Request a Topic **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

REQUESTS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Request a Topic

Post by Tornado »

I there a topic on scenes that we would like in the movie version of BD parts 1 and 2? I can't seem to find one ...
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Hi, I wondered if we could have a thread on fashion and makeup, as there doesn't seem to be one. I used advanced search to look for one but couldn't find anything, so a general thread (in Flight to Phoenix?) where people can talk about clothes and makeup would be great. Thanks. :)

Edit: oops! Please ignore/delete this post as I just read page 17 of this thread and found a link to a fashion thread in Flight to Phoenix. Sorry!
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
hailqueenlaurel
Settled in Forks

What happens if a human drinks vampire blood?

Post by hailqueenlaurel »

• I'm not sure if this has ever been asked before, I checked old/closed topics, but couldn't find anything close to what I was searching for, so here it goes: my friend (Hunter) and I were talking yesterday about what would happen if a human drank vampire blood. I was under the impression that vampires didn't have blood, that their fluids were burned up during the change (hence the on fire feeling) and replaced by venom. But if that were the case, Edward's baby fluid (for lack of a better word) would have been venom as well and therefore dangerous to Bella, correct? So the conclusion we came to is that vampires must have blood -- correct me if I'm wrong. And if that's the case, what would happen if a human drank that blood? General vampire lore tends to conclude that it would create a ghoul effect, the human becoming almost zombish, but Stephenie Meyer doesn't necessarily go by the vampire "rules" as we Twilighters well know. So what's your take on this question?
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

hailqueenlaurel,

I'll take this as regarding Stephenie Meyer's vampires specifically.

Other vampire stories, like True Blood, have vampires with their own blood. The TW vampires do not. Any blood in their system is either their own formerly human blood, for newborns, or someone else's they just feasted on. There is no magical property in their blood.

The blood for TW vamps isn't burned up during the change, and it's the only thing that isn't. The text itself isn't clear, but the burning is likely due to the cellular destruction and subsequent regeneration in a crystallized form of the subject's DNA. The subject is essentially reborn from head to toe, cell by cell, using a perfected human DNA for instructions, with a vampiric overlay to boot. The perfected DNA will remove most normal blemishes from humans and heal grievous wounds, but it will not actually replace severed limbs. Flesh, yes; bones, no, though if they are there they will be healed and perfected as well.

The change is complex, but we know that venom essentially replaces water as the primary component of the body. And, that venom is not the same throughout the body, it replaces the function of what used to be human.

Venom saliva is very special for the vampire, it is the only thing that will actually change a subject, if the vampire can actually stand to not drain the subject dry while keeping their heart beating. So, venom based "baby fluid" would actually NOT be harmful to a human subject, but it does have the possibility of fertilizing human ova and creating a hybrid fetus, which creates its own kind of dangers.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pyrosis »

Hi,
would it be possible to open up a Buffy the Vampire Slayer thread since a lot of people here seem to like it or have a least watched it. I know I would love to share my favourite quotes and scences with other fans. Thanks!

Your new topic is here: http://forum.twilightlexicon.com/viewto ... =27&t=6818
You know, Edward, as a brother you are sometimes a dissappointment

Oh, never mind! my less noble side exulted

Then the jokes about the world's only clumsy vampire would start

'Bout time someone scored around here
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Dear Mods...

some of your member (the Dutch girls) are going to see BD1 on Tuesday night... the 15th just when it turned to the 16th...and I was wondering if we could have a spoiler thread by than?
because I think we really need a place to get it all of our chest and as I think the rest wants to stay unspoiled it wouldn't be fair to do it anywhere else....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I'll second that!
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

marielle wrote:Dear Mods...

some of your member (the Dutch girls) are going to see BD1 on Tuesday night... the 15th just when it turned to the 16th...and I was wondering if we could have a spoiler thread by than?
because I think we really need a place to get it all of our chest and as I think the rest wants to stay unspoiled it wouldn't be fair to do it anywhere else....
We will set up a spoiler thread after this weekend. We will keep you posted.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

24601 wrote:

Thanks!!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

marielle wrote:
24601 wrote:

Thanks!!!!!
Here it is It will be unlocked after the Premiere!
Noli improbos sinere te conterere