What's Your OCD?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Re: What's Your OCD?

Post by BlueStarEgo »

When people lick their fingers and dip them back into a chip bags, I always feel like everything they touch after that is going to be doused in saliva. =(
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I have to finish a song. It bugs me to no end to leave and not finish a song. I've even been late to work. The one thing that gets under my skin is when someone changes the song midway through.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

VolturiGirl wrote:I have to finish a song. It bugs me to no end to leave and not finish a song. I've even been late to work. The one thing that gets under my skin is when someone changes the song midway through.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Me too! I hate when people change the song when it's almost finished!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

My house and I have kids. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I can't stand being late. Sometimes I get so distraught that I break down and cry! Since I've married my husband has helped me overcome this one a little bit. I can now take a deep breath and say that it's all right to get to a party five minutes after the official starting time!

I HATE people who put apostrophes in the wrong place! It REALLY drives me insane! They put them where they shouldn't be and leave them out where they should be! ARRRRRRRGH!! On Facebook I am a member of the group, "An apostrophe does not mean 'look out, there's an S coming!'."

And another one. People, it's not different to, or different than, it's DIFFERENT FROM!!!!!! Something is different FROM something else! It's in Twilight as "different than" several times, and I get antsy whenever I see it!
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I don't want anyone doing my laundry. Hubs turned on the machine before he left this morning and I know he meant to help, but it really annoys me. I always know exactly what's in the laundry basket, so I've planned what I want to wash and when.
What's even worse is when he hangs the laundry. I always hang everything straight, two clothespins per item, if I get a fold in it, the fold goes at the place where I would fold it when it's dry... I can literally re-do it when hubs has done it, cuz it annoys me to much to see it hanging outside the way he did it...

Oh... and I get terribly annoyed at all spelling mistakes I see, also grammar. But my grammar isn't perfect in English either, so I can live with that. But when I see spelling mistakes on the forum, I just wish I had mod, to edit all those mistakes (especially in topic titles!)
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

^ I agree with you on the spelling mistakes! I know I'm not perfect and sometimes accidents happen, but it's aggravating! There are times when people may accidently get the letters mixed up while typing or sometimes a word may be close to being correct and I can tell what the person was trying to say, so I understand that! It's frustrating when it's continually misspelled though!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I was just looking through this thread...it's been a while since it was active, but that's ok, I'm going to add my 2 cents anyway.

Tornado, you aren't in the states, are you? In American English, we say "different than" not "different from". It's kind of like the different spellings of "practice" vs. "practise". But I'm with you on the other stuff. I HATE being late, and if someone else is late, I feel like they should at least call. To me, if I'm not 10 minutes early, I'm late already. And if I think there's even a remote possibility that I will be exactly on time or a few minutes late, I will call and say that I'm running late, and may not be there right on time.

Certain grammar mistakes drive me batty...there, their, they're; your, you're; Its, It's...that kind of thing. And I have a friend on a different forum who ALWAYS gets "were" and "where" mixed up. At first I thought it was a typo, but over time, when she continued to do it in every post, I realized she just didn't know she was doing it incorrectly. That one now makes me cringe. Oh, and "then" vs. "than".

I also have a thing about getting my hands dirty. Ever since I was a little kid, I hated getting anything on my hands. My mom said I cried when she tried to get me to fingerpaint. And now, my least favorite chore is doing dishes, because I can't stand touching plates and silverware that have goup on them...like ketchup, or mayo or sauces...it grosses me out and makes me want to throw up. My husband is the dish washer in my family. We agreed before we were married that I would do laundry and ironing if he would do dishes.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Songbird - they say "different than" everywhere, my friend. Plenty of people say it over here, too. It doesn't mean it's right. Just like the use of apostrophes. Most people don't use them correctly, either. Very few people say "different from" at all, but, the fact is, it is correct grammar. Most of the things that change in the English language start with someone who just thought they'd change it for whatever reason, and before long it became the right way to do it, simply because more and more people did it.

Another thing that's driving me insane lately (and is said by Edward in Eclipse! Edward WOULD KNOW BETTER!) and that is: "I could care less". That is a ridiculous statement! It should be I COULDN'T care less. Because if you say "I could care less" you are not saying that you don't care, you are saying that you do care. That phrase means you must care, at least a little bit, because you are saying that you could care less than you already do. If you want to express that you don't care about something it's: I COULDN'T CARE LESS!!!
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

^ Oh my gosh that is so true about "couldn't care less" vs. "could care less"! I never noticed that :O lol!

The way my closet is organized is my latest OCD! I recently got rid of some clothes and decided to re-arrange my shirts! It is color coordinated and also in separate sections, such as the big t-shirts I will hardly wear are together in the back, then I have my dressy tops, tank tops, school t-shirts, sports t-shirts, and so on! My hangers also alternate between two colors! It's a bit embarrasing to admit how bad my OCD was when it came to my closet :?