How do you talk?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: How do you talk?

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

I'm from New Hampshire, I say Hampsher not Hampshire. I don't really have that Boston accent (I live like a couple hours away from there). But I do say "wicked" a lot when I talk about things that really excite me. I've kind of stayed down South for a few weeks at my grandparents house, so I picked up a little southern accent, from copying people. I do that alot, copy people's accents, so I really don't know what I sound like.

Haha. Oh, and I don't say wicked hahd. Only when I'm making fun of the accent.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
xvampiresxbitex
Settled in Forks

Post by xvampiresxbitex »

well i would like to think that i dont have a texan accent but i hear it everyday so maybe im just so used to it i dont even notice. i dont think i do. um.... so maybe i just talk normal with some southern dialect. (i say "ya'll and we call multiple soft drinks coke, even if they are not coke)

i really like british accents though
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I'm from texas so I have a very southern type of accent not a total hick but there are words that come out like I was a hillbilly. But I'm ok with that I LOVE australian accents and then Russian ones as well...
I agree with Pel new yorks accents annoy me So much, i can hardly understand what they are saying. Lol.
ferita
Settled in Forks

Post by ferita »

i live in texas so i know i have a little acent but i can't really hear it that much, but ever once in a while i can totally hear it and its halriouse!! like is a big one i some how draw it out and get an a in it. its allways great fun to make fun of someone when they do it, it happens to all of my friends ever once in a while. its sooo funny
Is it weird that it still surpries me every time I open one of my stephenie meyer books to find it signed even thought I was there when it happened?
catieolacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by catieolacullen »

I guess I talk normally? Haha I don't really know. I talk like most normal Pennsylvanians. Except people tell me I say orange weird. I say it more like or- aange. I say the A like when you're singing the alphabet. Long a. Haha. I also say vase like vaaz. Haha. Uhh. Hmm.. I probably say some other words differently. It's just how I speak. My parents used to always tell me how to say orange and I guess it just didn't register? Hah. And I water as waaaah tehr. Haha. Uhh... Yeah :)
La tua cantante...
HATE SPINNERBAIT!
Is anyone else here a Sarah Dessen fan, also?
Macy!
Learning to Love Green

Post by Macy! »

I live in the South, but I have a standard American accent.
I don't talk like a Southerner unless I'm around one of my friends, who speaks reallyyyy Southern. :P
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

I from Texas but I don't really have a thick southern accent or a southern accent for that matter. I do have a few slip ups but thats about it. I took a quiz online and it said I had a North American accent. I guess it would take someone from another state or country to tell me what accent I have.
iloveawerewolf...
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveawerewolf... »

I'm from Minnesota.
Compared to others..I have an small accent. Like I say long o's. Instead of Minnesota, I say Minnesoooota. And I do say uff-da, don't cha know..and at points in my life I have had spoke with a thick Minnesota accent. LOL.
But one time I went to Flordia and I sounded completely different than all the people I met. It was quite weird, especially since it was my first time in the south. :D
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BeautifulVeins »

I'm from New Zealand and I'm moving to America next year, I've heard that sometimes people in the U.S find it kinda difficult to understand us.....so I'm a little worried about that. :shock:

I think Australians and New Zealanders have really unique words and sayings, does anyone no what 'munted' means? I'm not sure if we just say that here and no where else.
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

^^^^SQUEEEE!!!
IM FROM NZ TOOOOOOO!!

lol anyway
i talk super fast--people often have trouble under standing me if im excited for any reason
lol i know what munted means..i bet its a kiwi thing