Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Halfway House "The Guide" discussion

Post by VirginiaMay »

I couldn't wait either, Amy! (As you know a la FB. LOL) I downloaded the sample via Kindle to hold me over, and I'm in heven with the SM interview in the front. I want to hop on over to Writer's Central and discuss, but I'll have to check with the mods first.

Can't wait to have the whole thing in color though! :D
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

hey girls!

i love this little halfway house section!

it's now 3:55am and i'm going to go to bed! haha, my tax appt is tomorrow at 3pm and i didn't want to go to bed until i had a substantial amount of my work done (being self employed means a lot of organization is needed in order to have all my deductions accounted for--which is taking me forEVER because we waited, as usual, to account for the entire year in days before taxes are due). after feeling like i was finally over most of the work i guess i was too dazed to just go to bed so here i am, exploring through the spoilers on a book i haven't even bought yet! :roll: well i loved what you've said and i really can't wait to get my copy. normally i get stephenie's books right away, but life is so crazy right now that it's just easier to pretend it's not out yet. i need a few more days.

caryn, you made me laugh with your skimming through the pups' section!

ok, see you girls in a few days.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I have just finished reading the SM/SH interview a few minutes ago. Lots of what SM said during the interview touched me deeply and I have several thoughts, but I am still processing and would like to go back and jot down a few notes and mark a few pages with sticky notes before I comment. I do find it interesting that several of Ya'll have mentioned the fanfiction aspect because that seems to be the ONE topic that is NEVER once mentioned in the book at all. It wasn't mentioned in the interview, and I scanned quickly through the index of other topics and didn't see anything pertaining to fanfiction. FanArt, yes. SM seems to be very pleased with that part of the fandom's creativity. But, she never mentions fanfiction that I could see. Hmmm... it makes me wonder if SM would rather fanfiction not exist at all. Nevertheless, I have such excitement over the possibilities that the details of this book will now offer me as a fanfic writer. I have several ideas already running through my head with just the interview under by belt. I can't wait to read the rest and see what other bunnies go hopping by! :D The one thing I have realized so far after reading the interview is that I AM DEFINITELY A WRITER! :D
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I am a little concerned about buying it. From what I hear SM kinda disses Edward which confuses me.
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:I am a little concerned about buying it. From what I hear SM kinda disses Edward which confuses me.
Desiree, I think you should buy it because it gives a bit more back ground information but SM gives an interview in which you can tell she's a complete Jacob fan...and I really got the feeling she started to hate the monster that the saga has become...but still it's very interesting to read about all the characters...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:I am a little concerned about buying it. From what I hear SM kinda disses Edward which confuses me.
I would defo recommend it too. You find out lots of info & backstories and it really is a great thing just to have for reference!
I'm not quite finished it (I know I am taking forever LOL) but I am realy enjoying it so far :)

The interview with SM is an old one, and so was not long after TheBookThatShallNotBeNamed got leaked etc, so I think she was feeling a bit down. Parts of the interview I think are really good!

So yeah, buy it! :lol:
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I felt the same way when I read the interview itself, but it doesn't really reveal anything we didn't know. SM has been really forthright in saying she'd have chosen Jacob herself. But, she doesn't necessarily disrespect Edward in as much as demonstrate the odd fact that, even as his author and creator, she doesn't really understand him. But, still, I completely agree with the rest of the sisters. Buy it. You won't regret it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I just finished reading the Volturi part and found it facinating.
I'm getting a bit obsessed with Aro and Caius...the are very interesting...

but i was wondering am I the only one who doesn't like the guide? it's not that I don't like to read it but the fact that many things are left unknown is very annoying...it's like somebody interviewed SM and made a very poor enceclopedia
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Marielle & Caryn I see your point but it still leaves me confused. SM wrote Twilight and Forever Dawn Jacob was not even in it really until she decided to write 2 more. Well if SM didn't like Edward character so much then as a author why wouldn't she just have Jacob be with Bella in the end.NOt that I wanted to see that happen! She could have easily written that since she had all that time to alter the ending before it got published.

I still like SM but all this is kinda rubbing me the wrong way. It will in NO way change how I feel about the saga itself or B & E but it does make me sad to hear this. I want to say more but having a hard time articulating it here from my mind.
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Edwards Ragazza wrote: Well if SM didn't like Edward character so much then as a author why wouldn't she just have Jacob be with Bella in the end.NOt that I wanted to see that happen!
I don't think SM hates Edward, really, I think she just fell in love with Jacob when she was writing NM, byt then she had the end of the story already written and couldn't change much about it...
Edwards Ragazza wrote:I still like SM but all this is kinda rubbing me the wrong way
I feel the same way... I think it's really sad that SM has come to hate the monster twilight has become...

I was reading the things about the amazonian coven and I was a bit frustrated about the lack of information on how they survive...SM states that they are living in an area where there are little humans and that they don't go away often but they have to feed at least once every two weeks? how are they doing that?