Rob's Halfway House -- #7

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #7

Post by Jazz Girl »

Evening ladies!! Sorry about the MiA status today. Even with the extra hour, I had much running around to do this morning, after which I spent a few hours at one of my girlfriend's houses. She had a Silpada jewelry party and I had just a wee bit too much wine with no lunch. So, I hung around and chewed the fat until I felt well enough to drive. Safety first, of course.

But, of course, the best part was that, all afternoon, my Crackberry was buzzing it's fool head off with updates of new pictures from Rio (disclaimer~ majority of pictures coming from Rio are fanpictures). I have a love/hate relationship with these pictures. Rob can walk around with his shirt unbuttoned like that ALL he wants. BUT, what is with Rob's almost black hair??? :shock: He looks more like he's getting ready to reprise the role of Robvador Dali and not RobWard Cullen. WTF???

Marielle~ :lol: Nope, her line all the way. I would have called Rob by his full name.

JennJenn~ It is that time of year. We had chili for supper tonight. Hope the veggie soup was tasty.

Susie~ I wouldn’t say my version of Isle Esme is untamed… just far more…descriptive than SM’s <wink>. I’ll have to remember to take a pic of the hair and post it. I didn’t think to take one yet. Hope DaughterDear’s choral performance went well. I’ve actually heard much about St Olaf’s choirs.

Raine~ I’m so sorry that your aunt passed, but glad that she is no longer suffering. Sending good thoughts your way. Yes, I really like Stephenie. Actually, we have a lot in common. The Team Edward/Rob status, is just one more check in the plus column. Granted, it’s a pretty big one. :D

Jaclyn~ Nothing major with hubs employment. No worries. Our governor here is all about privatizing many state run programs. They did so with hubs job and he had to take a bit of a pay cut. No worries on the pictures. They are actually fanpics and, clearly, Rob & Kris are posing and waving to the crowd and in no danger. Plus, I don’t’ think they share just the balcony. <wink>

Chrissy~ Good luck with the diet plan. I’ll be pulling for you. I make no excuse other than I really don't have the self control needed to do such a thing. I'm a big girl, but I'm healthy and that's what matters to me.

Dawn~ Right now, I actually do have plans to be in LA for the BD1 premiere. One of my besties lives not far from San Diego and has gone to all three premieres so far. I’m going to tag along with her. I’m beyond psyched.

Alright, now we're coming to the other side of the DST mountain and the clock says 10 but it feels like 11. Granted, not that that really matters to me. But still, I have reading. Laters.
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Love all the pics coming out of Brazil! This is especially droolworthy

Caryn
- I agree, Rob's hair does seem black, rather than Bronze in some of those pics. Kristen's got some mean hair extensions - or is it a wig?? Sounds like a fun jewelry party today. Did you buy anything?

Chrissy
- When you got dizzy in the shower, was it right after you woke up? It's fairly normal to get light headed in a hot shower if you haven't been up that long. Yes, I'm enjoying the Hunger Games trilogy. I really want to discuss it when I'm done - maybe there is a thread on the Lex for it - if not, we can request one. Healthy eating is a great idea for a lifestyle change. Good luck with all that water and all the trips to the bathroom!

Ok NOW I'm going to bed!

Nighty Night!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies!

Marielle~ Sorry your shopping trip wasn't too successful—that's kind of a bummer when you waste valuable time shopping and then can't find anything you like. How are your father and brother faring with the weather...any bad storms? A Harry Potter movie marathon would be fun, but I don't think I can manage to work it in before November 19th. My goal is to finish rereading Deathly Hallows, and maybe watch Half-Blood Prince before the movie release. Does your theater have any special festivities the night of the release?

