combination of my name and birthday.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
I read the Twilight series in 2008. I had not picked up a book to read for pleasure in a long time. I was (still am) a stay @ home mom of two kids and I just didn't make the time to read anything that didn't have to do with being a parent or how to make sure your kids don't turn out crazy. I heard the hype about Twilight and and a couple of my friends had read it so I thought I'd try it out. I'd always had a thing for vampires. I absolutely fell in love with everything about the books. I'm so glad I found this website because I kind of felt kooky about being so interested in the story. I've read the series twice and I don't think I've read a book more than once in my life. For my favorite book, I would have to say it's a tie between Twilight and Eclipse. I love Twilight because it's where the story begins, where the falling in love happens. I love Eclipse for the action and the development of Edward and Bella's relationship.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
I love Edward but I also like Bella. I've read things about her being a weak heroine and I have to disagree. She's human, she's indecisive, she's vulnerable, she's awkward but the reader can identify with her and know that it's ok not to be perfect all of the time.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Emmett and Alice. Also Charlie.

What are your hobbies?
The kids take up most of my time but I do enjoy cross stitch, reading, watching TV, shopping (by myself when I get the chance), and talking on the phone (is that a hobby?)

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
Western Washington (not Forks!)

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
31 this year

Anything else you would like to share.
I'm just glad to be here. I joined so that I could enjoy reading other people's thoughts/insights about Twilight and know that they love the story as much as I do. Hopefully, I'll be able to add something interesting once in a while to the discussions. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person who thinks about Twilight way more often than any normal person should.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Hi! New here!

Post by Jestak »

Hi Mandy, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
mandyhope22
Settled in Forks

Post by mandyhope22 »

Thank you! I'll definitely be around. I rented Twilight and New Moon this week and forgot how much I enjoy them. When I first saw Twilight, I was disappointed. I had just finished the book and ran out to rent the movie. I was really absorbed in how different it was from the book and I couldn't see around that. I think I was kind of confused as to why so much of Edward and Bella's conversations were not put in the movie. I've seen Twilight a few times now and it's growing on me. I really like the New Moon and Eclipse movies as well. Eclipse is my favorite of the three but I still sit there and nit pick the ways it's different from the book. I think the acting is getting better, the actors seem to be more comfortable in their roles and are really portraying the true nature of their characters. Needless to say, I am very excited to see part 1 of Breaking Dawn. Too bad we have a year to wait. At least I'll have the Guide to distract myself!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. Welcome to the lex!!

I know what you mean about the movies. It's hard sometimes to not be nitpicky about the differences. Too bad the movies can't be like 4 hours to get more in there! :D And don't worry you defeinitely are not the only person to think about TW way more than they should. You're in good company here!

If you would like to come join us on the Team Edward thread, Team Emmett thread, and Team Alice thread.

See you around the boards.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Ina EssBe
Wandering Through Town

Post by Ina EssBe »

Hi and welcome :) See you around ;)

Ina
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi! Welcome to the Lex! Have fun! See you around the boards. :D
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Hello and welcome to the Lex! We are glad to have you here! Please check out the board, I know you will love it!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story