The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

BlueStarEgo wrote:No, Desiree. I haven't read Passion yet although I do have it already loaded onto my Nook. I have a slew of other books I'm reading at them moment so I probably won't get into until early next month. I don't know though. If you guys want me to read it now and report back with my thoughts then that's totally possible.
Woops sorry for the double post.

Chrissy no worries about reading it it is in my library queue so I will be reading it within the next few weeks.
Banner by TammyAZ
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Okay, so I bought Passion the other day for my Nook, and read it in about 2 days, finishing yesterday. All I'll say for now is that its much better than the other books in the series so far. The ending left me hanging - book four won't be out until next spring - and its just really, really good. I think I'm the only one whose finished it, but if any of you have and want to talk about it, I'd be glad to share my thoughts!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

I finished it and would like to discuss it.

Fallen discussion on all 3 books so far. Spoiler free I promise.

I know about the same time Hush Hush came out but I have to say the only similarity is its about fallen angels. I already gave my opinion on HH on that thread so feel free to read it over there. I like them both for different reasons. Neither one more than the other. Fallen series definitely has a slower feel to it and the story does tend to leave you confused b/c it doesn't give away any hints as what is going on. The one thing I do like about it very much is the love story. I felt it was very intense almost like Bella and Edward. I love that they do talk and hold a conversation with one another like E&B. Was it just as great as E&B no! I don't think any series ever will.

Passion~ I thought the concept was cool like Ashley I to read it in 2 days. It was very interesting on their past lives. It does kinda have a feel of groundhog day and leaves it a ending for the 4th book.
Banner by TammyAZ
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I know it's completely unacceptable, but I've just finished Passion today, lol.

I'm still wading through my thoughts on the whole book. I think that maybe I went into reading the book with my hopes too high. I didn't learn as much WITH Lucinda as I learned WITHOUT her. Don't get me wrong, I liked Passion just as much as I liked Fallen and Torment, it's just that I really feel like this books series should be Daniel's and Lucinda's, not Lucinda's and Daniel's. I know that probably doesn't make sense to you all, but from the peek views we got in Passion, I just think that There could be a greater voice given to the entire story if it were from Daniel's POV.
Yes, I know that the story would probably go extremely fast since Daniel already has a greater view on what's going on. But, Lucinda is/was going too slow for me, lol. She's young, she doesn't see things with that age old wisdom that Daniel does.

Maybe in Rapture Lauren will give them equally POV chapters.

Anyone heard about Lauren adding a new book to the series BEFORE Rapture is released? It's going to be called Fallen in Love
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Chrissy~ I hope she doesn't drag out the series like PC CAst
Banner by TammyAZ
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Does anyone actually understand what Fallen in Love is supposed to be? LK says there's four books in the series, not counting this one, so Rapture is book four. So what's FiL then? At this point from what it says on her site, it sounds like it's just a filler book - which sucks because if I remember correctly, I reviewed one of the other books in this series as pretty much being filler too. Hmph. :|
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Fallen in Love has officially been released in the US and the UK (I'm not sure about any other places, sorry)!
Is anyone planning on reading it? I think I'll download it soon and give it a try. I'm in love with Arriane and Roland. There's so many unanswered questions I need answers to about them. Like, how did Arriane get that scar on her neck if she's supposed to be all immortal and perfect?

Here's a link everyone can go to to read about what Lauren Kate had to say about the new book: http://laurenkatebooks.net/todays-the-day-fall-in-love
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse