Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Edward and Bella 2

Post by corona »

Ooooh, I think Bella was much more grabby than Edward in the kiss scene.

BTW, in the book, that wasn’t the chicken enchiladas with refried beans night, was it? Maybe that was why he was way over in the rocking chair the next morning. :oops:

Deliberately, I took a deep breath, and then another, letting her scent rip through me like wildfire.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ilovetwilight0509 »

I think you said and i agree the movie is different from the book and Edward is totally different in the books. What I meant as Grabby is when he is going to show her something, him sparkling, but he grabbed her arm and pulled up as to where I am sure you know the part, but where she looks like she is going to stumble because of it. This is right before he throws her on his back. Maybe it is becuase it is I had a young kid watching it and I didn't like her to think that is the way a man is suppose to grab a woman. Especially, after reading the books I didn't like it because that is sopose to be beautiful between the two of them and they made it the complete opposite during the first part of that scene. Of course, when they get on top of hte hill it changes, but I didn't like the begining of it. That is all i meant.
Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Jazz Girl, my reply didn't post, but i will try again. When i said Grabby I meant when he grabbed her and pulled he up the mountain before he put he on his back. I thought that was a little too much. Espically, when I read the book after and saw how it was suppose to be a beautiful scene. They made it that way in the movie after the fact, but I just thought grabbing her and pulling her was a little more than what I would be comfortable with.

corona - I agree with you about the kiss in the movie, but I saw that as different because he went along with it and then pulled himself away. What I meant as grabby is what I stated above, which she clearly looked like she was going to trip over herself becuase he was pulling her. It is just my opinion though. I think as their relationship changed movie to movie he got better, but didn't someone mention the way he wouldn't let her see Jake? If that was a normal relationship I would see that person's point, but I see that a a not a normal situation with the best friend could kill you. I don't know maybe they are right about that scene. he wants to protect her, but you can't force someone to listen. That is why I love when she got on the motercycle with Jake. But I guess we all see things different.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Dawn~ I think you are right, in part, that those moments really stick out because of the difference between BookEdward and MovieEdward. The scene you are talking about, when they are moving from the woods to the meadow, I can see where that would be concerning. He does take her arm and pull her along until he just picks her up to put her on his back. But, I think, like you, I saw it more as an issue of her navigating the terrain vs forcing her hand.

But, I have to say, I'm rather surprised at your comment about the scene between Bella & Jake, when she got on the back of his motorcycle. I agree with you that Edward should not have tried to prevent her from seeing Jake. But, as you said, he had good reason. Jake constituted a threat to Bella. Were there better ways to deal with it? Absolutely. But, at the same time, what most people utterly hated about that scene was that, in that 37 seconds of footage, Melissa Rosenberg had MovieBella doing something that BookBella NEVER would have done. SM has said that repeatedly. It went way beyond Bella asserting her right to see Jake. It was Bella completely disregarding Edward's feelings and, essentially, choosing Jake over Edward, and that is not something she did or would ever do.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Jazz Girl wrote:Dawn~ I think you are right, in part, that those moments really stick out because of the difference between BookEdward and MovieEdward. The scene you are talking about, when they are moving from the woods to the meadow, I can see where that would be concerning. He does take her arm and pull her along until he just picks her up to put her on his back. But, I think, like you, I saw it more as an issue of her navigating the terrain vs forcing her hand.

But, I have to say, I'm rather surprised at your comment about the scene between Bella & Jake, when she got on the back of his motorcycle. I agree with you that Edward should not have tried to prevent her from seeing Jake. But, as you said, he had good reason. Jake constituted a threat to Bella. Were there better ways to deal with it? Absolutely. But, at the same time, what most people utterly hated about that scene was that, in that 37 seconds of footage, Melissa Rosenberg had MovieBella doing something that BookBella NEVER would have done. SM has said that repeatedly. It went way beyond Bella asserting her right to see Jake. It was Bella completely disregarding Edward's feelings and, essentially, choosing Jake over Edward, and that is not something she did or would ever do.
You are right if you look at the bike in that sense. I guess I didn't give it that much thought. I only thought of it as she is being told what to do and good for you that you showed him that you control you. I wasn't really thinking about it in a Bella and Edward way just a guy that is trying to tell her what to do. the first part I was thinking of it as a Bella and Edward, but then I think I lost that thought and just went to thinking good for this girl. But you are right that is why in the one scend she is kissing him in the begining she pulls away from him. I don't think she would have and walked away. I was like I don't think she would do that. I could be wrong because it has been a little since I read them.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Ilovetwilight0509,

I have to go with JazzGirl on this. I'm not sure if Bella's actions would necessarily be out of line for all types of relationships, but it was absolutely out of character for her, to just head off with Jacob. It was just the other day that her mother was commenting on how extraordinarily protective Edward seemed of Bella, and how she was to him, as if they were attached to each other - "he moves, you move". It was just a month ago she would have given her life just to see him one more time. The bike scene just looked completely wrong.

The only scene where it looks a little off to me in the original movie was just right before the "lion and lamb" lines, where Edward turns around and backs Bella up to the rock and then places his hands to the rock on either side of her, essentially trapping her in. Yeah, he backs up in a bit, but it still looked wrong to me.

Edit: OK, I got it now, I know exactly what you're talking about, the second or two of pulling her along in the forest right before placing her on his back, the first time. Got it. The only parallel I can remember from the book is him pulling her along to his car after the blood typing class.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Jazz girl- you have a great memory. I new it was somewhere, but didn't know where.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Just a quick reflection on new information from The Official Illustrated Guide. There were all manner of moments and comments that made me wonder if SM even understood Edward anymore. But, when it all comes down to it, when everything else is taken away, there is one quote that will always reassure me that she at least still understands his essence:

He {Edward} thought he was going to ruin her{Bella's} life, and he made her happy. And that really was everything for him." (p40)
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

The motorcycle scene seems to be a point of contention for just about everyone. It was certainly out of character for Bella to do something like that, especially since it was clearly choosing Jacob over Edward.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Tornado wrote:The motorcycle scene seems to be a point of contention for just about everyone. It was certainly out of character for Bella to do something like that, especially since it was clearly choosing Jacob over Edward.

There are many reasons why Melissa Rosenberg can be considered Public Enemy # 1 around these parts. The motorcycle scene is really just the most egregious and visible.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty