Rob's Halfway House -- #7

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #7

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

Everybody having a lazy Sunday again? I’m planning on it…

Hey, Ann-marie…I hope everything is okay…

Tonise, yes it sounds like your bf (does it sound nice when we say like that?) needs some twilight introduction…I hope you get him to watch it, mine still won’t do it…

Jaclyn, my father is gone for 3 month most of the time…for my brother they still have to establish periods because it’s his first run, initially he would have been gone for 4 months but now he’s coming home after 3 because it fitted better in the schedule…

Haha, are you sure you can handle it if you bump into Rob and Kris? Lovely coincident btw…

Caryn, I see you are thinking about taking over MR’s job??? I would vote for you, I’m sure that you can get pg-13 sexy…
Yeah, Kris and Rob together in Cannes would be the ultimate dream…

Susie, you have to most crazy dream ever…and so decent, in my dream I probably would have stand gaping through that door, drooling…
Ooh, I like shopping anywhere, it’s just that I can’t find something nice at the moment, I have been thinking that next week I might drive to Germany and have a look there…
My brothers friends came to drink some beer and chat, they do that every few weeks when my brother is away, when my brother is here they are practically living here…

Chrissy, I’m not getting any further with Fallen because of the large amount of new good twi-fanfic I have found and my own writings…and I want to read DH before the premiere…I just have a few hours to short in a day…

Dawn, in Holland we don’t get star-struck premieres…it’s so annoying…but we do get early premieres, most of the time we get to see the big releases 2 or 3 days before the US…
But maybe I can go with my mom to the HP premiere in London in July.

well, I think I'll see you girls tonight again...my mom is bugging me I better go and help her
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

*Sneaks in because we have an extra hour thanks to Daylight Savings Time. ;) *
Just a quick "Hi & Hello" while I go back to page two and really read through your posts. Be back later! :D

EDIT:: Before I go any further...

Raine~ I'm so very sorry for your loss, but very glad that your Aunt is no longer suffering. I don't know why, but something made me want to share this quote with you. Perhaps it was the pictures of the recent climb you made with your family to "Kamay ni Hesus"??

• "But every road has an end; every mountain had its peak. If we can just hold on and keep climbing, knowing that God is aware of how we're straining, He will bring us up and over the mountains."
Just know that even half a world away there are people who will pray with you and share the journey. <3
Last edited by VirginiaMay on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

ONE EXTRA HOUR!!!!

I love this end of the time switch - the other in the spring is horrible for me!!

Today I'm going to Daughter Dear's college church service because her choir is singing - St. Olaf is famous for its choirs - they have a huge Christmas Festival that is very famous - this year it will be televised. They have 5 choirs. Anyway, my parents are coming too (but hubs and Sonny Boy have to stay home and do stuff at our church). We'll go out to lunch together and then I'll come home. I'm meeting my friend Mary at an indoor Global Market for a Hispanic Festival with free hors d'oevures!

Dawn - I went to two TwiCons in September - Minneapolis and Chicago. In Minneapolis I saw Boo boo, Bronson, Embry (forgot his name), Mike Welch, Julia Jones, and Nikki Reed. I sand a duet with Mike Welch at Karaoke night. I went to the breakfast (only about 20 people there because it was Labor Day weekend) where I got to talk to Nikki, Boo Boo, Bronson and Embry a lot - Boo boo and Bronson sat right next to me. In Chicago I saw Peter and Alex and then sang the same duet with Mike Welch (Summer Lovin') I'm sure he thinks I'm a stalker now. As far as the LA Premiere, I don't think any of us went to that, but Caryn's friend did and we heard all about it from Caryn. Vicky and Ann Marie went to the London Premiere, but the big three actors didn't attend.

Ginnie
- HI! Yes. I love the extra hour too! Did you get to go to the wedding yesterday?? If so, tell us all about it - the dresses, the food, the music, the flowers!!

