Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
l_amazone
Settled in Forks

Newbie: l_amazone

Post by l_amazone »

Hi there!
I'm a French girl and I want to improve my English as much as I want to share about the Twilight Saga. I will do my best to write in English (I mean, something you can understand...). But please, please, feel free to correct my mistakes. It will help me to share with you as well. Thanks a lot!

How did you pick your screen name?

My screen name is about the Amazons, the nation of all female warriors of Greek mythology. I like them because they are very independent, strong and great riders. They prefer their horses rather than men, and that was my life for many years! ^^

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?

I really discovered the saga very lately. Of course I've heard about it before, but I thought it was only for screaming teens. Occasionally, good friends would tell me it was great, and that I should read it. I was decided to try it, but wasn't ready to buy it.
A month ago, I was thinking of reading in English, and was looking for something interesting on my mother's book shelves (she reads a lot of American and English books) and I saw Twilight. I picked it, and started to read. And as all of you, I just couldn't stop! I read the whole saga in one week. Then I wanted to fully understand every word, so I read it in french. Then it wasn't enough, and I read it one more time, more slowly. It was the first time in my life that I reread the same books 3 time in one month!!

At that moment, I was aware of being possessed, but I didn't care! ^^ and started to look for what I could find on the Internet. That's how I found you, and also how I found Midnight Sun on Stephenie Meyer's website. That was the true revelation for me: it put light on the whole story.
So my favorite book is not even a book thanks to an horrible person that couldn't respect Stephenie's work!!! I really hope that one day, she will go on with the story on Edward's point of view.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?

During my first readings, I liked both Edward and Jacob, even if my long lasting fascination for tortured vampires on the way to redemption gave Edward a small advantage. I've always loved the characters of Louis in Anne Rice's books and of Angel in the TV series.
Then I discovered Midnight Sun, and Edward became my favorite.

Who is your favorite minor character?

I like Jasper (see above the "tortured vampire" part), Angela ans Leah.

What are your hobbies?

I live for horses! My work is related to them, I breed show jumping horses and ponies and I ride. I also love reading. I've always read a lot thanks to my parents (I was raised without TV!). I love cooking. And last but not least I love my geek husband who can spend hours on the Internet while I'm reading Twilight again and again.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)

I'm from the Center of France, but live in the Southwest, in Aquitaine.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

I'm 30.

Anything else you would like to share.

Thanks for reading my very long presentation (I'm sure it's full of mistakes, and I'm so sorry!).

I hope to find here what I couldn't find (yet?) in French forums: real discussions about the saga, the characters and the whole world that Stephenie Meyers created, not just :"yeah, it's so nice, I love it all!! And Rpattz is so sexy, LOL". If you see what I mean...
Bella: Jacob, it won't stay up!
Jacob: It will once you start moving!

The motorbike, of course! What were you thinking, Dude?
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Newbie: l_amazone

Post by Jestak »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :wave: Glad to have you join us.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hi there, I Amazone! I see you're just as obsessed as the rest of us!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex! :wave:

Don't worry your English wasn't too bad. I could understand what you were saying. :D

Since you're fan of Edward you might like to join us on the Team Edward thread.

I too hope that Stephenie Meyer will someday finish Midnight Sun. I just keep hoping, wishing, & crossing fingers, & trying to have patience that she will someday finish it & it will be published.

See you around the boards.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
l_amazone
Settled in Forks

Post by l_amazone »

Thanks a lot!

Pennybug84, can I answer very old questions about Edward?
I know I arrive one decade after the battle, but after all, it's brand new for me! :D
Bella: Jacob, it won't stay up!
Jacob: It will once you start moving!

The motorbike, of course! What were you thinking, Dude?
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Welcome to the forum :)