Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Post by pennybug84 »

Rob was AMAZING in Eclipse. He just gets better & better with each movie. (So does Kristen.) I love him. I know he was nervous about the proposal scene but he was fantastic there. The smile when Bella said yes just awesome. And of course the tent scene was great too. Pretty much every scene with him in it he was great & it was an awesome scene.

I just reread BD and I can see Rob being the "burning man." Especially after what he did in NM & EC. It's gonna be awesome to see that (but also sad at the same time. ) I think Rob is going to be amazing in BD period. I can't wait to see him & what he does with the Edward of BD.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town

Post by newborntwifan »

Watching Twilight for the millionth time. Good Lord, is he beautiful!!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

It's been slowing down again this thread... :x ....
newborntwifan wrote:Watching Twilight for the millionth time. Good Lord, is he beautiful!!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
I so totally agree with you, all though I have to say that CH's camera work doesn't show him in the best way, some shots are just a joke...still the boy could never look bad but I think the directors of NM and Eclipse did a much better job to show the incredible beauty...

anyway, what I wanted to discus, hear opinions about is what has been a topic for quite a while now...how will they portrait the burning man Rob has to show in BD...
After seeing NM I'm sure Rob can pull it of beautifully but will he manage to make us cry? I think so...and the birthscene with Edward begging Bella to stay with him...oh gosh... do you all have the same weak knee feeling about that?
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Marielle~ It shouldn't surprise you at all that I have absolutely no doubt that Rob will be able to bring us to our knees with his portrayal of Edward's desperation and near insanity. It's hard for me to even contemplate it, honestly, because I know how bad it will hurt. We've seen glimpses of it before... 8 seconds of it to be exact. And that image still has the power to move me to tears.I'm honestly not sure how I'll make it through the 2nd hour of BD1, between RobWard's pain and fear and KrisElla's fawning all over that stupid mongrel... :heartbroke:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Caryn, I'm quite sure that you are ready to kill the puppy and Bella by the time we are half way through the first BD movie... and maybe even there after...(just leave the pitchvork at home ;) )
If those 8 seconds from NM are a good indication I better start stocking on tissues... they were indeed so damn sad...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

marielle wrote:
newborntwifan wrote:Watching Twilight for the millionth time. Good Lord, is he beautiful!!!!
I so totally agree with you, all though I have to say that CH's camera work doesn't show him in the best way, some shots are just a joke...still the boy could never look bad but I think the directors of NM and Eclipse did a much better job to show the incredible beauty...
Agreed! The walks in the parking lot in both NM and Eclipse :swoon: ! Hope there is a "walk" in BD. I do have to say that in some scenes of Eclipse the lighting and make-up make it look like he turned green and he is about to throw up. Especially during the proposal which for me was such a let down. He should be glorious in that scene but all I can think of is "Someone point him to the nearest toilet, quick!" Haha. The smile after Bella says yes totally makes up for it though!
Jazz Girl wrote:We've seen glimpses of it before... 8 seconds of it to be exact. And that image still has the power to move me to tears.
It must be obvious but my memory is failing me at the moment. Which 8 seconds were you talking about?
marielle wrote:and the birthscene with Edward begging Bella to stay with him...oh gosh... do you all have the same weak knee feeling about that?
I get weak knees when I read that part in the book so I'm pretty sure I won't be able to stand up straight when I see it on the big screen. Good thing my movie theater has comfy seats.
I'm sure RP will be amazing as burning Edward. Especially after I saw Remember Me a couple of months ago. The range of emotions he is able to show in that movie makes me absolutely certain he will be great in BD. I loved RM btw. I didn't know about the ending so I was shocked. When I realised what was happening I literally screamed at the tv screen NO! NO! He can't DIE! Please tell me he doesn't die! (< Didn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it so it's in inv-font. And if you haven't; Watch it the first chance you get! You won't regret it.) Then I cried and couldn't function right for the rest of the evening.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Suzan wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:We've seen glimpses of it before... 8 seconds of it to be exact. And that image still has the power to move me to tears.
It must be obvious but my memory is failing me at the moment. Which 8 seconds were you talking about?
The brief glimpse of Edward in the apartment in Rio. To me, it is the single most heart-wrenching scene in the entire series.... or tied for it, at least.

I do have to say, I honestly think RobWard's make up looks best in Eclipse. In Twilight, it's too inconsistant... shifting from so heavy he looks like he's been caked in flour to so light it doesn't even look like he has any make up on. In New Moon, the balance was off and it was just too much. Eclipse, to me, looked balanced, consistant and like they finally were'nt trying to make him look like Casper. I honestly didn't see the green tinge, and I absolutely love his face during the proposal.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Jazz Girl wrote:I do have to say, I honestly think RobWard's make up looks best in Eclipse.
Oh gods, yeah....I just can't forget how he looks in that damn tent while he is talking to Jacob, or in the white shirt when he is telling Charlie about the plane tickets... I don't think they can do much better than that (or I hope so because I wouldn't survive it)...
Jazz Girl wrote:The brief glimpse of Edward in the apartment in Rio. To me, it is the single most heart-wrenching scene in the entire series.... or tied for it, at least.
Not too mention the moment Edward and Bella break up, when he kisses her forehead...that had me crying...
Suzan wrote:He should be glorious in that scene but all I can think of is "Someone point him to the nearest toilet, quick!" Haha. The smile after Bella says yes totally makes up for it though!
I can agree with you to some point that the shoot could have been better, the lighting and the angle were to sharp, it made the whole scene a bit harsh, although it still was totally romantic and gooye and all that stuff, I thought it coul'd have been softer.
Suzan wrote:When I realised what was happening I literally screamed at the tv screen NO! NO! He can't DIE! Please tell me he doesn't die!(< Didn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it so it's in inv-font. And if you haven't; Watch it the first chance you get! You won't regret it.) Then I cried and couldn't function right for the rest of the evening
I do totally agree with that, I had read about the end and knew what was going still it nearly killed me...I was sobbing aruond like crazy...
Jazz Girl wrote:In New Moon, the balance was off and it was just too much. Eclipse, to me, looked balanced, consistant and like they finally were'nt trying to make him look like Casper
I remember thinking after I stopped swooning that in Voltura his make up didn't look good, i know they both had to look really bad but I think they over did it with Rob and forgot Kris...

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Jazz Girl wrote:The brief glimpse of Edward in the apartment in Rio. To me, it is the single most heart-wrenching scene in the entire series.... or tied for it, at least.
Thanks for clearing that up. And I absolutely agree. That is one of the few added scenes that I actually love.

I do agree that Eclipse was the best make-up wise. In Twilight it was sort of all over the place. Sometimes I couldn't even tell the difference in skin tone between Rob and Kristen.
It's probably just me (or my tv-screen) that I think he looks green. It's only in shots like this when there is a little bit more shadow on his face that I notice it. I think it has something to do with the contrast between the shadow, the bright yellow/gold of the bed and the gray of his shirt and the background. Anyway, I just try to not pay it too much attention because the rest of the scene is beautiful. Plus, Rob always look gorgeous whether he looks green or not. ;) And make-up doesn't really take away from his acting abilities so I'm 100% certain he will do great as always in BD.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

marielle wrote:
Not too mention the moment Edward and Bella break up, when he kisses her forehead...that had me crying...
Yep, that's the scene it's tied with. To this day, even when I see that scene as a GIF, I just about double over in pain. The look in his eyes... the way, for just a moment, he let's himself feel the pain of walking away from her and then you see him steel his resolve, never showing her his pain. {we seriously need a weeping emoticon here}
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty