Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Gitta »

ellybean wrote:I'am not sure what to think about Kristen...I think she is a really good actress, but when she is doing an interview or something she acts really wierd. I don't know if she gets nervous, but she kind of comes off as stuck-up. Has anyone noticed this? ha ha or is it just me?
Haha I've noticed that aswell. When she's on set she acts very well and she really brings on all the emotions to the screen. But in interviews she has nothing inttelegent to say and she acts kind of bithchy. She is probably just nervous but it has had a bad impact on me :?
twilightmomtobe
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightmomtobe »

My big question is, Did Kristen Stewart ever even read the books? I haven't heard/read/watched one interview in which she admits to reading it - only that she knew nothing about it until she auditioned for it. I'm only a tiny bit worried by this, because I think she'll be a great Bella...but maybe hindered if she didn't read the books.
Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gitta »

I think that she have read all the books not because she is intrested in it's just compulsery if your going to play one of the main characters. You could easily tell that she was not intrested in it in one interwiev when rob said something like "it's a growing up story" and Kirsten said "They are both fantasies" I mean c'mon couldn't she find any more simularties between Harry Potter and Twilight?
Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

i think she will have read twilight but thats about it, i dont think she will read the others until the time comes to it, she just doesnt seem to "into" it as other people i mean Rachelle seems like a big fan of them now, but i think Kristen is just reading them for the job she has to do, if she didnt get the part she wouldnt read them.
anyways as long as she is convincing i dont really care if she doesnt read them lol- i mean it would be good if she did but if she doesnt then its up to her
bored on photoshop @5am after no sleep
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Well to be honest you can't really compare the Harry Potter series to Twilight- i think this has been said alot..honestly though if you read the books they're COMPLETELY different. Not sure why people are saying she should see more similarities other than the fact that they're both fantasies...?

On a side note- Kristen is really serious about her career; she admits alot that she sees her acting career as a job and nothing else so i guess that kinda explains why she's not so enthusiastic about the series. She doesn't want to bring herself any more attention- she just seems to be trying to do her job without having to get involved with the whole Hollywood scene; just trying to live a normal life without all the paparazzi

I will admit though i do wish she was a little more enthusiastic about the series; sometimes i feel kinda weird to the fact that she might not care for the series as much as we do...anyway she's still an amazing actress so i have complete faith that she'll pull off the role of Bella with flying colors...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
twilightmomtobe
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightmomtobe »

I agree with the last post - she is an amazing actress and LOOKS as I imagined Bella... So it's all good with my head. I do just find it weird that she doesn't seem very interested in the series. I mean, I've read that Robert Pattinson wrote a journal as if he were Edward and really tried to get into the character. That's taking it seriously, I think. I haven't heard much from Kristen. And her interviews are weird. That's just my personal opinion though. :)
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

mlola619 wrote:Well to be honest you can't really compare the Harry Potter series to Twilight- i think this has been said alot..honestly though if you read the books they're COMPLETELY different. Not sure why people are saying she should see more similarities other than the fact that they're both fantasies...?

I definitely agree. You can't even come close to comparing Harry Potter to Twilight. With HP, there are a bunch of fantasy elements, most of them consisting of juveniles running around with sticks that shoot shimmers when they spat out "spells" Don't get me wrong, I like HP, but you know that the story is completely fictional. With Twilight, there is a sense of realism to the story even though werewolves and vampires don't entirely exist.

mlola619 wrote:On a side note- Kristen is really serious about her career; she admits alot that she sees her acting career as a job and nothing else so i guess that kinda explains why she's not so enthusiastic about the series. She doesn't want to bring herself any more attention- she just seems to be trying to do her job without having to get involved with the whole Hollywood scene; just trying to live a normal life without all the paparazzi

I will admit though i do wish she was a little more enthusiastic about the series; sometimes i feel kinda weird to the fact that she might not care for the series as much as we do...anyway she's still an amazing actress so i have complete faith that she'll pull off the role of Bella with flying colors...

I half agree with you on Kristen's enthusiasm regarding the saga. I think with her and the other actors, this is pretty much just another job for them so its hard to be as fanatic as the readers are unless they have read the books and are truly fans themselves. I still love her and I admire her for not caving and being like other young stars who get carried away with fame and such. I hope she sticks to what she loves and stays humble.
SwitzerlandXGirl7
Settled in Forks

Post by SwitzerlandXGirl7 »

I love Kristen personally. She has always been my favorite actress. At first i wasn't sure she was right for the part though, because i always imagened Bella with well a girlier voice and well girly. What i've seen Kristen do/wear isn't girly so i had doubts like evryone at first. But i think she's doing a great job!!!!! i loved her in the clips. She just right for bella. She's scared but only like with the physical stuff but i do think she's better than ellen page or emily browning for bella most definatly. And her chemistry with rob!!!! to die 4!!!
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

mlola619 wrote:On a side note- Kristen is really serious about her career; she admits alot that she sees her acting career as a job and nothing else so i guess that kinda explains why she's not so enthusiastic about the series. She doesn't want to bring herself any more attention- she just seems to be trying to do her job without having to get involved with the whole Hollywood scene; just trying to live a normal life without all the paparazzi
On this note, I have to point out that in a recent interview Kristen did she said that she only plays roles that speak to her and have a deeper meaning. So I guess that fact should comfort us all, because we really don't want anyone who doesn't give a flying crap about the role to play the part, now do we?
somnium
Settled in Forks

Post by somnium »

I don't mind her as Bella, she looks more like the Bella I imagined than any of the other actors that people wanted to play Bella.

I still wish I was Bella though D: