Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

21Twilight21 wrote:^ Hello! I haven't read the Vampire Diaries books even though I love the show so I don't know much about that, but the Vampire Academy series is really good! When my friend first told me about it, I wasn't that interested, but I started reading the first book anyways! I'm glad I did because I love the books! I would highly recommend them :) the story is great!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
I like the VD show better than the books. I think my problem with the books is the author's writing style I always found myself bored and my mind would wonder. Also one minute the character would be somewhere and the next thing they would be somewhere else with out any description how. Thanks for telling me it is really good and you highly recommend it. I will check it out at my local library. Thanks.
Banner by TammyAZ
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hello, everyone. I'm Chrissy for those who don't know.

So, I'm new to the series. The lovely ladies of the T(w)een Thread recommended it.

Page 10......IN LOVE! :D

I started the book while doing laundry today, but, sadly I wasn't able to get far.
I had a question though. I've come across 2 terms and I want to make sure I'm pronouncing them correctly. The first was "Dhampir" (sorry if it's a spelling error), is it pronounced like dam-peer? The second is "Moroi" I believe. Is this one said like mo-royee or something like that? Lol.

Anyways, I'm back to reading it now and I can't wait to talk about it more with you guys once I'm finished.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:I like the VD show better than the books. I think my problem with the books is the author's writing style I always found myself bored and my mind would wonder. Also one minute the character would be somewhere and the next thing they would be somewhere else with out any description how. Thanks for telling me it is really good and you highly recommend it. I will check it out at my local library. Thanks.
Ooh ok I can understand why you didn't like TVD books!
Your welcome! :) I hope you love the books as much as we do and come back to talk about them lol!

Chrissy~ Hey!! :D I'm glad to hear you're reading VA! It's hard not to fall in love while reading it haha!
I've always wondered how to pronounce those words too! Hopefully someone else can help us out with that, but I've always pronounced Moroi as more-eye :lol: and dhmapir as dam-pie-ur! I have no idea what the correct way to say those are though ;)!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hey Kymmii, I think that Strigoi is pronounced like stri-go-ee so I've been pronouncing Moroi as mo-roy-ee. Lol.

I know I'm not as far into the series like most of you seein that I'm still on the first book. But, I want to know if some of you are thinking as I am.

Although I haven't seen much intense one on one action between Rose and Lissa, I'm getting the feeling that Lissa is really child-like. I'm not sure why and I know I need to read more but it's like every time that they talk and with Rose experiencing her feelings, Lissa is extra dependent on Rose. Granted, I know that Rose is her guardian and all. I'm sorry, I'm not very good with words.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Chrissy~ You're probably right about the pronunciations!
I just started the books not too long ago so don't worry about being on the first book! I read through all six as quickly as I could so that's the only reason I'm caught up with everyone else!
I agree with you! I always seen Lissa as very Rose-dependent! To me Lissa seems younger than Rose because she needs Rose so much!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Yes, Kym! That's exactly what I was trying to say. the way they talk just makes Lissa seem so much younger than Rose. I haven't gotten much further, I'm on the part where they find a dead fox on Lissa's bed. And even in this specific scene, she doesn't seem willing to fight back or find out who did it. She's literally leaning on Rose for the next step. I don't like it.
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Yeah Lissa is very dependent on other people! She's not the type of person to fight battles! I didn't like the way she was always depending on Rose! Keep reading though so we can keep talking about it lol :)!

I don't remember if I've told you this, but I love your avi and banner :D! Country Strong isn't playing in my theater :(!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I just started some new classes for my spring semester so I'm reading more school material than personal reading. I'm a little more than 80% through with the first book and I am completely in love. I like the authors writing style and how she's not afraid to let Rose's personality come though exactly the way she is. I appreciate no sugar coating. Lol. I like the butterflies between Rose & Dimitri. I'm trying to picture him but I can't. He's impossibly tall! Lol.

How do you feel about Christian? I think I really like him. Not because he carries the whole "misunderstood-misplaced-teenage-underdog" title. I think he's a really sweet dude. I like characters who aren't afraid to have an actual personality complete with snide remarks for every joke. Lol. I think this is why I like Rose.

I think I'm starting to like Lissa a bit more now. I'm worried about her. The convulsion thing is messing with her head. I'll admit though, I liked the little dark side she had going on at first. I'm a sucker for a good revenge plot. Especially toward those like Mia.....Ugh, Mia. Just the name makes me wanna punch a wall.

Thank you, Kym. I've been a GH fan for years. I'm so glad he's getting all of the recognition he is now for his new projects. he's so talented! Have you seen Four Brothers? It's my favorite. I think one of his best performances was in Death sentence. I haven't gotten to see CS yet either. :( Why isn't it playing for you?

EDIT: Should I put what I said in the invisible tags? I know most of everyone is beyond the first book but I don't want to spoil it for new commers.

EDIT 2: Just finished "Vampire Academy"...frikkin' LOVED it! Moving on to "Frostbite". Goofy smile in place. :D Ugh! I have never wanted to punch someone in the face so bad like the way I wanted to punch Natalie. :evil:
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Chrissy~Ooh ok that's understandable!
Lol yes it's easier to fall in love with it lol! I like the writing style too! The way Rose does and says what she wants is perfect! I love how rebellious she is! Aww good ol' Dimitri :D lol! I can't really picture him either well I kinda can, but it's not something I could describe lol! Yes he is tall!
Haha yes I like Christian too! He's not afraid to say what he thinks either! He's funny and he's a sweet guy too, but he's just misunderstood! When I first read about him, I didn't trust him much, but he quickly grew on me lol!
Yeah it's like that with Lissa lol! Haha revenge plot :lol:! Yeah it's a crazy thing with the dark side so it's scary! Lol do you have a bad experience with a Mia or do you just not like the name?? Lol!
Your welcome! Omg I soo didn't know he's the brother on Four Brothers!! I love that movie :D! I can't believe I didn't notice that was him! I nearly cried when he got shot outside! I got the chills whenever the guy turned around with the mask and then he got shot :(! I haven't seen Death Sentence, but I'll have to watch it :)! I have no idea, but my movie theater isn't playing it yet! Hopefully soon they'll show it!
No I think it will be fine without the invisible tag!
Lol yay I'm so glad you loved it!! I was soo excited to read Frostbite! I wanted to punch her too so you're not alone lol!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I just finished Frostbite. AMAZING! I'm moving on to the next one. Shadow Kiss I believe.

Kymmii: I'm liking Mia just a little bit more now. JUST A LITTLE. I'm so hurt about what happened to Mason. He was a nice one. And Adrian, the dream stalking thing is kinda cool. I would like to see more of Janine. i think they'd understand each other more of they let themselves have a good chance at communicating more. Even though Janine is constantly on duty, that doesn't mean she doesn't know what a telephone is. I effin' love Rose.