Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by pennybug84 »

Wingtear: I've heard that whole it's easier to find a job when you already have one. Which I don't get either. :?
I had a job interview last week, of course didn't get it! It's kind of okay because it was only part time & not exactly what I wanted. I only really applied because I really need a job.

So my local Borders store is closing!! I am so bummed. It's the best bookstore in town. They have the best selection. And every week if you join their rewards club (for free :D ) they send out emails w/a coupon for a discount anywhere from 25%-50% off. That's how I would buy all my books. I never paid full price for anything. I'm not sure when they're closing. But after they do the only bookstores here will be one called Hastings (not sure how well known that is) and a local bookstore. And neither of them really do sales or anything. And don't have as good a selection.

It's so cold here! And it's snowing right now. I dind't know we were supposed to get snow tonight. I came out of the movie theatre & it was snowing! :x (I am not a fan of it.) And it's sticking pretty good too. I finally saw the HP 7 part 1 movie. It was pretty good. It's been a long time since I've read the book so I didn't remember a lot that happens.

I don't understand the Bieber fascinationn either. But honestly, if I was a 13 year old girl, I can see myself being a huge fangirl of him. I was fir *NSYNC in high school.

Glad to see some of you had Valentine's day plans. Nothing for me. Just another day. Single Awarness day.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Penny- The Borders by me is closing too. However, I am not upset about this because I am a big Barnes and Noble girl. Hopefully they will make the Borders into a Barnes. That way I don't have to travel so far to get to Barnes and Noble.

How is everyone?? I haven't posted in a while. Things with me are good! Most of you are on my FB so you know this already haha!

Ninna- I know what you mean by unemployment it totally sucks. Even though I am "working" it's really not a full-time job with benefits. A few years ago I got laid off from my job and I was collecting for like 4 months, but those 4 months sucked!! I was so depressed because all I did was search for jobs and sit at home. It totally sucked. But... just keep looking and you will eventually find something. In this economy it's very hard to find a business who is hiring a lot. I know for me as an educator, I won't be able to find anything until the summer I am sure. I did apply for a job position but I think I am over qualified for it LOL.

My car is finally going to get fixed today! I was suppose to get it inspected in December but haven't done anything because the oxygen sensor needs to be fixed which costs like $400 to fix. My father in law was a mechanic back in the day and he said he will give it a try!! So hopefully it works because I need to get it inspected ... I really don't want a $125 ticket.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I have a bit of a weird question, but I'm sure theres someone on here that can help me.
My sisterinlaw had her sonogram and shes going to have a GIRL (It's a grill! LOL)
Anyway, I want to make a little babydress, but I have no idea what the measurements are for babysize clothing. We just stopped selling babyclothes at work, so i cant take any measurements there either.

So if anyone has some babyclothes in size 5-56 that they can measure for me, that would be totally awesome.
I would need:
-armpit to armpit
-armpit to shoulderstrap
-waist
-length from shoulder to bottom of the dress/skirt
-width of the shoulderstraps
Anything else that you think might come in handy

I think im going to make a pretty basic dress, without any sleeves and such, because without a sample that would be to difficult. (and shes going to deliver in august orso , so i dont think we'll need sleeves anyway)
If you have any more tips on where to put the fastenings and how wide the nexckline should be and such, please help ;)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

jasmine wrote:So if anyone has some babyclothes in size 5-56 that they can measure for me, that would be totally awesome.
I would need:
-armpit to armpit
-armpit to shoulderstrap
-waist
-length from shoulder to bottom of the dress/skirt
-width of the shoulderstraps
Anything else that you think might come in handy

I think im going to make a pretty basic dress, without any sleeves and such, because without a sample that would be to difficult. (and shes going to deliver in august orso , so i dont think we'll need sleeves anyway)
If you have any more tips on where to put the fastenings and how wide the nexckline should be and such, please help ;)
I only have one piece of mini-baby stuff accessible (the rest is stuffed away beyond belief) and it's a body size 50. I measure it when laying flat on the table.

armpit to armpit: 20cm
armpit to shoulderstrap: 9cm
waist: 20cm
length from shoulder to bottom of the body: 34cm
Anything else that you think might come in handy: I think the best is to make a body and put a "tutu" type of skirt on it, or the dress will keep riding up. The skirt don't need to be much longer than the body for baby girls, then they're only in thee way when they start moving around.

Here's a page which has some free patterns, even in NL http://www.ottobredesign.com/nl/patronen/index.html though, when you know what stuff are, check out the other languages as well, because some have more/different patterns than others!

There is also this one: http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns?for=3&most_recent=1 you have to become a member to see the patterns/print them, but it's well worth it, there's a lot of good ideas there (people can load their own patterns as well) Not all is free, but some are (ex. http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/vivi ... ler-jumper )
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Sorry for the interruption...but,

The Twilight Lexicon is celebrating its 5th anniversary this March!

Everyone has a chance to post questions for Alphie and Pel (the creators of this site) HERE if you would like.

As you were...
by Laniyeah on photobucket
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

5 years...wow!

Janny~Thats a great idea!! I would have loved to have baby clothes custom made by you!!

One of the Borders by me is closing but I have another one about the same distance away and then I also have a Barnes and Noble nearby too. As long as I have some kind of bookstore near where I can get my fix, I'm good! I havent been able to do it much since Ive had the boys, but I used to love just browing the books and sitting a while and reading a little bit of something in their comfy chairs scattered around.

So...lets see...news...I am going to see lady Gaga in April and then I get to go see the cast of Glee live in June...(Jen...I didn't like the Bieber Glee epi. either....)I was so G(l)eeked to get tickets to that...and I really cant believe I did! :clap:

I have a LOT of birthdays next month...so I'm sure we'll be busy with that and of course, I love me some St. Patty's day!!

I just read Clockwork Angel (which I loved) it's the prequel to The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare (which has been optioned for a movie)...The series is very tame a la Twighlight (maybe a bit edgier) but it has a bunch of differences as well.
I read the Hangman's Daughter, too that was decent...I love my Kindle lol! I'm wanting to read I am Number Four before I see the movie but I might be going this weekend to see that...so I'll prob have to watch the movie first...I hope it doesnt ruin the book...Do you guys like reading the book first, or seeing the movie first? i think the only movies that I have liked more than the books are P.S. I love You and The Horse Whisperer.

Good luck to Rach on the Bar and I hope you have a WONDERFUL Disney Cruise...tell us everything about it!!! I'd love to go!

And I hope you are having a nice relaxing vacation with Pup and D, Ninna!! Love you!!

Lily I'm wishing a lot of stress-free wedding planning for you!!! *hugs*
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Thanks Misty!
I like reading the book first. Even though when I go see the movie it is totally ruined, I would rather have the good experience first than the bad experience. There have been soooo many times where I said I was happy I read the book first. For example almost all of Nicholas Sparks books and The Lovely Bones I was happy to read first.

No interesting news from here lately. I am looking for a hairstylist for my wedding and it's becoming a hassle. I am also trying to figure out what I should get my bridesmaids. I need to start shopping soon since it's less than 8 months away!!!

Going into retail work today :(... don't want too but I don't feel like being bothered anymore with rushing to get things done quickly this week. I subbed yesterday in a 1st grade class and they were good. We celebrated the 100th day of school!!

Have a good day everyone!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

We've gotten pretty bad around here...I actually had to scroll down to find the thread!! :shock:

Last night I braved the sheet of ice AKA the roads and went to see "I am Number Four" with my SIL. It was sooooo good! I have the book on my Kindle and I'm really excited to read it, because the movie was great so the book should be amazing!
A nail biter for me because I hate anything with freaky looking alien people. But I realized I have a thing for the "dad" type figures in the movies now, because first I fell in love with Charlie Swan, now I have fallen in love with the charcter Henri played by Timothy Olyphant...YUM!! I am realizing I am getting old because I could have cared less about the younger guys in the movie lol! Maybe it's time for me to officially move on to the 30+ thread!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

MRK wrote:I am realizing I am getting old because I could have cared less about the younger guys in the movie lol! Maybe it's time for me to officially move on to the 30+ thread!
are you leaving me? *sad puppy-dog eyes* :cry: :cray:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I wish I had a Barnes & Noble. The closest one is an hour away. I will be going to the public Library a lot more to get books.

Anyone else here love the show Boy Meets World? For the past few days I'v been watching episodes on youtube. Like a lot! Its all my friends fault. She posted a clip on facebook and so I started watching them. I love it!! It's my all time favorite show. And I miss it. I have seasons 1-4 on dvd & season 5 is coming out in May. :clap: And so I've been watching some of season 6 and 7 on youtube. I wish they would do a reunion show of some kind. Or maybe tv movie to show what happened after the show ended. Did Cory & Topanga have kids? What happened with Shawn and Angela?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson