Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
alicecullenrocks
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 20 ~ Compromise

Post by alicecullenrocks »

1. Can you see why Bella is afraid to marry Edward? Is it something that would affect your decision to get married at a young age?
yes and no, I wish i had got married so young, i met my husband in high school and we lived together for years before getting married wish we'd done it sooner (i am an elderly 32!!!)
i love that edward has morals and wont sleep with her for fear of her not getting into heaven, thankfully God forgives.

2. The intimacy level between Edward and Bella really jumps up a notch here. How did you feel about that? How do you feel about their decision to try to make love while Bella was still human?
they are two people in love, so it makes sense, though if i had written this chapter or if i re wrote it i'd have Bella sucessfully seduce Edward, hes a vampire! but still a man, hes in love with her, it would be almost impossible for a real man to say no in the same situation.

3. Again the question arises about Edward having a soul. What do you think about this subject? Do vampires have souls?
well if vampires did exist in the way meyer has imagined them, ie created by God like animals are and us, then i would assume they do have souls. ;)
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

1. Can you see why Bella is afraid to marry Edward? Is it something that would affect your decision to get married at a young age?
Not really. She doesn't really have a good reason at all. My decision would depend on if I was going to go to college and if I had a job and somewhere to live...if my life was pretty stable and I was younger than normal, I think I would still get married, regardless of what people thought. Who cares if they think of you as the girl who gets married way too young? You know that you're not that person, and you're going to prove them wrong!
2. The intimacy level between Edward and Bella really jumps up a notch here. How did you feel about that? How do you feel about their decision to try to make love while Bella was still human?
If they get married first, than I want them to be more intimate. I think it's pretty stupid of them to not wait until she's immortal, though. Bella's too impatient. Can't she wait a few years? Would she really risk an eternity with him and ruin everything when it really wasn't necessary at all? Logically, it's a pretty ridiculous decision, but I guess I can see where she's coming from.
3. Again the question arises about Edward having a soul. What do you think about this subject? Do vampires have souls?
I think they still have souls. They have thoughts and feelings just like humans do, and I can't see how Edward could still BE Edward if he didn't have his soul. Isn't your soul what makes you...yourself?
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

Of course I see Bella's side to this! Small town girl getting married right out of high school. I completely belive in commitment,.. but why get married so young.. if it's real love and going to last, you can wait to get married. I understand Edward's side of this though,and she should try to too.

Go for it!! This chapter was hot! I think Bella's right though, that Edward would never do anything to hurt her and will probably be able to control himself.

Eh,.. none of them asked to be vampires (except Bella lol), so it's hard to say. I mean, after these people turn into vampires they can't help it they want blood. It's hard to believe the Cullens lost their soul, with how amazingly great they are,.. better then most people.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I got married at 20, I really thought her reasons were stupid.

I agreed with Edward, but I could understand Bella.

Yes, I do think he has a soul. I think every being has a soul, whether it's a good or a bad soul, but you do have one.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I do see why she's scared, but I still think it's silly. I don't know whether I would have that sort of fear, though.

I knew it was coming, and I understood it. I was glad to see their relationship progressing.

Yes, I do think he has a soul.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I can see where her objections come from. I don't think it would be something I would have had a problem with, no.

I think it's dangerous, but I agree with Bella's assessment that Edward loves her so much that he wouldn't ever be able to hurt her. Not in a significant way, anyway. He would always make sure he was careful.

I think any creature that has the ability to make moral decisions has a soul.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

. Can you see why Bella is afraid to marry Edward? Is it something that would affect your decision to get married at a young age?
-I can definitely see why she'd be afraid. There's such a stereotype to people when they get married at such a young age, especially considering how much personal growth you do between ages 18-22. People tend to assume you HAVE to get married-that you're expecting a baby or something. I always wanted to get married at a young age and I suppose I kind of did (age 24), I'm the first of my friends to get married.

-I think it's to be expected, especially in a long term relationship. It's only natural. I think their decision to wait is impressive..but I also understand her desire to want to try while she's still human. It's dangerous and she might be overestimating Edward's self control.

Perhaps they do. I think especially ones like the Cullens who try to be good and not kill humans. That's impressive..going against your very nature and trying to do better..become more than what you are.