Jaclyn~ Did you ever manage to bump into Rob and Kristen anywhere in Scotland? :D Loved the pictures your posted of Rob and Kristen on “their” balcony, (we can only hope). My little shipper heart is happy too, especially at how relaxed and carefree they looked. I also saw the one you posted of Rob driving the speedboat. I cracked up when I read the Lexicon's quote to one of those pictures. It said, “Given Rob’s previous experience with all things mechanical, we’d just like to wish them all luck.” :lol:

You're right about J.K. Rowling being such an amazing writer.... the way she has created and captured this incredible and magical universe on paper...just blows my mind. I'm like you—I actually watched the first three movies on DVD years ago, before I had read any of the books. My husband and kids (both under the age of three at the time) gave me a set of the first four books in paperback for Christmas almost eight years ago. I read the first book the following February and devoured the other three books within weeks....and the rest is history. ;) Did you read some of the books before you'd seen the movies? Who is your favorite character? Other than the trio, my absolute favorite character is Remus Lupin.

Missp~ Glad you're enjoying yourself, hon! Rbell certainly sounds like a keeper and I'm glad your family (and Bella) seem to think so too. I'm sure your party today was a smashing success and we look forward to hearing about it when you have time. You'll find your “balance” soon enough with bf, work, family, social activities, etc. Don't worry about us around the Halfway House....we miss your frequent posts, but we'll be fine. If you're happy, then we're happy! :D

Caryn~ Loved the story about your stylist....sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Do you honestly know anyone who would kick the likes of this out of bed? :lol: I'm with Susie...I'd love to see a picture of your new 'do as well. Regarding the lovely "unbuttoned" pictures of Robward: what is up with his hair...it looks a little on the short side for Edward, but especially dark. Any chance it could just be the lighting? Or maybe they're doing rehearsals or test shots and have yet to touch up or highlight his hair? :?

Susie~ You lucky girl....having such a detailed Robdream...and seeing him from behind, partially nude. Is that partially nude with underthings, or sans underthings? 8-) I'm glad you feel like you're physically and emotionally “ready” for your surgery. In my experience, many of the folks who had somewhat debilitating pain which significantly affected their quality of life before surgery (which yours seemed to do at times), find the post-operative pain fairly manageable. It's like they're already used to pain, and the post-op pain is more of a manageable discomfort. I bet the same will be true for you. ;) I'm glad you'll be able to take off a couple of days from teaching, and it seems like you've got some good non-weightbearing activities planned for your recovery time. I hope you enjoyed your church service with Daughter Dear today, as well as your time spent with Mary. Will the St. Olaf Christmas special be televised on PBS? Am I crazy, or was it televised on PBS years ago, because I'm almost positive I've watched it in the past. There is a Hunger Games thread here at the Lex, but I don't think it's been frequented by posters much lately.

Chrissy~ Your partner definitely scores bonus points for watching Twilight and recognizing the Twi-merchandise. How is your presentation going, and are you able to work together well with your classmate? Great job on the water drinking and the healthy lifestyle choices you're making. You can do it—we're cheering for you! :D

Jenn Jenn~ I'm glad you enjoyed watching Toy Story 3. Did the kids enjoy it as well? I'm sure you're excited to be seeing your family over Christmas and I, like Susie, would love to hear a bit more of your story, if you're comfortable sharing it. The veggie soup sounded like the perfect cure for the cold weather.

Ginnie~ The quote you posted to Raine was beautiful—thanks for sharing it with us.

Raine~ I'm so sorry for the loss you and your family have suffered. Please know that you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. What a beautiful service, and what a touching and wonderful way for you to share your grief together as a family, and honor your aunt's memory. ;)
I'm reminded of the fact that we just celebrated our All Saint's Day at church today. We (the choir) sang a beautiful song during the service, and there was an opportunity in the middle of the anthem for the congregation to mention out loud, the names of those “saints” who have gone before us, whether you lost them very recently, or in the distant past. The song had a lovely sort of soaring melody with a gorgeous piano accompaniment, and it was one of those anthems where you can't help but smile through your tears as you sing, if that makes any sense. It was a very moving experience, and I just wanted to share some of the words from the anthem, if nobody minds...

