Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I've very selfconscious whenever I'm on my period like I'm always worried that I'll leak through the pad and have a spot on my pants! My friends are like that too so we have a code (even though it's probably obvious lol!), but we will go up to each other and say "Girl check" then they turn around and walk away, and we're supposed to make sure they don't have anything! It probably seems wrong to check out that part of the body, but we're just making sure without making it obvious!

Does anyone have any special codes or tricks like that??
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Me and my friends, when we need toorrow a tampon we say "code: string cheese" for a pad it's "code: duck tail".

I went and got implanon (birth control it's a hormone rod implanted in your arm that you can get removed at any time or replace very three years) back in januarary and haven't had my period yet. I feel so free!!!!!
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

Post by sophie-loucullen »

Okay so I'm loving this topic, but also not loving it as I'm sure none of us actually enjoy that time of the month?!
It was wierd when it first happened to me, I was really happy about it because my best friend had started when she was about 9 so I felt sort of left out. Obviously now I find it awful and when it comes close to the date, it really gets me down :(
I would love to be able to take the pill but my mam, aunt and cousin are all allergic to it, so I'm kind of stuck with the decision of 'should I continue to bleed uncontrollably from a place blood shouldn't come or risk being hospitalised?' tough decision really :?
'I want to be a monster,too'
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Sami~ Lol I love your codes! That's very smart!

sophie-loucullen~ Yeah there is no way I enjoy that time of the month lol!
Whenever I started mine I didn't even know that one of my friends had already started hers so I didn't worry about it lol!
Yeah I can understand that too because my mom doesn't let me take it since she had side effects from it! I need it to help make my period more regular, but my mom doesn't want me to take them even though I should be able to make that decision already lol!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

I could take it if I wanted, my mam always says do what you think is best, but it makes me nervous lol! I've never been very good at making decisions so I may just have to let my doctor decide! :D

It's different for me and my friends, there's always boys in our group so if we're talking about it and they complain, we start up a huge dig at them because they have it so easy. They soon learnt to stay quiet :)
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Hahaha! There were a lot of guys in my clique in high school but they got ever their aversion to feminine topics quickly cuz if they complained we'd make them buy for us.
We also used to shout things like "my uterus hurts" or "i'm leaking red goo from my let's keep this PG shall we?!" and "i think my uterus is broken, it's bleeding!"

but these days we try to be discrete and sophisticated about it by making up code words
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

They are really good quotes, I may have to steal them :roll:
Boys do get it too easy though so why not embarrass them a little once a month? :D My guy friends have probably figured out when 'that time of the month is' by now anyway and know not to say anything that may lead into violence! 8-)
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

My mom finally decided maybe birth control would be best for me so that way we can get my period regulated and hopefully help my cramps! I got a prescription for the pill, but my family thought it would be better for me to get the Depo shot that way it will stop my period! Having no period (in a safe way and in a way that is explained lol!) sounds amazing, but I've heard from many people that there is a lot of weight gain from the shot! I have a few friends who were small figured before the shot, but after they got it they gained weight :/! I did research online and there's sites that say the weight gain should be around three to four pounds in one year and that if a person drinks more water and doesn't eat excessively than there shouldn't be anything drastic! I'm worried that I will gain a lot of noticeable weight though and I don't know what I should do!

Any advice?