Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

MRK wrote:Ninna~lol...what if she was all about Jacob, would you feel different ;) LOL...I get what you mean though! Its really funny, but I still see the characters as the ones I did when I first read the book (which are NOTHING like the ones in the movie...Edward is MUCH hotter BTW!)!
That's a bit of my point... She misses the big picture, because she only reads what fits her fantasy, and I would feel the same if she was doing it with Taylor/Jacob. I would be fine if she'd be all about Edward, wishing he'd come sit by her bed or bite her bedpost, Carlisle knows I'm pretty used to that by now ;) but she actually writes stuff out on FB that she wishes "Edward" would do to her, that I can assure you Bella wouldn't be able to make him do no matter what her bargain was. She's not talking about Edward, she's talking about RPattz, or maybe WA-blackward, but not Edward from the books.

Now I'm debating whether to just hang the laundry and go to bed, or hang the laundry and watch the episode of bones they're showing and then go to bed. It's just before 9pm, but I'm really, really tired.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Ninna~Have you introduced her to WA??
I so love Bones! Watch it, watch it!

Also~Sonia if you're lurking~ *BIG HUGS* We're all thinking of ya!! *muah*
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Hey Lexily
Sorry I have been MIA.
Tuesday I was getting ready to go to school and my chest got soo heavy that I couldn't even breath half the day. I was able to get through to the end of the day and I was starting to feel a little bit better. When I got home though I kind of just fell on my couch and couldn't move. That night I had a 102 fever and I was miserable. Wednesday I still felt terrible and my fever didn't go down at all. At one point Greg had to put me in the shower to cool off. So he took me to the doctor and he prescribed me a Zpack. I have been laying on my couch ever since. It's been a very long week. So that's where I have been the past couple of days. I feel a lot better but I still have a killer cough.

But that's all that has been going on with me. I have watched more episodes of The Office and Brothers & Sisters than I can count LOL!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Ninna, that just sucks. This way you cant talk to her about the books, the characters and all that, because shes not a wihard shes an Rpatz fan. Let ehr wathc Harry Potter instead.
But we are still here for your twihard talks, so thats atleast something :)

I thought i was feelin g a bit better. went to work on saturday didnt feel really sick, but not better either. had a weird headache and didnt eat much because of my stomach. Went to bed early, got up in the morning to have 4 long visits with my toiletbowl. Still went to my parents. went well , was a lovely day....untill about 7 or 8 o clock and i felt MISERABLE. My stomach was cramping and i went 10 times to the bathroom. At one point i almost threw up, but later i let a lill burp so that was probably it(i cant burp on my own violation).
So today..im miserable again and had to call in sick :(

also its our 2,5 yr weddinganniversary today :P

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

thanks for the understanding.
I have not pointed her towards WA, but that is not a bad idea. Is it still up? I know there was talk about her removing it, changing the names and having it published, since the story or characters really don't have just about anything twilight =)
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Good morning Lexily!
I woke up really early this morning so I thought I post something since I haven't in a few days.

I am feeling much better!! I hate being sick and that was the worst sickness I have ever had!! I didn't get called to substitute today so I am going to my other job since I desperately need the money.

I really hate how everything is soooo expensive!

Tomorrow Greg and I are going to go finish our wedding registry at Bed Bath and Beyond and Macys. We are also going to go see Black Swan. I haven't seen a movie in the theater since Inception so I am pretty happy about that.

Sunday is my first makeup trial for the wedding. I am still unsure of what I really want. Does anyone have any ideas? My dress gives off a vintage, classic look. It is all lace with beading. Just to give you an idea. I thought since the dress doesn't have a lot of "bling" that I would do heavy eye makeup... Thoughts??

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

maybe go for a classic makeup look? neutral browns, black eyeliner, soft red or pink lipstick

Si'ds home sick now aswell..so we missed the lecture on the highschool we wanted to check out for merlijn. Hopefully sid can still go tomorrow when they have a ''walk-in day'' not sure how they call it in english.