How tenderly comes the word of hope, found in the sacred stories,
of courage that shines in times of need, and hope that knows no ending.
Give honor and glory to the names of those who've gone before us.
Remember their hearts and minds and lives, and add our voices to the chorus.

Al-le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia!

We walk on the road and trace the steps of witnesses whose spirit,
transcending the lines of time and space, are calling us to vision.
More precious than riches are the ones who gave, and in their giving,
rejoice in a love grown deep and strong, and raise to God eternal singing.

Al-le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia!........

The neat thing is....this anthem was commissioned by and dedicated to the community of Blacksburg, Virginia, after the tragic school shootings at Virginia Tech several years ago.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

I'm with all you ladies. Rob's hair looks very dark for Edward. I'm okay with the shorter version. I mean, even Rob said he was going to be lobbying for a bit shorter, as he liked it so much after going short for RobKowski. But, yeah, the dark? Not sold, ladies. Definitely NOT sold. Tracy, you could be right in that they might be doing rehearsals and waiting on final touches. But, it's AWFULLY dark, even for that.

But, regardless, he looks downright heavenly. I'm not sure if we are rehearsing or shooting, at this point. But, if you look, you do see a ring on KrisElla's left ring finger. But, not one on RobWard's. *insert raisedeyebrow/WTF emoticon here* Either way, I'm really enjoying that there shirt. Even better than the unbuttoned, pure Rob chest flauntage, that one is definitely highlighting some verra verra nayce pectoral peekage and bicep bumpiness to be sure! *insert drooling idiot emoticon here*

Sweet mother of ALL that is holy, sisters. Do yourselves a HUGE favor and just put this little bit of beauty up on the monitor, maybe raise the zoom level to about 200% and just enjoy the gift that is that shirt. Apparently, Edward doesn't believe in undershirts and I have never been happier. If he has to be wearing a shirt, I am in full support of this one.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Oh my sweet sweet sisters... It's Christmas in November. :lol:

Apparently, dear RobWard and his beautiful KrisElla stop to listen to some street music in Rio and get a little caught up in the mood. These beauties are coming out faster than I can keep track of them.

Bask in the love, my sisters.

Although, there are lots and lots of reports that say that the action didn't stop when Bill Condon yelled cut.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Good morning ladies

Hope your all ok gosh I'm so glad to be back on the lex I had a good weekend

My football team won and our rivals lost which is fantastic and in the f1 driving my driver won which takes the championship down to next weekend fingers crossed he can do it
I also took my dog for a long walk whuch was about 5 miles long I was more tired than he was

Also I went out with my best freind we had a bite to eat and went to do a bit of shopping and then watched a dvd which was nice

Ooh and in england we have a show like american idol and my band one direction are through to next week I love them although there only 16 and 17 years old but good looking

Dawn- welcome if you ever get a chance to go to a premere you should there great fun

Jennjenn- thanks I've missed you too

Jaclyn- I think we all feel so lucky to have made great freinds on the lex

Marielle- hey I'm good how are you

Raine- I'm so sorry for your loss

Susie- its so good to be back

Right I have to go get ready for work I will check in later

Jaclyn- thanks those pics have made my heart have palpatations :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

Wow, winter has now finally won the battle… it so cold outside. The wind feels like it’s coming straight out of a freezer…

I couldn’t make it back in last night, we ordered Chinese but it can a hour and a half after we ordered, so when I finished dinner it was already time for my favorite program…

Let’s see what you girls have been up to…

Ah, you US girls have had an extra hour of sleep…I always love this turn of the clock, the only problem is that you get hungry early in the day…

Susie, nope my brothers friends are notoriously bachelors…they are really nice to hang around with, but none of them will ever have the looks to be an actor, and at that age most girls go for looks, so to boys have to wait until some girl will see how nice they really are…

Holy smokes!!! That pic you posted is hot, look at that chest!!!

