Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Uushia
Settled in Forks

UUshia, a dreamer mostly

Post by Uushia »

How did you pick your screen name?
Uushia is a weird nickname I have held onto since middle/high school. She was a character in stories my friend and I used to write called Immortal Melody. The name is derived from a rainbow goddess that is actually just spelled Ushia but for whatever reason our weird way of doing things back then has just stuck with me.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
While I was on maturnity leave with my son in '07, I was reading to pass the time. I was in what my husband calls a vampire binge and consuming every novel I could get my hands on. I picked up Twilight and actually was leery of the YA over the first choice I had found. My first choice was a bummer halfway through the book. So I ventured to read Twilight worried I might have lost the taste for vamps. Thankfully,I fell in love with Edward through Stephenie Meyer's books. I quickly sought the others available at that time and have been a happy fan since.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Okay I have mixed feelings. I originally fell in love with Edward,but after New Moon ??? I don't know? After him leaving Bella with what was said and Jacob picking up the peices?
Personally I think Bella should have given Jacob more thought and Edward a kick in the pants. But then I'm not so forgiving as Bella. However, I understand why she went with him. Perhaps this was really where Bella seperated from "being like me" and for it I hope I can judge her actions better as a character.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Yikes! This is hard because I tend to fall for many obscure characters. I think Seth would be a cool guy and Aro is just delicious.
Reasons? Maybe I'm crazy.

What are your hobbies?
My major Twilight related is probably roleplay forums. I'm an admin on a board and I'm definatly here to connect with others interested in becoming RP buddies and making fun story arcs. I dabble in skinning and I'm horrible at making nifty images.
Out of Twilight, I enjoy mostly creative stuff--painting, drawing, and theater(backstage).
I have a novel I am working on but I won't say much about other than I hope to get it published.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
I am from a city surrounded by cornfeilds in Indiana. Yes, I know that doesn't narrow it down. LOL.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
I'm in my twenties.

Anything else you would like to share.

I love meeting new people and I have yahoo messenger, ask and I'll send you a message. I'm hoping to find good RP buddies because I am very tired of the anti-twilight prejudice that seems to be cropping up in the RP community.
Team Aro ---Team Volturi
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: UUshia, a dreamer mostly

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Hi Uushia, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy yourself here. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Welcome UUshia. By the way, I think Aro is yummy too!!

:twisted:
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hey. Welcome to the lex!

I too love Seth. He's by far my favorite wolf. Happy little punk.

See you around.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi! Welcome to the Lex! Have fun! See you around the boards. :D
HopelessRomantic
Settled in Forks

Post by HopelessRomantic »

Welcome to the Lexicon!! :) :)

I agree with you on the point of choosing one favorite minor character.. they all bring such a unique spice that it's hard to have one definite favorite.
~Mirrors are sensitive windows; they allow you to see into the depths of your own soul.~

Uushia
Settled in Forks

Post by Uushia »

Thank you all for the greetings. It's so great to see a healthy and wecolming community.
Team Aro ---Team Volturi
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM