The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate

Post by vampyre_princess »

I have read Torment, but not Passion as it has only just came out here :( hopefully *fingers crossed* getting it for my birthday as I don't know what else I want.

Will post again once I've read it... but OMG! Torment was AMAZING!
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

BlueStarEgo wrote:Passion has been released! Has anyone read it yet? I have it on my Nook so hopefully I'll get the chance and finish it by the end of the week (if it's exciting enough).

Crude how could I miss this. For some reason I thought the release date was in November but then again I may be confused with Matched sequel.
Banner by TammyAZ
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

How did I not know about this thread? :O

Hmm...well I may have to stay away for a bit anyway, as I haven't gotten a chance to buy Passion yet. Although I heard its a prequel, and those are generally not my thing.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:How did I not know about this thread? :O

Hmm...well I may have to stay away for a bit anyway, as I haven't gotten a chance to buy Passion yet. Although I heard its a prequel, and those are generally not my thing.

MidnightSun~ Are serious she wrote the 3rd book as a prequel? While I don't mind them sometimes I feel they should be written after the series is finished.
Banner by TammyAZ
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Desiree~Yep. I've been iffy about buying it because of that. Like I said, prequels are NOT my thing...unless its a series I'm heavily into, and this just isn't one of them. A friend of mine and I have a theory that this was written as a filler for between books that her bosses made her write to keep the books selling consistently or something. I looked on her site and it's pretty much a bunch of smaller stories from over Luce's different lifetimes put into one big book. I think its a bit silly, but I'll read it anyway as there might be something I need to know for the fourth book in it.

Plus it gives me something to read until the new Hush, Hush book comes out later this year.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Yes, Desiree. It's something like a prequel. As you know, Torment ended with Luce entering into a memory of her past. So, Passion is "supposed to be" a mix of Luce backtracking her and Daniels past time together to try and understand for herself what went wrong and current events with her friends, including Daniel, trying to find and keep up with her.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Chrissy ~ I forgot how Torment ended b/c it has been awhile . Ashley & Chrissy I researched reviews and it is a 50/50. I have it ready to go in my queue at the library . Chrissy have you read Passion yet? Did you buy them for your nook? I am thinking about a ereader mainly for fan fic but once my personal library is filled I am going to need my library to go towards an ereader.
Banner by TammyAZ
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

No, Desiree. I haven't read Passion yet although I do have it already loaded onto my Nook. I have a slew of other books I'm reading at them moment so I probably won't get into until early next month. I don't know though. If you guys want me to read it now and report back with my thoughts then that's totally possible.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

So I bought Fallen a couple days ago for my Nook, and I think I'll be starting it either later this evening or tomorrow.

I was wondering if you'd all like me to report back with my thoughts on it as I read, with spoilers in the invisible font?
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:So I bought Fallen a couple days ago for my Nook, and I think I'll be starting it either later this evening or tomorrow.

I was wondering if you'd all like me to report back with my thoughts on it as I read, with spoilers in the invisible font?

Ashley have you not read this yet. :? Per your previous post I thought you have.Either way would like to hear your thoughts when you do read it.
Banner by TammyAZ