Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by marielle »

Hey girls,

How is everybody doing on this fine day… seriously we had the First day of real summer weather, at the beach many people were already wearing bikini’s and shorts…it was really busy but we enjoyed a few hours of sun and watching people…
Sadly I got my first allergic reaction to the sun already, I really hope that it will be the only one this year, I’ve angry itchy spots in the side of my face…

Tonise, I see you got the list on the first page, are you going to add the two newbees? Amy and Rachel…or did you add them already?
It’s nice to know that for once the Dutch weather is better than anywhere else in the world, normally we get the damp and cold…today was perfect, I just want this weather all year round…

Jaclyn, do you have mother’s day in Scotland already? Here in Holland it’s somewhere in May…

Susie, I have the strange feeling that if we have to wait a whole year for BD2 there will be so many leaks that we can see it online halfway through the summer already…I really hope they will change it…
My dad is at home right now, he got back a few days ago, my brother is finishing his route at the end of may, or something like that…
I so can not believe your hub isn’t up for those kind of calorie burning, men in general have those ideas and we women have to give in…Oh yes that devilish icon is really my thing, created for the dirty mind like me….

Raine, I really hate the audit periods, we just finished one and the next will start in the next week. They are always too busy… I hope you'll get through it unscrathed

Amy, I am totally the same as you…I get bored at work easily and than I start to read fanfic, mostly smut and my mind end up in the gutter (maybe it lives there by now)… that dirty grin is permanently on my face…at the moment I’m a bit lost in Harry Potter smut actually, I just love to read smut between Draco and Ginny/Hermione or Snape/Hermione…they are just brilliantly dark and leaves nothing to the imagination…
Yep, rebels but the good one, I wouldn’t have wanted to see them if they were stolen from the actors personally but I really think Summit has had their chance of getting good security…I’m starting to wonder if they don’t do it on purpose.

Caryn, yeah we are doing well with the pages…we burned through the last thread at vampire speed and with three Rob movies coming out this year and cosmopolis being shot, I’m sure we will burn this one just as fast…
I’m happy to read your comment on the pics, I was really upset that I was sleeping (WTF!!!) when all this happened and I want to pm you to ask you what you thought but I considered it a bit silly actually, a bit too obsessed but I trust you to give all in honesty…to read that the pics made you happy is very soothing….( you really do have to send me the links of all those sites you visit, I only know Robsessed, RAoR and TOR, maybe I can be better informed than…)

Tracy, I totally missed the April’s fools thing on the main lex site…I saw a new topic on it but didn’t have the time to go and look…I saw many people thought it funny, at least it was better than last year when the whole board was hacked and I couldn’t post on the day I went on a holiday… :rant:

well, bf is watching soccer, so I'm going to dive into a pile of smut!!!
Have fun tonight!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Happy Saturday Sisters!!

Wow everyone is putting up such great decorations for the new Halfway House!

Fi~ Have fun settling in to your new home. GB's "Sexy Lexi Ladies" comment made me :lol: Hope you said hi back from us. :wave:

Marielle~ Hope you had fun at the beach today, even with the allergic reaction. My mother also has problems with the sun; she's super fair-skinned and burns easily but she doesn't tan. She's had sun poisoning several times. It's been good beach weather here too, although I don't really care for the beach myself.

Caryn~ I haven't seen the WfE promo again since that first time. I'll keep looking... BTW thank you very much for yesterday. ;)

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

I'm off to Universal Studios tomorrow where I'll finally get to visit the Harry Potter theme park! So excited! :clap:
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY SATURDAY, LADIES!

Today we walked around a nature reserve located along the Mississippi River bluffs (only 15 min from our house) and could see all the flooding. Nothing critical, though. The snow was mostly gone, but no leaves out yet on the trees and we walked through the woods. It is so cool because you can see more than you can see when the leaves are full out. The birds were very active - lots of birdsong in the air - it sounds like spring!

Raine – That joke gift from your cousin is sacrilege!! Of course you won’t wear it. Good luck getting through audit season – I think you should have some sort of contest or something where those who are nicest to you (with gifts of food, beverages and chocolate) get the audit info first and the fasest! Also, the rule is that any fellow Twilight Fan also gets priority information. Remember – Numbers are cool!

