New Moon Extras

Post by Cocoa »

Discuss the New Moon Extras:

http://stepheniemeyer.com/nm_extras.html
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Extras

Post by Persephonie »

ok... now I definitly wish there was a New Moon companion book with Edward's perspective.... *sigh*
nads
Settled in Forks

Post by nads »

yeah.. i wish there was more story of what edward was doing when he was away from bella.
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

I was thinking about a NM from Edwards persective last night and I dont think I could handle it lol. Im almost finished re-reading twilight so the next step would be NM again but im afraid cause i feel so much for Bella in that book, I can just imagine one from Edwards POV, how desperatley sad it would be, the self-loathing he would feel for himself, the emptiness, constantly fighting with himself cause he wants so badly to go back but thinks Bella is better off without him. Dont get me wrong, though, I think it would be interesting to see Edwards POV.
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

I was thinking about a NM from Edwards persective last night and I dont think I could handle it lol. Im almost finished re-reading twilight so the next step would be NM again but im afraid cause i feel so much for Bella in that book, I can just imagine one from Edwards POV, how desperatley sad it would be, the self-loathing he would feel for himself, the emptiness, constantly fighting with himself cause he wants so badly to go back but thinks Bella is better off without him. Dont get me wrong, though, I think it would be interesting to see Edwards POV.
I completely agree with you.

leannia
Wandering Through Town

Post by leannia »

New Moon from Edward's perspective would be very depressing - unless she mostly skips over the whole bulk of the book. (The first part of New Moon messed me up - I had a break-up very similar to this in college so the emotions Bella went through were magnified in my head by my own experiences. Very difficult to read.)

I would love to see the encounter with the Volturi through edward's eyes. See what Aro and gang were thinking.... I would love to see what he was thinking when Bella first ran into him in Volterra, and what was going through his head when the Cullens are all voting about Bella's imortality. I love the extra's that go wtih this book - Rosalie's phone call to Edward telling him that Bella is dead, and Alice's phone conversation with Rosalie about it all...

I also loved the short story of New Moon from Jacob's perspective. She should include it in the back of New Moon from Edward's perspective... :P

(Does anyone else see Aro wanting a half immortal child at Voltera and having Felix (or himself) knock up the human receptionist?)
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

leannia wrote:Does anyone else see Aro wanting a half immortal child at Voltera and having Felix (or himself) knock up the human receptionist?
YES. :mrgreen:

i think Aro would do it himself - he would say because he has a gift so it would make a more powerful child.
and chelsea would make the receptionist fall in love with him (temporarily).

Back on topic . . .. (sort of)

A whole book of NM from Edward's point of view would end up with me having the kind of dreams that people would have after someone they love has died. (is there a type of dream grieving people have?)
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
emoo
Settled in Forks

alternate ending

Post by emoo »

What did everyone think of Stephanie originally not having Bella know that Jacob was a warewolf until the epilogue?

I thought the line final line when Edward says "you wreak of warewolf" would have made an excellent ending!! But at the same time there would be so much to catch up on in Eclipse without knowing all the warewolf info in NM.
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

I loved the extras posted on SM's site. It definitely gives you something to think about as far as Rosalie's POV.

I agree that the entire book of NM from Edward's perspective would be depressing, although the meeting with the Volturi would be interesting to hear with Edward's special gift.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
mom26ks
Wandering Through Town

Re: where to post this??????

Post by mom26ks »

I am soooooooooooooooo upset. Catherine Hardwick has passed on New Moon. Due to a deal that showtime and Summit made. She had wanted to work more on the script than they would allow. They are pushing to have New Moon out by the end of 2009 or begining of 2010. The worst part is that they are calling this a Twilight franchise, which to me makes this just like other regular movies. It has comedown to money and sadly greed has won. They are trying to get Edward to be in New Moon more than he is in the book. In my opinion it would ruin the movie. I can see him in her head speaking to her when she was doing stupid stuff, but he's not a big part of the story.

I hate that they are making the Twilight stories into this commercial crap and taking away what was special about it.

Please tell me how you feel? If I have posted this in the right spot? How I can get this message across???

I have to wonder what Stephanie thinks knowing that her books are probably out of her hands and she won't have much say....
s69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/len...