Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Jessica Stanley

Post by Amivera »

Destani wrote:I haven't read the Midnight Sun draft so I don't have that to go on, but I did read the first chapter a while ago. I really wasn't expecting Jessica to have such hateful thoughts about Bella. Based on Twilight, where I guess I was seeing things through Bella's perception, I knew Jessica was jealous and gossipy and sort of used Bella at times, but I didn't realize how deep that went.

In New Moon, I was a little miffed at Jessica for being mad at Bella after all she had been through, but I realized that Jessica had no concept of the connection between Bella and Edward. I understood that she would have seen it as the end of a typical high school romance, something to be sad about, maybe even depressed, but Bella's reaction must have seemed over the top.

So when I read the harsh thoughts going through Jessica's mind on that very first day, I was a bit shocked.
Exactly how I felt. :D
glstewart wrote: You're spot-on right -- we'll all just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Cheers to that!
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

catie wrote:Were you guys shocked by the fact that Jessica (as revealed in the first chapter of Midnight Sun) wasn't a huge fan of Bella from the start, or did you all think that she was using Bella from the beginning anyway.

Personally, I was shocked, because I thought that she really did like her - although slightly jealous of Mike's interest in her. I thought that she only went off Bella because she retreated into her shell after Edward left.

Anyway, I was just wondering what you guys thought.
that's what i thought as well, she's an absolute dog if you ask me
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Twilightlover101 wrote: that's what i thought as well, she's an absolute dog if you ask me
What kind of dog? I don't like chihuahuas, so I hope she's not one of those pesky little rats. ^.^
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Reposted from Mike Newton board
glstewart wrote:I'm with you, HOFJ. Mike does have a right to his impure thoughts, it's not like he knows Edward is in on them, and he was never outwardly disrespectful to Bella. As long as he's polite and his thoughts aren't actually hurtful, he can think whatever he wants.
To Edward, Mike's "I wanna smack that" thoughts are hurtful. To us, Jessica's "I wanna kill that" thoughts are hurtful.

Woohoo! Point made, right? :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

Amivera wrote:Reposted from Mike Newton board
glstewart wrote:I'm with you, HOFJ. Mike does have a right to his impure thoughts, it's not like he knows Edward is in on them, and he was never outwardly disrespectful to Bella. As long as he's polite and his thoughts aren't actually hurtful, he can think whatever he wants.
To Edward, Mike's "I wanna smack that" thoughts are hurtful. To us, Jessica's "I wanna kill that" thoughts are hurtful.

Woohoo! Point made, right? :D

Umm...sorry, but I don't know how to repost. My response to that is on the Mike Newton thread.
I Want to Believe
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

jessica stanley = MEAN!! mean! mean! mean! grrrrrr she makes me mad. i thought she was nice in twilight, but when i read midnight sun.... ARGHHHH!! what a... what a.... ARGHH!!!
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

ilovetwilight wrote:jessica stanley = MEAN!! mean! mean! mean! grrrrrr she makes me mad. i thought she was nice in twilight, but when i read midnight sun.... ARGHHHH!! what a... what a.... ARGHH!!!

Why didn't I think of that?! ilovetwilight, you're a genius! Jessica is mean, mean, mean on the inside and all friendly, sugar and roses on the outside, which makes her a HYPOCRITE. Mike is a lustful horn-dog on the inside, but being Bella's friend in public doesn't make him a hypocrite. If there is one thing I HATE, it's a hypocrite.
I Want to Believe
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

glstewart wrote: Why didn't I think of that?! ilovetwilight, you're a genius! Jessica is mean, mean, mean on the inside and all friendly, sugar and roses on the outside, which makes her a HYPOCRITE. Mike is a lustful horn-dog on the inside, but being Bella's friend in public doesn't make him a hypocrite. If there is one thing I HATE, it's a hypocrite.
I think that sums it up nicely!
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

moon sidhe wrote:
glstewart wrote: Why didn't I think of that?! ilovetwilight, you're a genius! Jessica is mean, mean, mean on the inside and all friendly, sugar and roses on the outside, which makes her a HYPOCRITE. Mike is a lustful horn-dog on the inside, but being Bella's friend in public doesn't make him a hypocrite. If there is one thing I HATE, it's a hypocrite.
Thank you! :P
I Want to Believe
Auctorita
Learning to Love Green

Post by Auctorita »

glstewart wrote:
moon sidhe wrote:
Thank you! :P
This is an interesting statement considering that Bella herself is an unbelievably huge hypocrite.
Who Watches the Watchmen?
www.deus-ex-machina.co.cc