1. Was Irina justified in her reaction to what she saw in the field? How do you think you would have reacted if you were in her shoes?
Yes, she thought she saw an immortal child. I can understand she went and reported it.
2. What do you think of Emmett’s suggestion that they contact their friends and acquaintances to stand with them?
If he wanted them to fight, I think it wouldn't be fair, they know they can't win. If he only meant them to testify, that's a good idea!
3. What was your reaction when Edward told Bella that the Volturi was coming to destroy and not to reason?
4. What do you think about Alice’s sudden change in demeanor?
I knew something was up, but off course, didn't know what.
5. What was your reaction to the chapter ending with Bella saying: “It’s over. We’ve all been sentenced to die.”
Off course not, this is a book, it'll have a happy ending. Seriously, I get into stories/books a lot, but I always keep in mind it ís a book, the writer will have to finish it in a satisfying way.