Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Re: Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Sadly the only book I have in a physical copy is Last Sacrifice :(! I was to anxious to read the book so I went out and bought it instead of waiting for my friend to let me borrow it like I did the rest :lol:! It's a great book though :D! The others I have on my iPod Touch in my iBooks app!
Yes she has so much excitement in August :)! You've read her other books right Chrissy?? I really need something else to read that will keep me interested! I haven't been super excited to read a book like I was for the VA books :S!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Hello all. I recently borrowed the 1st book from the library and couldnt put it down. I have since brought the next few and have just finished Shadow Kiss and am looking forward to starting the next one. At first I thought the books were going to be a bit too young for me but actually I like them as they do deal with adult issues and the style makes the books so easy to read and get absorbed into. Poor Rose though bless her!
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I completely understand what you mean funkidiva about not being able to put it down lol!
I love how the books show different aspects of adult and teenage life :)!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Your right 21Twilight21 about showing both adult and teenager aspects. Its a good and fascinating mix. Hoping to read the next installment soon but other books keep getting in the way haha.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Yes the books show different parts of life while also being entertaining :)! That's what I love about them!
Lol well as soon as you read another book that's a part of this series, be sure to let me know what you thought about it :)! I love re-living the excitement of the books when other people are going through it lol!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Yes, Kymmii, I've read ALL of her other books in ALL 3 series. Richelle is an amazing and extremely talented writer. She's definitely made her way up my list of favorites. If you read any of them Kymmii, you'll notice that VA is the only series she has that follows a teen character. Everything else she has is for adults. And yes, they're just as great.

OAN: I've been asking on FB about iPod touches. Tell me which generation you have on FB.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Ok thanks Chrissy! I feel as though everything I've been reading is the same thing over and over! Since I loved Richelle's writing style I was thinking about trying her other books :)! I definitely want to read the others!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I'm SO excited for Bloodlines! It's so close.

I don't know if anyone here has heard yet, but Richelle Agreed to write a short story on Rose and Dimitri going back to Russia (post Last Sacrifice, of course) to visit Dimitri's parents. She mentioned that it will be along with other short stories from her and her author friends and would like for it to be released sometime in 2012 (awwwwww maaaaaannnnnn).
I'm very excited to read this. I know Dimitri's Mother will be very surprised to see him ALIVE and Dhampir again. I have a feeling his grandmother will be extremely smug about it. Lol.

Ok, Kymmii. Let me know when you begin them. I can't say which is my favorite because I love certain things about each series equally. I've downloaded a short story she wrote for the VA series, but I haven't started it yet. It's about Lissa dad and Jail Bait's moms' affair.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

OMG! She's going to write a short story about Rose and Dimitri :O *faints*!? That is the greatest news ever!! Even if it's just a short story I'll love it lol! Aww I don't want to wait until 2012 lol!! I've always wondered how the family would react to seeing Dimitri again :)! How did you find out about this??
Ok I'll let you know :)!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

She and the VA series was recently nominated for an award (can't remember which exactly) and she asked all the fans to vote and if she won then she would write a "Rose & Dimitri Returns to Russia" short story. She didn't win :'-( , but on FB she said she would do it anyway.

I love Richelle and I follow her blog and FB, so whenever she announces something, I'm all over it. I can't wait until she posts pics of her new baby.....even though she hasn't even given birth yet. Lol. Oh yea, she mentioned recently that it's a boy!

Anyone excited for the VA graphic novel?

More "In Case You DIdn't Know's":
The second book in the Bloodlines series will be called "The Golden Lily". I believe it's a reference to the alchemists tattoo. It should be released in May of 2012 (all the freaking waiting!!!!)

The Bloodlines series has a Youtube account!