Boarding School

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Boarding School

Post by Pel »

'm almost in high school and i was wondering if any of you have evr considered boarding school before. i've been giving it alot of thoght. and for the ones who already go to a boarding school i'm probably going to ambush you with questions.lol.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Boarding School

Post by darkrider »

I actually have thought about it before, but i'd miss my friends and family too much to leave. you should seriously think about it b4 u make ay rash decisions.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

I want to go to boarding school in Europe really bad.
But my parent's won't let me.
And they won't move to Europe either.
It's kinda sad. Oh well. Hahaha.
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I wanted to go to bording school. I thought t would be awesome...
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

Pel, I thought you were a lot older than high school age! I thought you were like, 25 or something. You learn something new every day, I guess.

Anyway for boarding school you have to think about all aspects of your life. The rules are going to be different, and you have to follow them all the time, instead of between 9 am and 3 pm. Also you have be more independent, like you have to be able solve your own problems and do your homework without your mum telling you that you can't watch TV until you do your homework! (I got that one a lot). So if you think that you'd be okay without your parents there to help you (and trust me, I'm 19 and I still don't think I'm ready to move out), and still be okay with the rules of your school, you should be fine.

A lot of boarding schools don't let high school students have internet in their rooms. That would be a big thing to think about when choosing a school, since you're obviously quite involved with internet communities and stuff, and the school computer labs might not let you use IM or post on message boards.

Just make sure when picking a school that you do a lot of research on the school, and have a list of questions to ask if you go tour the school, so that you don't get there and find you're living the next nine months without the internet except for school projects!
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Sorry if I sound stupid but what IS boarding school :oops:
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

maddy<3twilight wrote:Sorry if I sound stupid but what IS boarding school :oops:
It's kinda like college. You leave your home and go live at whatever school you go to, think Hogwarts without the magic :D .

Every time I do something bad (which is all the time :? ) my mom threatens to send me to boarding school. Not really a threat to me though, I think it would be cool to live on your own, and escape my parents.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I was at this camp thing at a boarding school for six days, and I did it two years in a row, and I have to say that so far every boarding school I have ever seen on the internet or anywhere has AWESOME grounds.

Sorry I just had to say that somewhere.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

Hmmmmm... I've always wanted to go to boarding school. I don't like coming home to my family. They're so useless (literally) and stupid (literally). I don't know much about boarding schools, but I would like to be in a mixed if possible. Not to hit on the girls, but so I'm able and comfortable socializing with both genders.

Thanks for reading.

Your regards,

-Miista.
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
JasperRocks3000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

It sounds cool to me . I'm homeschooled so its really boring because I don't like being at home . but I couldn't deal with being constantly surrounded by nothing but girls . I've always fitted in better with the guys . I mean i get along with girls okay . I just get along with guys too . so I guess if it was Mixed gender with internet access I would love to go . Mom wouldn't let me go though .