Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Post by Amanda Beth »

I think it's more than fine that other fics get recommended...I just don't think judging an entire type of fanfic because of a handful of bad ones is very fair.
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

I just wanted to say something about the "naughty" comment about the fanfic discussion board. Unfortunately, it's the naughty ones that get discussed. In my opinion it's mostly because of the "shock factor". EP, WA, CW&IA, MOTU all had that, which is why people talk about them. There are lots of smaller fics, non-naughty fics, that get discussed... but usually only for a few posts. Unfortunately, there are just way too many fics in the Twilight world for everyone to be reading everything. Oh, and FYI- along with OpenHome, AmandaBeth, Ringswraith and I have all written "naughty"-free stories if your looking for more to read. *wink, wink--hint, hint* ;)

On the whole of fanfiction recommendations- I just discovered a retired fanfic author, Minisinoo, who wrote in Harry Potter and X-men before she came over to Twilight for a bit. I don't care for her Twilight works nearly as much as her novel length HP fics. AMAZING! Check out Minisnoo's FF profile for some of her archived stories and there is a link to her Ebook site there as well, which contains more of her work. (Check ratings though as not all are rated T, some are M.)

For a safe, but powerful Twilight fanfic by Minisnoo try: This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I Am Well Pleased. Pre-Twilight, Rated K+, Carlisle & Edward.
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it does have to do with fanfiction lol! I was curious if anyone knows about any stories like about arranged marriages? I've read http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3943680/1/ and I loved it, but I'm wanting something new! Last night before I went to bed I was thinking about this spanish soap opera that I watched a couple of years ago and it gave me an idea for a Twilight themed story! I'm not a writer so I can't write it lol, but I was curious to see if there is a story like it!

The soap opera was about an upperclass girl named Matilde who was in love with a soldier named Adolfo. Adolfo was very poor and her family didn't want her to get married to someone below her class, so her mother and brother have Adolfo sent off to prison and they make Matilde believe that he was married and had kids. Since the family was going bankrupt they wanted her to marry someone rich and a young man named Manuel showed up in town so he was the perfect guy. Manuel wanted to marry Matilde so her family forced her to get married to him. She moved away to live with him on his estate, but later Adolfo escaped from prison and went to the estate pretending to be someone else so he could live there with her then runaway with her. Whenever he tried to get Matilde to leave, she said she couldn't go with him because she fell in love with Manuel.

It seemed like a great story that could involve Bella, Edward, and Jacob! I know a fanfic probably couldn't be that specific, but I thought it would be awesome to see Bella having an arranged marriage to Edward and falling in love with him even though she first loved Jacob!

Are there any fanfics similiar to that? Or is anyone interested in writing a fanfic like that??
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi Everyone It is probably and oldie but good I am reading Tropic of Virgo. So far I like it but then there has been very few that I haven't liked.
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

21Twilight21 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it does have to do with fanfiction lol! I was curious if anyone knows about any stories like about arranged marriages?
I don't know if you like Harry Potter, but I know a good story about the arranged marraige between Narcissa and Lucius, (Draco's parents)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6530861/1/M ... issa_Black
It's not finished but regularly updated and really good so far.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

^Thanks :)! I'll definitely be checking the story out!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

I'd like to recommend an almost finished All-Human story to you guys & gals. If you liked Wide Awake and/or Clipped Wings & Inked Armor, and/or Tropic of Virgo, you'll most likely love this one. 8-)

Title: Tattoos Like Mile Markers
Author: casket4mytears
Rating: MA
Summary:
  • Bella Swan attends group therapy to placate her worried father, remaining mute about the events that led to her suicide attempt. Mesmerized by the sullen, silent stranger who enters five minutes late each session, she is shocked into action the day he finally speaks up, her pierced tongue forming words aloud for once...

Edward Cullen obliges his father and sees his colleague, Dr. Jones, for individual and group therapy after his near-demise - the physical one, that is. For Edward knows that inside, he's already dead, destroyed by the painful memories he commemorates with tattoos like mile markers...

Two damaged souls who speak the same language come together by chance. But can the damaged save each other in the wake of revelations to come?

This story's first chapter began as a finalist for the Tattward/Inkella one-shot contest, and is rated NC-17 for language, lemons and disturbing themes/imagery including suicide attempts, substance abuse, self-harm and graphic scenes of violence. It deals heavily with issues of mental illness and healing; please read with care.

Canon pairings, AU-AH, somewhat OOC.

~Ginnie's Review:
So some of you may be confused by why I'm recommending this story based on the summary. And I will admit, it's not my usual fanfiction fare. I've openly stated that I did not enjoy Wide Awake (AG- if you see this, I'm sorry & I love you. :oops: ) as I do not care for dark, depressing, and pain-filled hours while reading. However, Tattoos Like Mile Markers, while dark, spoke to me in a way that WA never did. It isn't just dark for the sake of being dark. There is purpose in the journey. There is a message that is relayed in a way that I personally haven't experienced often in fanfiction. If you've ever struggled with mental illness or know someone who has, you know it's never an easy road but there is hope. You have a future. I find that this writer really gets that and does an incredible job of relaying it from chapter to chapter... even in the thick of the angst. For me, this story blended all of my favorite elements of some of the great stories that have come before it without becoming a poor impression or trying to one-up them. There is a taste of our beloved pieced and tatted characters from CW&IA in the early chapters, you get a healthy dose of WA quality tragedy, and last but by no means least, the music that Bella and Edward share and communicate through reminds me a little of Tropic of Virgo. Like I said, if you liked those stories, you really should give this one a try. In her last author's note, casket4mytears stated that she wanted this story to reach people and educate them on mental illness as well as spread empathy and understanding. I think she's done a beautiful job and I am highly anticipating the conclusion.

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Has anyone been reading Ace of Spades by m81170?? The story is incredible, and she updates every day until it is done. Link is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6669028/3/#
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I have a couple to reccomend:

The Wedding Party
Summary:The perfect person appears at the worst possible moment, and one unforgettable encounter changes everything. AH
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 33 - Words: 203,675 - Reviews: 8330 - Updated: 11-3-10 - Published: 4-1-10 - Bella & Edward - Complete

A Rough Start
Summary:Overnight irresponsible Edward goes from bachelor to father of a 5 yr old. Meanwhile responsible, prepared Bella begins her first job as Kindergarten teacher at Forks Elementary. When irresponsible meets the epitome of responsible, sparks will fly!
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 35 - Words: 219,518 - Reviews: 18370 - Updated: 1-26-11 - Published: 8-20-09 - Bella & Edward

These are yes, AH stories and that seems to be my trend as of late. FANTASTIC stories these two are. Semi-Angsty(well, to me. To others they might be more angsty)
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town

Post by newborntwifan »

Okay, so maybe I'm a little bit of a prude, :oops: but...

I'm looking for some fanfic that's not too smutty and dark. Don't get me wrong, I like romance and I'm all for a little steam now and then, but I'd rather read about the characters I came to love in the saga, not just Twilight characters "in name only" as someone said earlier in this thread. I'm not a big fan of BD, so I've been looking for stories that bring the saga different closure for me. I've read "Only Human", "Green Eyes", "A Change of Heart", and "Atlas Shrugged", all of which I would recommend to others (especially OH and AS).

Anyone have anything they could recommend? There's so much out there that I'd rather take someone's recommendation than read something based on a sentence-or-two summary, and honestly, I'm lucky to find the time to read now and then let alone spend hours searching for something that may or may not be any good. I'm thinking of reading "Life After Forks" by Amanda Beth next (even though I'm not wild about BD), considering its recommendations on this thread...

P.S. -- If anyone wants the links to the stories I've recommended above, you can PM me, but I've found all of them through links earlier on this thread.

Also, I did read Virginia May's post above about some not-so-naughty authors and I will be sure to check those out!