Jaclyn, are the fireworks legal with the bonfire party? Here in Holland they are already starting with fireworks, but that is just the lead up to new years eve…

OMG…those pic you posted…even though they are papz pics, I’m so happy to see Rob and Kris happy together, Kris looks like she is really enjoying herself there…
And the boot, that better not be the boot for BD, the Cullens will own something a bit more luxurious…but exciting!!!!

JennJenn, actually you get used to it…most of the time with my father and brother is like, no news is good news, but with the pirates in Somalia and my brothers first Hurricane I have been thinking about them more than usually.

Raine, I’m sorry about your aunt, I hope you will recover from this blow quickly…

Chrissy, yeah, during the Christmas holidays I have time to read as well. In Holland we have a radio show that is special for the holidays, they airing the 2000 best singles ever, so music from the 30’s until now, that is the only period in the year the tv stays off…I’ll be lazing on the sofa, reading and listening to music… it’s like a little piece of heaven.

Caryn, I think Rob’s hair looks black is a trick of the light…and maybe they haven’t dyed it completely yet…I think it’s to short for Edward…

I’m not sure if those pics are from rehearsal or actual shooting…could be, but I never imagined Bella wearing something like that…her dress is supposed to be blue
And that ring, my shipper heart is praying for something else than it to be Bella’s wedding ring…(but I think you are right)

OH Dang!!!! How am I going to be able to focus on work after all those pics…pfew, I’m blushing!!

Tracy, yes, it sucks shopping whole day and not finding anything good…worst part I heard yesterday that everybody is going black-tie to the wedding I was looking for clothes for, so now I really have to find something…
The cinema I go to for HP has a midnight preview, that won’t be anything to big but the next day they have the official first regular viewing, around that they have a big party, with drinks, snacks and owls…

Hey, Ann-marie, I’m happy to hear you are okay, with me everything is perfect, specially after those pics…but I’m annoyed with fashion designers big time…shopping for 6 hours straight and not finding anything!!...I really need Alice

OH god, I'm browsing Robsessed...sweet jezus how do they expect me to function today...I can't wait to get home and have all that beauty on my computer...
I just can't believe that it is starting, and starting good as well, we already got more than we wished for...

Well, I'm going to give it a try and do some work...but I'm sure back later!!! :lol:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Afternoon folks,

Not got long to post....

Raine - I'm glad you were able to give your aunt such a beautiful send off. I think the messages idea was a really nice touch too.

Susie - Yeah I don't think the shirt looks right for Edward either in the boat pics...but it's defo a Rob thing :lol: I think they might have been practising too.
Although actually, maybe not. Cos I think Kristen looks like she dressed as Bella in the new pics? Hmm.

Chrissy - I'm sure you will be fine at your presentation :) How long do you have to speak for?

Caryn - Hahahaha I had a giggle at your post... yep I don't think they're only sharing a balcony either ;)
THANK YOU FOR THE PICS!! Wowza. That is all.

Tracy - That quote you posted from the lex about Rob driving the speedboat was hilarious!! :lol:
Unfortunately I didn't bump into Rob and Kristen here :( :lol: But we got the super cool pics from Brazil so it's all good!
I think I watched the first 2 movies before I read the HP books. I got the first 4 books for Christmas in 2003 I think. And I loved them! I then watched the other movies as they came out, and stood in line at midnight to get the next books etc. My favourite character? Hmm, I really like Hermione, but if you don;t include the 3 main ones I would probably say... Dobby :lol: I like Lupin a lot too actually... I was so sad at the end for him :(

Marielle - I can't wait till I get home neither so I can look at all these pics properly! It's starting!!! :D

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:Oh my sweet sweet sisters... It's Christmas in November. :lol:

Apparently, dear RobWard and his beautiful KrisElla stop to listen to some street music in Rio and get a little caught up in the mood. These beauties are coming out faster than I can keep track of them.

Bask in the love, my sisters.

