Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Newbie from California

Post by skatepixie »

How did you pick your screen name?
It's been my screenname elsewhere, before. Pixie is a nickname from childhood, and I used to be a competitive figure skater.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
I saw it in the bookstore and thought it looked good, so I bought it. I read it and went back to purchase New Moon and Eclipse the next day, powering through both. Picking a favorite is soooo hard. Twilight started the magic for me. While part of me is inclined to dislike New Moon due to lack of Edward, I love Italy so that part of the book was wonderful for me. Eclipse revealed a lot about the characters and plot, plus Victoria got her just desserts. And Breaking Dawn brought us the happy ending.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Stop with the hard questions. :P While I'm more of a Jacob fan post-BD, I have to choose Edward. He's the ideal man in most ways, and is truly a gentleman.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Alice or Carlisle, depending on which day you ask me. I've also always liked Rosalie -- I could tell there was more to her story, even in the early books. I loved it when she rose to the occasion in BD.

What are your hobbies?
I'm editing a novel I wrote a while back (skating themed). I also like watching skating and gymnastics, as well as cooking, shopping, and hanging out with my friends.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
Southern California.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
20s

Anything else you would like to share.
My husband and I are a few weeks away from our first anniversary. We are currently looking for a house (have been for six months) and we plan on adopting from Russia in the future.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Newbie from California

Post by Jestak »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :wave: Hope you enjoy it here.

Congrats on the anniversary, and good luck with the house-hunting. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skatepixie »

Thanks! :D
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
Grrrillaful
Settled in Forks

Post by Grrrillaful »

Hi! I'm new around here, too! That's awesome that you're working on a novel! Have you ever done NaNoWriMo?
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hey! :wave: Welcome to the lex.

See you around the boards.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skatepixie »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :)
Grrrillaful wrote:Hi! I'm new around here, too! That's awesome that you're working on a novel! Have you ever done NaNoWriMo?
Yes, many a time. :) I'm the municipal liaison for my local area. NaNo is what got me to a point of being able to write an entire first draft -- now it's a matter of getting a PUBLISHABLE draft. Haha.
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~