The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Post by Amanda Beth »

Ohhh gotcha. Yeah mine just picked up right when she got the picture of Annie and Finnick's son, everything before that actually happened. The epilogue is different just because I wanted to expand while I was at it, and I did name her daughter Madge. Even though she's dead it wasn't a death Katniss saw and I felt since Madge really want the reason behind the mockingjay I thought it would be nice. And I think the son would be named after her father--they had such a great relationship and a lot of people are named after their grandparents.

I could never write another story for the series like I did for Twilight. Unlike Breaking Dawn, Mockingjay was really an ending to me. In BD there was the Volturi still out there, Renesmee and Jacob, Bella's new life--a ton of future to go into. I didn't feel there was any future conflict left after Mockingjay and really, I don't WANT the characters to go through anymore conflict. I want them to live as happily ever after as possible and since stories need conflict, it would be pretty boring to just have a day to day life of Katniss and Peeta lol.
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hi everyone, I'm Chrissy. I purchased The Hunger Games yesterday! I saw a lot of people around the Lex talking about the books. I only bought the 1st book. I wanted to see if I liked it enough to buy/read the rest. I just wanted to come in and introduce myself now, because, if I enjoy the books as much as some people told me I would in the Teen Thread, I'll be here reviewing the series soon. :)

So far I've gotten to the 3rd chapter :lol:. It's kept me interested so far.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Hi :D
I started reading the hunger games cuz lexers kinda made me lol
I finished Mockingjay yesterday.
WOWWWWWWWWW!
AMAZING!
I can't belive Prim died! I can't get the image of her on fire from my head.
And Finnick! I'm so team Finnick and now he is dead and I was so depressed when I read that and how can Annie live without him? They are so amazing together, btw.
And at least Peeta is okay now. I lvoe him and I hoped so much he'll be okay and now he is =D
And it's nice they have kids but it's still weird. I can't imagine Katniss pregnant...
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Alright, just sharing my impressions...coming from someone who just finished Mockingjay today!

I can see the issues some have with the epilogue being too quick or too disjointed. At first, I didn't like that she had kids either, but then I realized that her fear was always that her kids would have to fight in the Games. That wasn't going to happen anymore, and hasn't Katniss always spoke about how much she feels she owes Peeta? Can never repay him? He wanted the kids and she couldn't argue against having them since the Games were over. I think she did it for him.

I think it was interesting to see all the different sides presented. Katniss as a hero to some, to others she was selfish and terrible. Fighting was necessary and then had gone too far. Collins shows a need for thought, balance, and looking at a situation from all sides. Those were good things to think about.

I'm still not over Prim's death. Unlike some of you, I didn't see it coming. I thought Gale was going to die. I wasn't surprised Katniss ended up with Peeta though. It's been about balance in this book, and Peeta was Katniss' balance. He was the opposite of her, better where she was weaker and weaker where she was stronger. I think it made perfect sense for them to be together. And Peeta's suffering made his love for Katniss, in the end, more real because he had to overcome to realizations that she wasn't the perfect girl he saw with rose colored glasses all those years. But he loved her again, knwoing the whole truth.

Ok, that's all the opinions I have for now :)

Thank you Naureen!!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

If I had finishedthe Gregor the Overlander series before I read Mockingjay, I could have told you the entire plot of the book. Now, I'm not saying they're exactly the same, but there are a couple huge things in both books that are exactly similar.

Uh, if you haven't read Gregor and want to do so and don't want anything to be spoiled (though, by my assertion, that makes Mockingjay a spoiler) don't read the list below, but here, I'll hide it for you:

Main character's special friend goes crazy and hates them for a while, then they get back together.
MC's most important person that isn't a love interest dies.
A bunch of semi-minor characters that we know and love but are integral to the story line die, and their deaths do othing but traumatize everyone else.
MC makes a mega twist at the very end.
They get over all the dead people and move on. The end.

And I'm sure there are more similarites that I could find, but I haven't read Gregor or Mockingjay in a month or two so I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

^^ I've never read Gregor before, but I heard comparisons other places. The reason I think SC can get away with it is because the books are written for two different types of audiences.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

So the actress that played Bree in Eclipse (I can't remember her name) has expressed intrest in playing Katniss in the HG movie. What do you guys think? Any thoughts?

At first I wasn't too sure. But then she tweeted herself dressed up as Katniss for Halloween & I gotta say I liked it. I think maybe I could see her as Katniss.

And at least a while back David Slade was supposed to be in the running to direct. Any thoughts on him directing?

I think he did a pretty good job w/Eclipse. I wouldn't be opposed to him directing the HG movie.

I wish we'd hear some more concrete movie news! Othar than the fact I know it's gonna be a movie there's been nothing! And it seems like it's been forever since we knew that much.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^Wow, you are missing A LOT of stuff that's happened!

