Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

pyro

Post by pyrosis »

Hey,
my name or rather nick is pyrosis. In other forums they call me pyro or py for the very lazy ones :D
Originally I am from Germany but live in Scotland(perfect Cullen weather!!!) since about a year, so please excuse me if my English isn't that perfect it's just not my first language and writing is always harder than speaking for me.

I discovered twilight randomly by typing the word "vampire" into a movie website and they mentioned twilight, so I thought.. okay, let's give it a try. And at first I was not really convinced about the whole thing as I have been interested in vampires and other immortal myths/stories before and didn't like the way Stephenie made them sparkle and walk in the sunlight... But I thought "at least the actors are good looking" :roll: and the movie didn't leave my mind completly... That must have been sometime in spring 2009.
Then I moved to Scotland and the people I lived with really loved twilight and were very excited about "New Moon" and again I thought... what's the fuzz all about? And then I watched it and got attached somehow and watched the first one again. So I thought, "okay, the movies are nice, they are based on a book, so let's see what's the book like". Luckily I found the first one on a bookshelf in a hostel and stole it(they are okay with that, I brought another book in exchange, and the manager is a friend of mine anyways, so no dramas there). I went on a weekend trip to Berlin and by the end of the weekend I had read the whole book, although I did see and so a lot of other things in those 2 or 3 days. So back home in Edinburgh I went to the next bookshop to buy the rest of the saga.

Now I am completly addiceted and it is very hard for me to put the books aside and do something else than reading them, although I almost know them by heart already.

I can't clearly say what fascinates me so much. It is probarbly a combination of a few things. One thing is probarbly the idea of immortality and that Bella actually has a chance to chose that... the thought of dying is very hard for me to accept and I wish there was a chance for me too. And as much as I don't like to admit it, because I don't want to belive in "true love" and that there is "the one" out there waiting for you to find him/her, I like the romantic and all that in the story. And I really like that it has a lot of funny moment, especially in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I keep laughing about Emmet over and over again.
I think he is one of my favourite charakters, so is Alice. And of course I love the main characters althouth they all have moments where I'd love to slap them in the face and say: HELLOOOOO?! What do you think you're doing? IDIOT! :lol:
But I guess we all have those moments every now and again. And if they wouldn't be doing what they are doing it wouldn't be the story we all love...

So, that's me so far. If you have any questions, if there's anything you didn't understand becaus I wrote crap, ask me, let know... pyro
You know, Edward, as a brother you are sometimes a dissappointment

Oh, never mind! my less noble side exulted

Then the jokes about the world's only clumsy vampire would start

'Bout time someone scored around here
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: pyro

Post by Jestak »

Hi pyrosis, welcome to the forum. So you live in Scotland--cool! My ancestry is Scottish on my dad's side. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pyrosis »

Hey,
thank you for welcoming me. Jestak do you know what part of Scotland your ancestors are from? Maybe I've been there. :)

I just had a look at the instructions how to introduce yourself and saw that I missed a couple of things. I chose this nick a couple of years ago. I was just looking for something that sounded cool in my ears but then I also liked the meaning (heart burn), because it is not something nice and girly. Because I think I am not the average woman. I have a big mouth, do what I want and not what people expect me to do, I've always been a little rebel. So I am a pain for some people :mrgreen:

My hobbies. Because I live in the Scottish Highlands and due to the weather I stopped all my outdoor activities like hiking and herbalism (well not so much herbalism, but the woods here are rich in natural food and I often go out to pick berries, ramsons, mint....)
Of course I love music. I listen to lot's of stuff from Janis Joplin to the Prodigy. I also play a little guitar and love to sing (sometimes even earn a little money with it).
And you could probarbly call me a movie nerd. Although there are still hundrets of movies still waiting to be discoverd. In 2006/2007 I worked in a community TV channel and did a lot of media education with children and teenagers but also taught social work students etc... Unfortunatly I don't have access to proper cameras and computers anymore otherwise I would keep making movies.
And at the moment my biggest "hobby" is my thesis which are due in February....

So, I hope I covered everything this time... if not, just ask
You know, Edward, as a brother you are sometimes a dissappointment

Oh, never mind! my less noble side exulted

Then the jokes about the world's only clumsy vampire would start

'Bout time someone scored around here
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hey. Welcome to the lex!

If you would like come join us on the Team Alice and Team Emmett threads.

See you around the boards.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the boards...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Welcome to the Lex, Pyro!!!

If you are a RPatz fan, come on over to Rob's Halfway House, a social thread with "older fans", one of which lives very near Edinburgh! I live in the U.S., but last summer, I actually traveled to Scotland and met her!! She's lovely!