Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: The Breaking Dawn (I) Trailer!

Post by Tornado »

There is now a copy of BOTH clips on youtube! Not high res though. Hopefully high res versions will be released soon and put on the BD part 1 website.

I kinda liked the honeymoon clip! ;)
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I looked for the clips but couldn't find the honeymoon one, only the one with Jacob prior to Renesmee's birth. I hope they are officially released soon.
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

There was a copy of the honeymoon one on the Twilight Lexicon blog page. Has it been removed?
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I was kinda disappointed with it being a LQ copy of it at parts the screen was really dark and I couldn't see anything. From what I could see, I did kinda like it.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

There is a slightly better version floating around out there now. Look on youtube.
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I saw the honeymoon clip and although the quality wasn't great (please, Summit, let us have some officially released clips!), I liked what I saw, especially the part when Edward says "Mrs. Cullen". :swoon: :D
The Noisettes track they played in the clip was good too. I've been wondering about the BD soundtrack and what music they will choose. I love the soundtracks for Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse so hopefully BD will be just as good.
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I kind of liked it too ...

;) ;) ;) ;)
Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Emmettroselover »

I am so conflicted. I want to see the clips, but don't all at the same time, especially if it is LQ and I can barely see it. I might as well just wait for it to come out. I think I am going to try not to peek too much before it premieres....try anyways.

I am excited about the soundtrack. Twilight is still my favorite soundtrack and it never gets old, so I am hoping that Condon puts together something that is close to that. I have big expectations for Carter Burwell's score. He did phenomenal with Twilight so we shall see. New Moon and Eclipse had several great songs, but I think Twilight is the only soundtrack that I could listen to pretty much every song and love them.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm the same, Rachelle. I was beside myself with joy when I heard that they were bringing Carter Burwell back! Howard Shore's score was okay, but not mindblowing, and Alexandre Desplat's was incredibly generic and uninspiring, as far as I was concerned. And I liked the Twilight soundtrack best, too.

I think it's quite possible that 100 Monkeys might be on it. Bill Condon suggested that there would be some tracks that will really thrill fans, and I know quite a few people have been requesting 100 Monkeys be on the soundtrack. So either them or Rob, or both!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Rob and 100 Monkey's would make a bunch of fans happy. I love the first soundtrack, and several songs on the score far more than I do the score and soundtracks for the last two films.

The one thing I don't like about the scores for the series is the lack of, IDK, unity between the three of them. I hoped that Bella's Lullaby would've been something that tied all the movies together because it was something that was important in the books, and was one of the few things that stayed consistent in it. I kinda hope that Carter Burwell brings back the general melody from that song and uses it in the last two scores.

IMO, it Bella's Lullaby should've been to Twilight what Hedwig's Theme was to Harry Potter.