Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Edward Cullen #6

Post by VirginiaMay »

Esme echo wrote:I agree, LateToTheParty; even though Edward makes mistakes like anyone else, he has a great deal of integrity (well, except he's a very smooth liar! ... and engages in criminal behavior ...) and lives by high principles (except when he doesn't!).

BTW, welcome to the Lex! I hope you enjoy your time here!

This made me laugh, Esme Echo, and to me what you said above is such a good example of why or how we can't or shouldn't really take a fictional character's behavior and judge it outside of the universe they exist in.

On another note, I have to say that I'm so disappointed I missed out on the highly engaging conversation that took place here in the last few weeks. I would go back and put my two scents in, but I think you ladies (JG, Dec, & EE) nailed it. No matter, it's really nice to see this forum hopping again.
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Never too late to take up the threads of an earlier conversation if you feel in the mood, Virginia May! Nice to see you back. And welcome to the Lex, Late to the Party....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Yes, welcome LatetoTheParty!

And I forgot to mention just how much a I loved JazzGirl's clenched teeth and bitten tongue. I'm sure that was painful for her, but it was also oh, so amusing to read. ;) (Love you, Caryn!)
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Virginia May wrote:And I forgot to mention just how much a I loved JazzGirl's clenched teeth and bitten tongue. I'm sure that was painful for her, but it was also oh, so amusing to read.

Yes, VERY amusing -- and gratefully appreciated, to boot!
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
The Real Edward Cullen
I know what you're thinking. Really.

Post by The Real Edward Cullen »

As always, this thread amazes me with its humor and good-natured discussions. Thank you ladies. I am honored.

I wanted to wish you all a very Happy Valentines Day and show off what my beautiful bride painted for me. She made it herself, as a way to remember our love forever. Her skills as an artist are truly emerging, don't you think?

She said yes, and that's all that matters....
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Edward~ You didn't share in the HH that it was painted by the lovely and obviously very talented Mrs. Cullen herself. What a lovely gift. I'm sure you will treasure it always. And, kudos to Bella for finding the perfect gift to give the man who has everything. I must admit, I'm impressed. I adore you but you must be a royal pain to shop for! :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Has your lovely bride been taking lessons from your wonderful mother, Esme? Bella did a GREAT job, how sweet! Oh, and the girls of the "gutter" love the iPhone and earrings. Has Bella had any trouble with the new phone? I seem to remember that gadgets are not quite her thing....
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
The Real Edward Cullen
I know what you're thinking. Really.

Post by The Real Edward Cullen »

It's nice of you to ask, Una. But my Bella is a very quick study. I've been showing her how to use it this morning, and I promise you she's made rapid progress in mastering its ins and outs. i don't anticipate any difficulties.
She said yes, and that's all that matters....
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

The Real Edward Cullen wrote:It's nice of you to ask, Una. But my Bella is a very quick study. I've been showing her how to use it this morning, and I promise you she's made rapid progress in mastering its ins and outs. i don't anticipate any difficulties.
you.
Ah, Edward... You're such a doll. You're Bella is very lucky to have you. And you her.

Come visit us anytime. :)
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hope I'm posting this in the right thread but I was watching NM this weekend for the millionth time and I was actually a little dissappointed and irritated with Edward at the end. :oops: Before you kill me, I love Edward and I'm pretty sure it was because of the movie adaptation/script.

It was in the very last scene when Bella confessed to Jacob that she loves him but that she doesn't want him to make her choose and after Jacob leaves Edward proposed. Is it just me or does that seem a little manipulative? It seems to me a little too perfect timing to propose right after she admits her love for Jacob (at this point still friendship-love but still) and says she feels like she has to choose. It makes him look as if he tricks her into choosing him; like he wants her to commit to him before she can change her mind and choose Jacob.
In the book it's the other way around. Edward proposed before they talk to Jacob. I don't have my book with me so I can't check the details but at least in the book it doesn't seem like his ulterior motives are to trick her into choosing him. So maybe I should be irritated with the movie adaptation...
FF profile: Suzqnv5689