Marielle - You know how refined I am!! I respect Rob even in my dreams!! Your brother's friends are so funny!!! Do they not have girlfriends to keep them busy?

JennJenn
- Time to get out the winter wardrobe!! Hats and gloves. It sounds like walking is your main form of transportation - good exercise!!

Chrissy
- YES. YOU. ARE. REMARKABLE. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you will be able to talk to people without getting so nervous. Just sing the song from The Sound of Music, "I have Confidence". Not wanting to let your partner down is perfect motivation for you.

Jaclyn
- We love you too!!!! :D You know that I feel the same way about this group of women too! Thanks for taking the time to say it now. Awww.......

Raine - My condolences to your family. It's so great that you will all be together. You have a very close family, don't you? I loved reading your post. I'm amazed you had the time to do it.

Caryn
- I forgot to say that your new hair coloring sounds absolutely beautiful! Pic???

Time to go!

See you tonight!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Evening all!

Today my parents took my bf and I out to lunch. It was yummy!! I am still pretty stuffed so I will probably just make myself a snack for tea tonight. My bf is at work now, so I plan on just lazying around tonight. I might watch some tv, and I will most likely read some too. I love the weekends!

Rob looking incredibly good in a suit!

Chrissy - Haha that's a funny story about your project partner wondering if you were a Twilight fan ;) That's good he didn't totally slag it though... When is your actual presentation? Do both of you have to speak?
It sounds like you're doing really good with your diet plan. I can imagine how difficult it is to give up things you really want, especially when other people are eating it in the house! Have you set yourself a target weight? Are you going to reward yourself for reaching it?

JennJenn - Can I ask why you won't allow yourself to read/watch any more Harry Potter? It's cool if you would rather not say, I'm just curious :)
Haha, that's cool that you like a Scottish accent! I don't think I really have a strong one compared to some folk. I can only hear it in myself when I talk to people from different countries. Even in England, when I try to order food in restruants and stuff, I try to talk slow and proper, just so I will get my order right but my bf always thinks the way I do it makes me sound even more Scottish :lol:

Marielle - Lazy Sundays are the best!!

Susie - How was your daughter's college choir today? I hope you have fun with your friend Mary!

It's really noisy with fireworks here tonight. There have beem much more tonight and last night than there were on actual Bonfire Night. It was raining heavy on Friday, so that's probably why. Some of the bangs are loud!! I've jumped a couple of times :lol:

I will check back again later - bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Ilovetwilight0509-The more you type, the better. We love mega post here and there are quite a few of us that are VERY good at it!

Marielle-Wow, I bet you worry a lot about your father and brother. I know I would.

Ginnie-That was so sweet that you posted that for Raine! :)

Susie-I love the fall time change as well! I almost forgot to change time last night. I really never have to change much of my wardrobe. I just have to take out the tank tops and add in the sweaters and hoodies. I VERY rarely wear shorts as I hate the scars on my legs. Yep, I walk a lot, but you know, I still haven't shed much weight. I need to change the way I eat as well. Maybe a change of scenery will help me a bit next month, at least I hope it will!

Jacklyn-I don't mind you asking at all :) I wont watch it or read it because of the witch craft element of it. It goes against my religous background and I just honestly feel guilty everytime I think about reading it or watching it. I don't hold it against those that do though. It's just a personal choice. I get people asking me why I like Twilight when I don't like HP, and I really don't know why. Yep, I love me a Scottish accent! I blame it on Sean Connery :lol: That man is old enough to be my grandfather, but hot dang he is HOT! The Scottish and Irish accents I think are the best in the world, next to southern ones in the US ;)

I am getting excited that I get to see my family in 5 1/2 weeks! The fact that I get to see family I have not seen in over a decade is astounding! It's hard to believe that it's been 16 1/2 years sense I last saw my mother ans sister and 11 years sense I last saw my Aunts and cousins.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

It's so quiet here tonight! I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. I can't beleive the weekend is almost over alreayd! :(

BUT!! great news!! I was checking out ROBsessed and there are some truly excellent pictures that make me smile so much my jaw is actually hurting!!!