Tammy – Love your decorating. Those pics of Rob in the clean white t-shirt under the clean white sheets holding the fluffy white pillow always make me swoon. I noticed the dinner one was the one you made for me! I’ve never wanted to be a bottle of beer before. And the last one – the one with Rob on the LOVE sculpture – let it be known that I took that pic last summer in Indianapolis with Caryn!

Ann Marie
– Hooray for getting your coach ticket for the WfE premiere! When are you moving back home and where have you been living in the meantime?

NewJen – You are a very mean mother for doing that to your children. ;) I love their distinctly separate reactions to that April Fool’s joke. Sorry about missing the highly sexy pictures from BD, but really, you are the spoilerfree type, remember? You wouldn’t have wanted to see them. Unless you’re going to change your policy given the especially sensual subject matter in Breaking Dawn?

Jaclyn
– There’s nothing more depressing than doing job applications on a Friday night, so I’m glad you didn’t do it! TV and Junk Food is much more in keeping with the festive nature of the end of the work week.

Amy – Sorry about all your technical difficulties! You really were trying and as I said to Rachel, I love that you are making regular posts. It makes it much easier to get to know you that way. What kind of job do you have? Yeah for a Boys’ Day Out!! Giant Bananas – Yep. Sounds like something kids would like at a fair – everyone else is walking around with them, so you want them and then you get a giant banana home and you think, meh- Tammy’s the one to do your banner – she’ll provide quick turnaround too!

Tonise
- I’m so glad your bronchitis has cleared up! You sound very happy. You’ll sleep well tonight on your new mattress. The bed at my B&B in Phoenix was heavenly, but I don’t know what kind of mattress it was. One more week of State testing? That’s a lot of stress for those kids AND you! You can make it through one more week until break, though. What are your plans for break? How’s the writing going?

Caryn
– Once again, you have proven to all of us that you can obsess about Twilight and Rob (and certain leakages – WAIT – there was a video too?) and STILL take care of your family!!! It sounds like a really fun day out with your boys yesterday (I’m including your hubs as one of the boys.) I’ve got my fingers crossed for the Dawgs tonight – you know I’ve got them going to the title. You said you have a different feeling this year – meaning more optimistic?? You’re right not to get your hopes up too high to protect your tender heart. I’m so glad you’ll be with old college friends – perfect. Much better than Houston. Hey – You watch Oxygen? *teehee*

Fi – Thanks for checking in with us – GB thinks we’re “sexy”? That’s nice, but what sort of drug is he on? Oh I get it – we think about Rob who is “sexy” and therefore we feel that way and consequently ARE that. Congrats on getting all moved in! Now the unpacking and settling is another thing entirely, isn’t it? Aww – I for one, LOVE to wish you well! I always will do so!

Marielle – It’s so great because I know just where you were having your wine on the beach! (well not exactly which restaurant, but I know what the place looks like) There must have been lots of people out today. Sorry about your first sun allergy of the season. I guess it caught you by surprise. Great way to celebrate your birthday. Any pics? Has your bf noticed any connection to his watching of soccer on a Saturday night and the subsequent amorous mood of his sweetie???? *teehee*

Christina – I don’t think I can allow you to go to the Harry Potter theme park until you’ve sent me some feedback………………… ;)

Hubs and I are going to try to see True Grit again at the same theatre as last Saturday, but we're going to get there earlier. I'm looking forward to my dinner of Freshly Popped Pop Corn with Real Butter!!!

Have a good night everyone!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

*FLY BY POST*

Working o my oneshot. I do know that Butler won so Caryn, if KY wins, IT'S ON GIRL! :D But if they loose and it's UConn and Butler, I hope Butler wins.

later ladies!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

*just a quick post*
Just got back from the river. I'm enjoying the 100 degree heat, although I got sunburned. Well, got to get the kids in the shower and off to bed. We are all real tired.
TammyAZ I sent you a PM. Thanks for doing that for me. I'm excited to see how it will turn out. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa Clause to come.

Well, goodnight everyone.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Thanks everyone for your input on what to include in my rec. What I meant by ‘official’ review is that it was for a fanfic website vs. leaving a review for the chapter on ff.net. It’s posted so I can now tell you that I wrote it for The Fictionators April 1 weekly rec on Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers by sillybella which you can check out here if you’re interested. The story has been discussed on the FanFic Rec board here which is how I found out about it.

The BD leaks this week got me wondering if anyone else here on twitter? Of course, I know better than to EVER post anything like that on the Lex but I wanted to discuss, share, etc. with ya’ll – in real time rather than lamenting about it the next day. If you’re there, feel free to follow and I will follow back or vice versa. I am @Stellabluebella there and everywhere in fandom so far at least. It would be impossible for me to keep up otherwise!!

Speaking of keeping up…. Susie you’re right. I am used to getting on the Lex pretty routinely but does anyone have any advice or suggestion about keeping up with the HH? I mean we do seem to take it another level here, lol. I can read a lot more than I am able to post because of the baby… Reading is one thing typing up a post requires a.) use of at least one hand and b.) a lot more attention for me at least so, with the baby these two things are in much shorter supply, lol. I have started keeping up a Word doc.... I have typed posts in Word in the past just because I am horrible speller and for some reason there is no spell-check here but, that takes a bit of the fun out of it. Or at least it feels that way at certain moments. Just wondering if there are some tips or tricks for keeping up you can share?

Caryn – I am still mulling over RP’s MB type. I have heard about him talking about his love for animals. I think that is an indicator of something… Maybe it suggests a perceiving type?

Tracy – Oh I think I know where Franklin is. Close to Cool Springs right? You aren’t far at all. I do feel very lucky to be at home with my sons but I loved my job before (physician recruitment). I have these moments when I realize (even though it’s been six months) I am still adjusting. And yes, there are days I greet the Hubs with a slight eye twitch, lol! I do plan on going back to work though, probably just part time or hopefully *crossing fingers while holding breath* some sorta freelance work.

Tonise – Wow, that was scary! I hope you can get your health back to normal. I am close by so if there’s ever anything I can do please let me know. I mean we can’t be more than 45 minutes apart. Hey, you mentioned testing. Do you happen to teach 5th graders? My son is in 2nd grade and his class gave cupcakes to the 5th grade on Friday because they had testing all last week. I know you wanted to be there for your class but it still shows a lot of dedication. I hope those parents appreciate you!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Smooches ~ Rachel

EDIT: I see you Amy!! <3

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

SON OF A GUN! Darnit! ky LOST :rant: :banghead: Well Caryn, sense Butler and UConn are in the finals, I will be rooting for Butler.

:wave: ladies!

I read your rec earlier Rachel. Well done I think! VoltouriGirl, hope you feel better soon!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Aw, Jaclyn, thanks! I like the way you write too. It's good to know I'm not the only one laughing at my jokes.

Caryn, congratulations Butler!

JennJenn
, sorry :(

Susie, your walk sounds lovely! I had zero success getting my family out into the lovely sunshine and flower-filled world yesterday.

Christina, can't wait to hear what you think of Harry Potter Land.

Marielle, it kills me that you're having you're first days of summer, while I feel like we're still chilly here. Perhaps the temperatures are the same though and we just have different ideas of what constitutes swimsuit weather. (Just checked weather where you are, it actually was hotter there yesterday than here, but generally we are running at the same temperature)

Just watched this video of Reese and Rob talking about Marlena and Jacob. Rob says Jacob sees Marlena as a complete fantasy figure and she doesn't see herself that way at all....she's all work horse, no glamour. Which is interesting to me....because that 's sort of Bella and Edward ....except Rob's playing the Bella character.....it's also Rob and his fans of course, we see the fantasy and he's always insisting he's boring!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY SUNDAY, GIRLIES!

