Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by Amanda Beth »

She'll have to dye it dark brown, not wash it out. Her hair is naturally a dirty blonde ;)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hear about Kristen and Rob having to pull into a police station in LA to escape the paps the other day? How pathetic and assinine these people are. They're gonna keep doing this until somone dies, and that's already happened with Princess Diana.

Penn Jillette from Penn & Teller says that when one says there should be a law against something, there probably shouldn't be, but even he'd agree that there needs to be meausres taken to prevent an innocent person from getting hurt or killed.

That's the main reason I've proposed a media thread so we as fans can (in a responsible and reasonable manner hopefully) disscuss this and how far is too far for the media and their ways, and where their responsibilites should lie.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

While promoting WTTR, did anyone form different opinions of Kristen, or did her interviews confrim or build upon what you know and feel about her. All the promo stuff did confrim what I feel about her and now matter how many times she's asked the same question, she always has a witty, respectful, thoughtful honest answer. And she, especially in one-on-one interviews doesn't hide the fact that she herself doesn't see herself as perfect.

I like the fact that Kristen, and most of the rest of the cast, haven't lost themselves in the fame. Their lives may be a little more hectic and fame brings it's positives and negatives, but I admire that all of them haven't lost their heads. Kristen doesn't flaunt her wealth, tries to identify/emphatize with her fans, and tries to be a real person. And I like that her co-stars seem to be striving towards similar goals.

She's a great actress and person, and I'm glad that she's managed to surround her self with good people as far as friends, family, and co-workers. Just read some of the stuff that Jake Scott and James Gandofini have said about her recently.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^I totally agree with you. I love the fact that she's the same and hasn't changed. My mom's asked me more than once if I think any of the actors/cast has changed thanks to their fame & I say no. From what I've seen in interviews & little tidbits here & there they're all the same & are just thankful & consider themselves lucky to be where they are. Even though Kristen is shy & sometimes still has a hard time w/interviews (and some people hate her for it but whatever) that's why I like her she's a real honest person. She's not in this for the money, parties or fame. She's an actress because she wants to be, it's what she enjoys doing.

I'm really curious to see how she's going to do the Bella of BD. For some reason I have a hard time seeing her as the motherly Bella. I think she'll do the rest great. And it'll be fun to see Bella as a vampire. I don't know...anyway.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I think kristen is getting better at handling everything when it comes to the press. I always love watching her interviews as it's refreshing to see someone stumble and try to get out what they say while STILL being private.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Fighting fate
Wandering Through Town

Post by Fighting fate »

For me, I think kristen is pretty spot on when it comes to bella, looks wise anyway. the way i imagine bella, is pretty similar to the way Kristen looks, the hair, the eyes, the facial expresions. there is no perfect actress to play bella out there, because everyone sees her differently in their own mind, and no one can fufill everyone's interpertation of bella. But from her description, i think kristen is pretty dang close. As for her performance, well in my opinion at least, i think she did rather well, it left me a little dissapointed at times tho. Again no one could ever do it perfectly. I always liked kristen and the roles she plays, i think she is a very good actress. I try to be as fair as possible, and not let my personal preferneces get in the way. I think for her role as bella, she did great with what she was given. I think my own personal issue is not so much with kristen herself but with the way the bella character for the movies was written, it didnt seem to ring completley true with the bella i see from the books. especially in eclipse, like when she voluntarily gets on the bike with jacob, or in new moon( i think its nm, i have a terrible memory :? ) when she punches one of the wolves. that just doesnt seem like a bella thing, to me at least.
But back to kristen, her manerisms are sooo bella its spooky!!! her overall as bella was a great choice. so i give her two thumbs up
(random thought: is it just me, or did anyone else find kristen's voice a little to deep to be bellas voice, i imagined her voice i dont know... girlier, thats not the right word but i cant think of a better one. more childlike maybe???- just not sure if im the only one who thought that)
I dont want you, i need you. I dont care for you, i love you. Ill be there for you, because of you. I wont kill for you, Ill live for you. Ill do anything for you~~NBB
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Well, Kristen can't do too much when she's given stuff in the script that doesn't ring right to her. The only time that she really spoke up was in New Moon to get the movie theater lobby scene added. And that's because Taylor and Chris though it was a good idea too. But she's done well considering what she's been given--a somewhat underdeveloped character and a script that had some holes in it and unnecssary stuff added to it.

As for Kristen's voice, again, not too much she can do about that, but considering that Bella is a bit of a tomboy, I didn't imagine her having and especially girly voice.

Fighting fate
Wandering Through Town

Post by Fighting fate »

^^oh no im not blaming kristen at all, if thats what you thought because im not sure. i just mean to say that i guess my real beef with the movies and the role of bella is the writing of it all. its definatley not her fault that her character didnt ring true to the bella of the series. she took what was given to her and she did the best she could with it, which in the end turned out pretty well. ofcoure im not 100% happy with it but no one can ever be totally pleased. i cant imagine anyone else playing this role though. and im not sure why i imagine her voice to be different, i guess everyones different, it just didnt scream bella to me and i wondered if anyone thought the same thing. its not kristens fault at all, i would never blame her for it, and it doesnt take away from her performance, it just seemed off to me becuase i never imagined it that way. i just wanted to make sure you knew i wasnt blaming her, no never that. im sure you werent saying that in the first place so forgive me if this rant is all for nothing :D . i hoped this cleared what i said up, if anything needed clearing lol, there will never be a perfect bella, but kristen's portrayal is close, in my eyes at least.
I dont want you, i need you. I dont care for you, i love you. Ill be there for you, because of you. I wont kill for you, Ill live for you. Ill do anything for you~~NBB
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Not yelling at you or Kristen, I'm blaming the scrip. The guy who wrote Death Wish 3 (perhaps the most unintentionally comical movie ever) could've done better at times. I don't think that Melissa's style was exactly cut out for fantasy romance movies, and she deleted somethings that should've been in there, and added stuff that wasn't really necessary.

Catherine and the actors changed some things in Twilight, and Chris and the cast did the same for New Moon, and I'm betting that David and the cast made changes to the Eclipse script too. At times, I think that we'd have been better off if Stephenie co-wrote the script instead of just taking story credit.

However, considering some the crap that she's been given here, and in some of her other movies, Kristen has done an admirable job.

I mean, we can nit pick all we want about Kristen vs Bella--Kristen has green eyes (brown contacts), dark blond hair (hair dye, wig, or both depending on the movie), is 5'6" and has a personality that is unlike Bella's as it is like it, while Bella has brown eyes, brown hair, is 5'4" and has some similarities to Kristen's personality. But if we like what's on screen, why should little details matter?

I didn't imagine Bella being very feminine--Kristen at times has been more feminine than Bella, and that's a woman who used to have an aversion to dressing up and wearing make up--hence, I didn't think that she'd have an extremely feminine voice.

There are more places that little things are more glaring--Ashley Greene is 5'5" while Alice is 4'11" or something like that.

I do feel that Kristen Stewart is about as close as they were gonna get to someone who could look like a convincing Bella and still be a good enough actress to make a reasonable film out of a crappy script. And if you need convincing on Kristen's acting abilities, watch or rent Speak, though it seems that you don't need much convincing :).

And to those who don't like Kristen, you're stuck with her for the last two films and most of the people who hate/dislike her is because she's dating Rob. I don't get people like that, and Rob has had to stand up for her so many times--without her asking--that his you know what probably doesn't know what a chair feels like (speaking figuratively, of course).

At least Kristen and Rob haven't let a few crappy "fans" get to them, because even though Kristen has a bit of an aversion to taking photos with random "fans" that pop out of nowhere (the ones who post the subsequent photo on Facebook or Twitter and make fun of her, or sell the photo to the tabloids), she's never turned down a photo or an autograph, especially to true fans of her and the series.

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hey everyone - Kristen needs your help! She is nominated for a Razzie for Eclipse. And she's getting the most votes!. :x
So go vote for some other actresses to help get the heat off of her. (Other cast members are nominated in the other acting categories as well.) And get your Twilight loving friends to vote too.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson