1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward?
Not really. He had it so dead set in his mind that Bella was making a mistake, he was waiting for her to realize it.
2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
I already knew about it, but I didn't like the kiss much at all. It didn't happen in the nicest way.
3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react?
I mostly agree with Bella's reaction -- it was uncalled for on Jacob's part, and he didn't have to be so rough with her. Charlie's reaction was just horrible -- it was clear that Bella was upset about it, but he was congratulating him. And I had a feeling that Edward was going to be FURIOUS.
4. Did you feel horror at the news of Jasper and Emmett’s bet, as Bella did?
5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?”