I have to work tomorrow, so hopefully my stomach will behave by then, but since ive been living on tea and soup mostly, im not having a lot of energy yet.

ive been contacted by a chinese webshop if i want to review some nailart. Really friendly people and after i picked some stuff (for free up to 20usd) they mailed me that it will be shipped today already. could be 4 weeks till its here though, hahaha.
still, its really nice of them to give me the opportunity and im curious about their products. I picked some nail art brushes, some makeupbrushes in a cute butterfly wrap(if they're good im going to give them to my mom, who loves butterflies and doesnt own brushes yet), some fake lashes and special glue(also used for double eyelids) and some nailart stones with glue. :)
I'll be posting reviews when Ive received and used them all, so keep looking at the blog for those.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

Jasmine, I think the friend is doing either one of two things: They are dealing with some shoot that makes them forget about everyone else; or they are being passive aggressive and seeing if you respond to the lack of contact from them. I'd suggest sending them one very brief message if you still want any contact, and see what comes of it.

TRMW - regarding your dream - it's interesting to note that you are dreaming of intimacy after talking about being surrounded by friends who are great, but not everything you need. Can you see the meaning from that comment yourself? It's very common to have dreams of people without faces - the face is very symbolic, and in dreams can represent a lot of things (not always the real bearer of said face, though - it's all very psychological). No face is usually a generalist way of getting the message across. It'll be interesting to see if a face develops over time. . . .
by Wingtear » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:26 am

thanks for the understanding.
I have not pointed her towards WA, but that is not a bad idea. Is it still up? I know there was talk about her removing it, changing the names and having it published, since the story or characters really don't have just about anything twilight =)
She is definately publishing it. The PDF copy of the story that I made was available on my website (without a link) but she found it via google and asked me to remove it since she was getting it published, and she originally thought I was trying to claim it was mine or something. She was pretty cool about it when I explained I was just making sure it got out to more people.

I still have the pdf version (which is large) - I can email you a download link if you like . . . . .

As for everyone being sick - my two offspring have been this last week as well (sequentially of course - can't manage to coordinate vomiting to reduce the impact, no that'd be too convenient).

I especially enjoyed the chocolate cake re-appearing, all over my carpet. And not being told about it for an hour or so . . . . . .
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

pharmer4 wrote:
changing the names and having it published, since the story or characters really don't have just about anything twilight =)
She is definately publishing it. The PDF copy of the story that I made was available on my website (without a link) but she found it via google and asked me to remove it since she was getting it published, and she originally thought I was trying to claim it was mine or something. She was pretty cool about it when I explained I was just making sure it got out to more people.
Wow...I had no idea she was trying to publish it...and honestly, if she un-Twilights it I really don't know if I would have ever read it. The whole thrill of it was that Bella and Edward got a chance to get a little dark. It was just interesting to see where she went with the characters. Hmmm...she would really have to change a ton so she doesnt get sued...places names...etc.

Sorry about the kiddos Pharmer...I totally know how much that sucks!

Obs~Keeping my fingers crossed that your house sells...we are debating on what to do with ours also...

Ninna~was re-reading your fanfic the last couple of nights and I saw a "shim" reference and it made me wanna cry...I had almost forgotten about "Shim"!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

MRK wrote: Obs~Keeping my fingers crossed that your house sells...we are debating on what to do with ours also...

Ninna~was re-reading your fanfic the last couple of nights and I saw a "shim" reference and it made me wanna cry...I had almost forgotten about "Shim"!
I feel so bad for those of you that have to think about that :(
I mean, I really disliked fueling the car today, 46 liters (12.2gallons) cost me 70€ (95.3$) and I really hate to fuel it when he prices are this ridiculous! They've been steady at this level for over a month now, no sign of going back to more healthy levels. Usually I don't care, I just stop taking the car, but since D's away, I have to, because daycare opens 30 minutes before I begin working. Until the ice melts of the bicycle roads, I have no chance of making it in time without the car :(

Misty, how could you? :shock:

Pharmer, I read on her FF.net page yesterday that she was not going to publish it, she was sick and tired of it, and she didn't care who pushed it, just hoped they would give her credit, and if they didn't she felt pretty sure more people knew WA was hers than not, so those people would probably be told off by someone sooner or later.
I can sort of understand that. Still it's a shame. I wasn't all that found of WA, just like Misty I enjoyed the darkness of the twilight cast, and was curious as to where she would take them. Had it been a independent story I'm pretty sure I had never read it, but oh, no harm done :)

Now I'm gonna finish up on my re-reading of my own fanfic's, so that I know my facts when I try to finish one that's been left hanging.