I'm skipping church again to go grocery shopping and Lex at an independently owned coffee shop. I still need a little more R&R before I go back to work tomorrow. I had a huge anxiety dream last night and I think it's because I'm letting my household go to complete disarray. Yesterday I neglected my family in the cooking department so I woke up thinking - OK today - 3 meals! I used to be a super-mom/cook when my daughter was still in high school - actually ever since she was born. I was more motivated when I had two kids in school living at home. I also kept up with the cleaning more. Now I just look at things and think - Meh. Hubs doesn't really care about the food - he likes to forage for himself, but Sonny Boy has quite a big appetite. So today I made waffles from scratch for breakfast with some Prickly Pear Cactus Syrup I bought when I was in Phoenix visiting Lulu. Delicious. I'm going to buy lots of yummy, nutritious ingredients at the store for meals and be a good homemaker this week! I think I'll feel better. I'll have to wait until Sonny is away at college before I give up cooking. When Daughter Dear comes home in May she'll take over some of the duties - especially the Vegetarian cooking! - Wow - reading all that mundane musing was a bit tedious, wasn't it?

Caryn - CONGRATS TO YOUR DAWGS! ONCE AGAIN IN THE FINALS!!! I'm so excited for Monday night! Will you be recovered from last night's game in time? What are your viewing plans? How do brackets office pools work? If I get the winner right, but I didn't get many of the other match ups right - does that carry more weight?

NewJen - Interesting analysis of Jacob Jankowski and Marlena. It will be great to see Rob play that. Are you trying to stay spoiler free for this film? So if you couldn't get your family outside yesterday, does that mean they stayed inside and played video games? They would have spend their time better had they been in school for that special snow day make-up day! Wait. You have flowers?

Rachel - I haven't read Attention Walmart Shoppers yet. I tried the link to your review but it didn't work. Twitter? Well some of the girls left the HH about a year ago and just communicate on Twitter. Sandy is on Twitter. I don't think anyone else is. Many of us don't want to go down the slippery slope. I need to investigate, just so I keep up with technology, but I tend to be a bit more wordy than that! :blush: You're right - we take posting to a whole new level here at the Halfway House! How to keep up? Well, we all have our own methods/style of doing or not doing so! I'm practically religious about my posting as are a few others here - You can tell who we are. It's a combination of motivation AND a bit of free time! Many of the ladies have work and family responsibilities that prevent them from posting as much as they'd like. So some read all the posts, but then just make an "all inclusive" post rather than respond to individuals. Some do a mega post once or twice a week and in the interim just say hi. We welcome any kind of posts and we understand that Real Life sometimes takes precedence. As far as the mechanics of doing a mega post - I usually do a split screen - the Lex and a Word doc and then I do my post on Word as I scroll through the Halfway House thread. That way I don't lose things. I know others who keep written notes until they can post. We don't want you to feel stressed by this at all. This is supposed to be fun. (but I can't deny that I love seeing your posts!!)

JennJenn - Sorry about Kentucky!! Oh Well! At least you won't be fighting with Caryn on Monday night! How's your O/S coming?

Amy - 100 degrees? It's 45 here! I can imagine your day yesterday, though. I just have to reference a Minnesota late July/early August. Can't wait to see what Tammy comes up with for your banner!

Marielle - You must be hung over - usually you make a post by now!!! :lol:

See you all later!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey girls...

Yes, I am so damn late...couldn't help it, I finishing up my fanfic and lost track of time...

Susie, nope I do not have a hangover, although the allergic reaction has knock me out of energy...I'm all itchy...grrrr....no we didn't take pictures yesterday, I'm not the picture taking type, I normally just humor people by doing it...
don't be afraid, I'll make my state of mind known after reading in the deep depths of smut...

NewJen, I bet that you have a other idea of beach weather, we dutch tend to grab the bikini at the first ray of sunshine. Yesterday was a good day and all the die-hards were already sunbathing...

Christina, I have had sun poisoning once and was sick for 5 days, so I make sure never to get that again but the allergic reaction is really annoying, I get really tired when my body does that...strangely I don't get it everytime I have been sunbathing. normally it gets itchy after a few days in the sun but now it was the first day...

sorry I've got to run...I'll do a proper post
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house