Alice's Party Planning Committee - Round #4

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee - Round #4

Post by Suzan »

Don't worry Brenda, we're all a little obsessed around here. At least I am. And I too don't have friends who like Twilight in real life, which is why I love the Lex. :D

I'm just going to answer my own question now and let you know what I think:
Do you think Alice would want children if she could have them? How many, boy or girl?
My guess is that she never really though about it because she doesn't remember her human life, but now that she gets to be the cool aunt for Renesmee, she would start wondering what it would be like to have one of her own. She wouldn't be as bitter or angry about not being able to have children as Rosalie though. I think she is very happy with the way things are, but she definitely wouldn't mind having a child.
I see her having four or five children. With her never decreasing energy level and perkiness, you know she could handle a large family and with Jasper's roots he would love it too. (Yes, I think five children is a large family ;) ) Maybe three boys and one or two girls. I think she would do great with boys actually. Didn't she have a say in how the Cullen boys dressed? And we know from Bella's judgments that she does a great job at it. A little boy dressed by her would be beyond cute. But as much as she loves dressing up and all things girly, in my opinion she is also somewhat of a tomboy and would definately enjoy getting dirty playing football in the backyard. It's not like she would force them to sit on the couch so their clothes won't wrinkle or clothe them in dresses. I would feel sorry for the girls who she would constantly use as dress-up-dolls :lol:
She would just be a great, amazing, incredibly nice and considerate mother!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Do you think Alice would want children if she could have them? How many, boy or girl?

Still don't know what I think, but it's great to hear everyone else's speculations. Good reasons on all sides! Perhaps, since after all she can't have them, she would just be practical and content. After all, if she could have children, she would be in a completely different place in her life.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
kayAlicekay
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kayAlicekay »

Hey guys. I should come around more often. This (and the glee board) is pretty much the only board I visit anymore, if at all. I think I'm gonna tackle this question, and pretend I was always here.
So, I've never really considered this. I mean, I'm sure she would probably like having children. Considering Nessie's around now, Alice might be wanting children of her own. I'm sure once they grow up, she'd love shopping with them, considering their girls, or boys with high tolerance. How many, I don't know...
KayKay Peace Live Laugh Love TWILIGHT!
Team Alice - Seeing the future since 1901 - Shopper Team Rosalie - Every Rose has its thorns
Team Renesmee - Not the Loch Ness
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

Suzan wrote:Don't worry Brenda, we're all a little obsessed around here. At least I am. And I too don't have friends who like Twilight in real life, which is why I love the Lex. :D

I'm just going to answer my own question now and let you know what I think:
My guess is that she never really though about it because she doesn't remember her human life, but now that she gets to be the cool aunt for Renesmee, she would start wondering what it would be like to have one of her own. She wouldn't be as bitter or angry about not being able to have children as Rosalie though. I think she is very happy with the way things are, but she definitely wouldn't mind having a child.
I see her having four or five children. With her never decreasing energy level and perkiness, you know she could handle a large family and with Jasper's roots he would love it too. (Yes, I think five children is a large family ;) ) Maybe three boys and one or two girls. I think she would do great with boys actually. Didn't she have a say in how the Cullen boys dressed? And we know from Bella's judgments that she does a great job at it. A little boy dressed by her would be beyond cute. But as much as she loves dressing up and all things girly, in my opinion she is also somewhat of a tomboy and would definately enjoy getting dirty playing football in the backyard. It's not like she would force them to sit on the couch so their clothes won't wrinkle or clothe them in dresses. I would feel sorry for the girls who she would constantly use as dress-up-dolls :lol:
She would just be a great, amazing, incredibly nice and considerate mother!

I totally agree with you, I wish I could visit her room.. Doesn't anyone here post pictures of the Cullens Mansion and their rooms? That'll be epic!
-babynessie_18-
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hi all!
I thought I would post this sooner rather than later since it takes a while for people to see this normally. But what do you all think about a The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide-comes-out-party in April??? We could disscuss the Alice related info from the book at the same time, although that might be a little spoilerish for people who can't buy and read it immediately. Yeh or Neh?

Hi babynessie_18! :wave: It's great that you came to check out Alice's Party Planning Committee! Feel free to jump in on the conversations. If you want to be an official member you could try filling out the questionnaire that is posted on the first page of this thread so we can get to know you a little. I can't exactly tell you a lot more than that though; I'm probably still the newest member here myself. :D
I don't think there are any pictures of the Cullen Mansion other than what is shown in the movies. I agree that it would be great to see a bit more of it. Maybe we will get to see a glimps of Alice's bedroom/bathroom in BD with the wedding preparations?
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

AWESOME idea Suzan! Since my attempt to win the International Fan Event failed, I will probably try to get a copy from the library first ... before breaking down and buying it, just like I did with the books and movies so far (multidisc sets, for the extras, obviously. LOVE the Twilight commentary!). It would be great to have an Alice-centric conversation ... like, I don't think the books were completely clear, has Alice ever "slipped"? Etc ... how about giving people 48 hrs to acquire and begin to review the book?
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

^That's a good idea Brenda about the 48 hours. I don't think the Lex is having an official spoiler free time period like they did with the previous books. But I would hate to ruin it for someone.
So I guess it will be more like a discussion than a party since you're the only one who reacted. That's ok though. I'm also really looking forward to discussing and dissecting everything in the book. :D

About Alice slipping: I thought I read somewhere that she never slipped because she had her vision about the Cullens and knew that she was meant to be a vegetarian. But I can't remember if it was in the books or in one of the personal correspondence pages on the Lex blog...
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

From Eclipse, Rosalie's story, "Unhappy Endings":

"You know, my record is almost as clean as Carlisle’s,” she told me. “Better than Esme. A thousand times better than Edward. I’ve never tasted human blood,” she announced proudly.

I think the implication is that Esme has the second best record as far as feedings, except for Rosalie although she never technically fed, just killed. The number she has in mind at the time is five, although she later corrects to seven. And if Esme has the second best record, then Alice has definitely done her share of feeding herself. The only other option is that Alice never spoke of those things and Rosalie is just making an assumption, which the Illustrated Guide may shine some light on.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Well, Suzan, we'll have a small party. It's not the quantity, it's the quality!

The quote about her having the vision of the Cullens and knowing that was where her destiny lay was in the books and I believe it was Edward who said it, adding that otherwise she might have become a total savage. It must be in Twilight - I'm about to re-read it again (#11, but who's counting?) - because it would have been before James recorded himself disclosing the circumstances of Alice's second life. That, taken with Corona's quote (thanks Corona!), would suggest that Alice has slipped at least once ... unless Rosalie is overlooking something in her charmingly egocentric way. Alice tolerates Bella's blood better than Esme (New Moon, when Bella's arm is cut), but I doubt that means anything with regards to slips.

Gonna go check on the reserve list at the library website tonight! Or maybe just accept that I will break down and buy it eventually ....
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Hey there! Just gonna drop into this thread if you all don't mind. I love Alice, I even got my hair cut like her one time ha ha.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.