Although, there are lots and lots of reports that say that the action didn't stop when Bill Condon yelled cut.
Caryn, Thanks so much for posting the lovely pics. But you're killing me! I can't believe I see these when I have to get the kids up and herd them off to school and myself to work by 7:30 am, today. :shock: Wish I could call in sick. ;)
They look adorable together, as always. Not that I really mind, but did the book mention Edward and Bella carousing in Rio during their honeymoon, or staying mostly close to the house? If I were on my honeymoon with Robward, I'd vote for not leaving the house, or beach....ever. 8-) :lol:

It is nice to see Edward and Bella frolicking about with the locals. The dress looks great on Bella, although it looks more like something Kristen would wear. Are we to assume this outfit is part of the clothes packed (and repacked) by Alice? Because we know it would be out of character for Bella not to grumble about wearing that ensemble, and especially those heels. I bet Alice threw away Bella's converse tennis shoes just before the honeymoon. :lol:

Have a great day ladies!
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

*dances in singing* Oohhh what a beautiful mooorrning! Ooohhh what a beautiful daaaayyy. :lol: Oh, girls!! I just can't contain the joy this morning. I'm just floating on cloud 9 on this lovely Monday morning!! Clearly, I was up until very early this morning monitoring all the pictures being released from Rio. There are vids too, posted on the main Lex blog. Supposedly, there's even a vid of Rob dancing the Samba!! Oh now THAT is a sight I need to see.

The Latest Breaking Dawn Scene~ By reports, this is an added scene. Apparently, Edward & Bella, on the way to the marina to board the boat to the island, come across a street festival and just jump out to revel in the atmosphere. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for cheezy romanticism. But, this one does seem just a bit over the top. My issue is that it just seems a bit Out of Character for one Mrs Isabella Marie Cullen nee Swan to openly, voluntarily and joyfully join what is essentially a moving dance party while wearing 4 inch heels. Now, the argument has been made that this is their way of showing Bella's beginning of demonstrating her strength and coming into her own. But, I don't necessarily agree. She doesn't become a different person. She doesn't change who she is. And, the Bella we know and love, the Bella who thought going to prom was akin to torture... I just don't see it. Although, I have to say, seeing the version of Edward that breaks through all her cynicism and gets her to start opening up to these joyous experiences... that definitely has me giddy. As ever, though, I'm doing my best to reserve judgement until such time as I see the full film.

Other News from BD~ Look closely at Edward's left hand. There is no wedding ring. WTF!?!?!? THIS is definitely NOT a decision I agree with AT ALL. How the hell can they not have Edward wearing his wedding ring. People were asking about the cuff. I could give a flying rat's butt less about the cuff. Yes, I love the cuff, but it's not necessarily wedding appropriate. But, HIS WEDDING RING!!!! Memo to Bill Condon; You are already on thin ice with the hair color. But, that I might be able to accept. Edward's wedding ring is a non-negotiable. DO NOT start out this way sir. Your stock will plummet quickly.

Tracy~ Enjoy what you can now. I have a feeling that, once filming moves indoors, we are going to be scrounging for every visual scrap we can. *sigh* Right now, I'm awaiting the video of Rob. That's what I'm willing to incur the wrath of my boss over at the moment.

Marielle~ This was an actual shoot. There were all sorts of fans surrounding the sets, and many extras have been tweeting and posting and everything else. It's been a fantastic night. Well worth the tiredness and droopy eyelids this morning.

AnnMarie~ Sounds like it was a day of win for you. Glad to hear it.

Argh!! Damn scruples. My favorite pic of the night is one I can't share!! After the crazy died down and the cameras were all packed up, just Rob & Kristen, walking hand in hand, away from the set. *sigh* Why do I adore them so much?

But, as I can't share that one, I suppose this one will just HAVE to do. Don't get me wrong, I love all the kissing. But, this one... there's just such... intimacy and happiness there. Good gods I love that shirt!!
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty