I think it's a combination of everything. I think he was sincerely worried that if anything happened to Bella and Victoria showed up with her "posse" to give Jacob and his pack a run for their money, Edward knows he can NOT cross the "treaty line" into LaPush to help out.
Alphie wrote:Thanks to Be My Escape for the questions!
1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?
I think Bella knows she OWES Jacob a SINCERE amount of gratitude after how he was there for her in New Moon and basically kept her "alive" -- in every sense of the word. They have a bond that will never be broken, even if it IS just as friends.
2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?
That's easy -- she's waaaaaaay in love with that Yellow Porsche
3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?
Since it was only gonna be for a couple of days --- absolutely
4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?
Nope -- I've slept on sofas and all you do is wake up with a crick in your neck LOL AS AN ASIDE: Page 136 -- Angela Webber said: "Edward's only human Bella" -- That would have LITERALLY made me choke on my own spit LOL !!!!!
5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why?