-Gary Ross is going to direct (most likely). He is in negotiations, but he has been for probably a month now and there's been no official announcement. Still, SC said she felt Gary Ross was right during one of the book tours.
-Lyndsy Fonseca from Nikita has the script.
-Kaya Scodelario tweeted that she had the script, but then deleted those tweets and her manager contacted The Hunger Games Alliance, saying that they were trying to get her "a hard copy" of the script right now but she didn't have it. Fan speculation abounds on what this really means.
-Malese Jow's been working her tail off promoting herself for Katniss. She tries to get #MaleseforKatniss to trend on twitter and had an interview with MTVHollywoodcrush about how she wants to play Katniss and that she's trying to secure a script as well.
-Distribution from MGM fell through, and so today Nina Jacobson is at AFM trying to get distributers for THG. This could be bad, because without money...yikes. But personally, I'm confident THG will get a distributer because it's the next big thing.
-Did I mention Kristin Chenowith earlier? Well, she won a poll EW had to play Effie. Access Hollywood interviewed her about it, asked if she had heard of THG. She said, "I've heard about them. Are you kidding me?" She was really excited and said that she should get her agent on it, because she could do that "for sure."

And this is all my Hunter4Baker speculation turned on:
-We know Hunter Parrish knows about THG and Peeta, because someone tweeted him with the link to the EW poll he won and replied "Wow! Thnx!" He's been quiet about it since, buuuut
-He's following Kaya Scodelario on twitter, who won the EW poll for Katniss, and as far as anyone knows, this is the only connection they have.
-Kaya followed him back and tweeted to him: "@HunterParrish just want 2 say weeds is a amazing program and you were my first telly crush!Good luck with everything.hope to meet u 1 day."
-Then on top of that, Lyndsy Fonseca is following Hunter, which again, we know of no connection between them other than possibly The Hunger Games.

I think he's being quiet about it. But his show Weeds is produced by Lionsgate, so he already has an in with them, and Lionsgate responded to EW's poll and said that the fan's suggestions were "inspiring." I have a lot of hope for him to be cast!

Oh, and Reelz Channel made these REALLY awful suggestions for actors and so they asked THG Alliance to make a poll for the fans to vote in and they're going to post the results. You can vote here, to the right: http://downwiththecapitol.blogspot.com/

And I'd just really like you to watch this before you vote for Peeta, because Hunter Parrish is so amazing, but most people don't warm up to him until you see him act because he is SO expressive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-78anLidm0
And I'd like to remind you THAT IS LIVE ON BROADWAY and not the best camera, either. Gah, he's so amazing. It makes me hurt sometimes. And have I mentioned there's a video of him BAKING? I almost had a heart attack when I saw it!
This is a collage of him: http://halfhope.deviantart.com/art/Hunt ... -183714941 I suggest you click on it, too, so you can see the pictures better. :)
One more quick thing, this is a review from Hunter in the musical Spring Awakening:
"Another big surprise of his accomplished, deeply moving performance is his speaking voice. Without for a moment sounding affected, Parrish delivers Melchior's lines in resonant tones that indicate he'd be great in classical theater. (What a Romeo he would be! Hey, Mr. Producer...) In sum, his performance is a triumph."
I read that and was like, "OMMJ. Peeta. Stellar verbal skills. Hunter. Peeta."
Source: http://broadwaystars.com/michael-portan ... ning.shtml

Ok, to end it, Hunter isn't how I imagined Peeta looking like, but I am convinced he is the best actor for Peeta, as you can tell by what I meant to be a short thing into this long epic poem of his amazingness. Anyway.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I think there are so many good actresses and actors we haven't even thought of yet. I'm hoping SC has some say in casting.

I'm not HATING the thought of Lyndsy as Katniss, but I just don't see it. She's too girlie-pretty. Every since I saw Nikki Yanofsky though, I'm stuck on that's what Katniss looks like. I don't think Lyndsy looks the right age either. I picture Katniss looking younger just bc she didn't grow up w/ the best nutrition and stuff.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^Ahhh thanks so much for posting, now I won't have to double-post. I'm shaking right now! I'm so excited!!!!
On The Hunger Games Trilogy forums, there's someone who is apparently trying out for THG.
thegirlonfire: "I am currently in California. Yes that's right, I'm not even in school anymore, I'm stuck here in a dreary apartment with one of my agents many secretaries. I hate California so far (no offense to all you Californians) but maybe thats just because It's the complete opposite of home and I know absolutely no one here. All that keeps me going is that I have to keep reminding myself that I'm here for a purpose.

I've met many other people who are going for different Hunger Games roles.
And I've been tested out with many different Peetas. Theres only been one that I like in particular at the moment, but sadly I can't tell you guys exact information. We had some icecream, and it turns out hes 23, and hes even from Virginia, just like muah."

Project86 responded: "i know a certain blonde haired WEEDS Star who is 23 and from Virginia"

thegirlonfire replied back: "Your crafty you are.
Yes well this certain person has honestly been the only actor I've met up with who I could actually see portraying Peeta."

IF this is true...I think I might die a happy fangirl!
You can read it here: http://www.hungergamestrilogy.com/phpbb ... 65#p144965

Oh, and no Lyndsy, thank you. She is way too pretty.

Edit: Oh, haha I forgot to mention for people not as obsessed as I that Hunter is a blonde, 23-year-old Weeds actor from Virginia!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com