Firstly.... we have a smiling & happy looking RobSten in Rio!!! :D :D

My
shipper
heart
is exploding!

I am assuming these are papz pics, but they look so happy I am posting them (I know, it's totally double standards but right now I kinda don't care :D :lol: ). It looks like they are on a balcony, perhaps from their hotel?? They are SHARING A BALCONY IN THEIR HOTEL!!!!! :D

*EXPLODES*

:D :D

ROBsessed has got more pics if you wanna see them. They are all similar but all awesome!!

Ok...they also have pics of Rob driving a SPEEDBOAT! I'm assuming for when they travel across to Isle Esme.
wow wow wow
even more wow wow wow!!

Is that Kristen in the other seat in the last picture^^? I can't tell...

But anyways, WHOOP!

JennJenn - Thanks for explaining the Harry Potter thing. I agree with you that an Irish accent is very sexy ;)
I'm so happy that you are getting to go and see your mom and family soon! YAY!

Ok I am away to... probably sit and think about the awesome RobSten pics until my bf gets in (about 15 minutes) and then tell him in great details how super amazingly cool the pictures are :lol:
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Jacklyn, THANK YOU for posting those! Wahooo!

Okay, I guess Edward got a haircut cause Rob's hair is really short for Edward. It looks like Kristen in the one pic on the other side of Rob to me.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hey Ladies!

Just a quick post I took the morning off so I could rest a bit more and I have to drop my mom and dad to the bus station later on. It was a beautiful send off, we don't used the word funeral all through out, if it can be a right word. My aunt when she was alive mentioned that she wants to be cremated when the time comes and no more than a day of public viewing so we all honored that request. We had a 3 hour viewing, followed by the mass and then cremation. Everybody was wearing white and the flowers, white roses and orchids, are white as well. My aunt never married nor have kids so we, the nieces and nephews are like her children, and their kids her grandchildren. It was a very solemn affair broken only by the high pitch laughter of the kids. The eulogy were beautiful, even my eldest brother who's very quiet and rarely do the public speaking step up and share some last memories with my aunt. At the end of the eulogy we each raise a glass of wine and toast my aunt's memories. After we said our last goodbyes all the kids, her grandchildren, step up and wrote messages in the box. Some of the elder grandchildren wrote beautiful messages, the younger kids including my baby niece is just happy to hold a pen and doodle something. The priest who officiated the mass, was very good at delivering comforting words during his sermon that by the time we are having dinner and waiting for the ashes to be brought to us everybody had almost a small smile in their faces. Not only was our aunt at peace but so are we.

Thanks Ginnie its a beautiful quote. The priest said something quite similar to that...

I'll be back again tonight. Thanks ladies for all the support and condolences.
Later
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Ladies!

Well, it's Sunday evening here and I can't wait to get my pjs on and go to bed (and read Catching Fire) I'm so tired, though, I think I might fall asleep before I've read a page!! I'm feeling a bit dizzy right now and it seems an old ailment is revisiting me - "Benign Positional Vertigo". It's harmless, but annoying. I first experienced it over 10 years ago. Basically, there are loose particles in my inner ear that cause the dizziness when my head changes positions (lying down and getting up, looking up while changing a light bulb, etc.) Luckily the spinning is minor and I don't get nauseous. The exercise that helps get rid of it is to lie on my bed on my back with my head hanging over the edge - thus causing a dizzy spell. By forcing it, the body compensates for it. That's what I'll be doing later tonight. A little bit of dizziness can be a little fun - it is like having a buzz - and it might help with my RobDream for tonight...... ;)

Raine - What a beautiful "send off"!! I love the writing messages thing. Very touching. I can see why you needed to take the morning off of work.

Jaclyn - You're right - it has been quiet here today. It sounds like you had a nice meal out with your parents. (They miss you at home!) THANK YOU for those Rio Robsten pics!!! :D :D :D Yes, they do look happy. MY SHIPPER HEART IS HAPPY TOO! Yes, I think that is Kristen in the boat with him - I don't really like that shirt for Edward - but maybe they're just practicing at this point- taking the boat to the Isle Esme.

JennJenn - So when you say its freezing there, you still are only wearing a hoodie?? Girl. You don't know "freezing"!!! We need to wear turtlenecks and sweaters AND winter coats, hats and gloves/mittens and of course boots. I love it! I never wear shorts either! (If I looked good in them, I would! :? ) Would you feel comfortable telling us a little about why you haven't seen your mom for 16.5 years? Was it because of a divorce? Of course if you'd rather not, I'd certainly understand.

Is 8pm too early to go to bed?? :?

See you all tomorrow!!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hey all, hope everyone's day went well. I LOVED the extra hour. Although I only slept through it. :oops:

I didn't have too much of anything planned today. Lazy one indeed. I watched everything I've missed on television. Including staying up 4 hours last night/this morning to watch Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2. God I love horror movies! If you do too, there's a new show on AMC called The Walking Dead. GOOD STUFF! Especially if you like disgusting. :lol:

JennJenn: Yes, I have been the H2O queen around here! I'm not really a hard worker. I just need a good grade on this. :lol: My doctor was my kick in the rear. I had too many health problems going wrong at once. I'd like to see the tequila shot waiting on my 21st birthday. ;) This isn't my first attempt at a diet change but I'm committed to this one.

Dawn: (Hope I got that name right) Hi, I'm Chrissy. Welcome to the Halfway House! I'm new to this thread too. ;)

Marielle: Gosh! I did it again! I don't know WHY I want to spell your name like Marriellia. Anyways, I know what you mean. Although I don't write myself, it always seem like there's something that needs to be read first. Like now. I SO want to start Torment but I'm behind in chapters I need to read for class next week. As soon as winter vacation gets here I'll be reading non-stop!

Raine: I'm sorry I forgot to mention in my post yesterday, I'm so sorry for your loss. I read what you said and then I guess it slipped my mind to include my condolences. Please charge it to my head and not my heart.

Susie: Oh, your daughter is in a chior, that's great. I was in chior for a year when I was in 2nd grade. Then, I discovered I couldn't sing. :lol: I've never heard that song. Maybe I'll look it up. You're on Catching Fire already? I wasn't even aware you'd read The Hunger Games. I've recently read all 3 in September. LOVED THEM! How are you liking them so far? Oh God, that dizziness sounds horrible. Do you get it really often? I've only gotten unexplainably (is that a word?) dizzy maybe 1 or 2 times. The first was recently. Maybe a couple of months ago. I was in the shower and I leaned forward to wipe some suds off of my knee only I didn't stop going foward LoL.

Jaclyn: Loved that suit pic. Yea, I like people who'll admit what exactly they don't like but still be respectful at the same time. If he dissed 'em I might have gotten defensive! ;) We have to give the presentation this coming Friday. We drew numbers for this Friday and next Friday, my partner drew this Friday. Unfortunately, we do both have to speak. :( I'll probably faint though. We're doing a PowerPoint to go along with it. It's extremely difficult to make cut-backs when other people are still happily chewing laffy taffys around you like the whole world is this perfect place. Earlier my brother came in with a Fudge Round, I could smell it as soon as he opened the door. I honestly wanted to kick him in the face. :lol: No, I don't really have a target weight I'd like to reach. My first step is to make healthier eating habits. If later on down the line weight-loss happens to stop by (let's all pray it does) then it's welcome to join the party. A reward? I'm not sure. I'd be personally proud of myself but I won't go on a fried twinkie spree (if that's what you mean) if I lose a certain amount.

Hope you ladies enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse