Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Jamie

Post by Alphie »

Use this area to talk about Jamie. Was his trust of Wanda just from his youth and "innocence" or do you think there was more to it? How do you think he sees Wanda now? Do you think his relationship with his sister has changed through all of this?
BittenCullen
Settled in Forks

Re: Jamie

Post by BittenCullen »

Hmm Jamie.
I love Jamie and i think most people would do too. Who wouldn't? He is usually cheerful and happy. :P The relationship between him and Wanda i think is close as Mel's. She loves him and he loves her too. His trust for Wanda, i think in the beginning it had to do with that she was in Mel's body. That probably made him feel like he was young again and with his sister. Then later on he ended up loving Wanda just as much. I think he sees Wanda for who she is, and not mixed in with Mel. And, no i don't think his relationship with sister has changed at all, but maybe he could get confused? Wanda was in Mel's body for a while...
"I may not be a human, but I am a man."
I Support TeamEdward. ONLY he can send my heart into a panic attack.
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

In the Host I'm Team Jamie. All the way!!!! I think Jamie trust for Wanda was because he believed that Mel was still somewhere inside of Wanda and he was searching for that. Jamie knew that Wanda wasn't all bad because Wanda showed Jamie that she could care about him. I think Jamie still sees Wanda the same way he always saw her. Loving, caring, kind, trustworthy, and honest. I think Jamie's and Mel's relationship is stronger now. They are brother and sister and they've gone through a lot with each other. And because of the whole Wanda and Mel thing, he probably realized he loved his sister way more than we showed her.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

Jamie was the kindest person to Mel/Wanda besides jeb, I think it showed alot of maturity to just believe in her without having any truths. The fact that he always loved wanda as much as he loved mel showed that he could accept them both as they were and that wanda did really love him, it wasn't mel half the time that did things for him it was Wanda who wanted Jamie to be protected.
dazzledby
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzledby »

Jamie was one of my favorite parts of the novel. His kindness, and love for his sister, and for everyone, for that matter, was just great. I think he is one of my top ten favorite fictional characters for those reasons. No, I don't want to fall in love with this one, but I would love to be his friend. Wanda thinks through most of the book how Jamie doesn't separate her and Mel enough, but I think that he does, he's just really accepting of them both, especially in comparison to the rest of the human (minus Jeb & Ian of course).
credit: me!
ilovespaceheaters
Wandering Through Town

Post by ilovespaceheaters »

I think Jamie knew from the beginning that Mel was there. He and Mel had such a strong bond that it just extended to Wanda. He has got to be one of the most beautiful characters that Stephenie has made. So loving. So pure.

"Go fetch a space heater."

[22.8.08] Best day of my life.

ManSpice
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

ilovespaceheaters wrote:I think Jamie knew from the beginning that Mel was there. He and Mel had such a strong bond that it just extended to Wanda. He has got to be one of the most beautiful characters that Stephenie has made. So loving. So pure.
definately!!!
but I believe a huge part is his love for Wanda, too. I think he loves her also, with that samebrotherly pull to her.
wishingiwasbella wrote:Jamie was the kindest person to Mel/Wanda besides jeb, I think it showed alot of maturity to just believe in her without having any truths. The fact that he always loved wanda as much as he loved mel showed that he could accept them both as they were and that wanda did really love him, it wasn't mel half the time that did things for him it was Wanda who wanted Jamie to be protected.

yeah^ what wishingiwasbella said
not to mention that Jamie somehow knew Mel was in there, believing wanda with out any proof. he probably was drawn to her also because of the body she bore, but from there, it was all wanda
ColormeBSG
ChiaraCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by ChiaraCullen »

I think Jamie is a good character
He loves her sister but i think that even if
at the beginning he tries to have a contact with
his sister at last he really loves wanda
E cosi il leone si innamorò dell'agnello
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I loved Jamie!!!! He was a great person!!!! He had grown up majorly in a world that was taken over. He had his family ripped apart, he lost his sister and he still was a good person. He was a little standoffish when Wanda came with good reason. His own father had been taken over and betrayed them. But he saw there was more to her than an alien in his sisters body. He realized both Wanda and Mel were there. He accepted both of them. I think at first it was his sister that drew him in, and then he became friends with Wanda.
He was just great. I am also glad he got to keep both of them!!!!!!!!!! Go Jamie!!
ImageImage
peacepicturelexi
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by peacepicturelexi »

what the heck is this form about? sorry but im clueless right now! :mrgreen:
you can have edward and jacob. i want seth:)