Brooke: The Female Jacob

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The Female Jacob
Settled in Forks

Brooke: The Female Jacob

Post by The Female Jacob »

Take a moment and introduce yourself to the members of this forum. Use appropriate Internet safety rules like not giving out your exact name and exact address, but fill us in with some of the following:

How did I pick your screen name? That's simple and quite obvious. Take everything you know of Jacob, his determination, his pride, his loyalty, his rash and impulsive decision-making. Fueled by what's important to him and his own wild emotions, Jacob Black is a lot of things, depending on how you look at him, doesn't matter to me. The point is if you're a Twilight fan, you understand him in one form or another. So, in turn, you understand me for the most part. If Jacob had feminine parts and a slightly less fever, you'd get me, "Brooke." Brooke is the name I write under for a character I produced based on the Twilight Universe. She is essentially a female version of the famous Jacob. If you'd like to know more about her and my writing adventures, hit me up and I'll be sure to inform you. But here, I'll try not to bore you with it.

How did I come to read Twilight and which book is my favorite? I actually read Twilight as an escape, as is a lot of cases for us all. But, mine was different than the common. We all know what Bella went through in New Moon, when Edward left, she went 'zombie' for four months and woke out of it like she'd been in a coma. The same thing happened to me, oddly enough. I won't go into the whole back story, because I'm sure you don't care. The point is, four months of my life I can't recall, the counslers call it "repressed memories" and whatnot, and it is. I was alone, desperate, in agony and so, I shut down. I went on auto pilot, driving everyone away from me and growing dark and hatred-filled. Suddenly, a friend of mine that suffered through it, started throwing books at me. "Read this, stop going zombie on me and read." It was a lat ditch effort to keep me awake, reading books. The first, was "Sweet Blood" and I threw it back at her. The characters weren't real vampires, it was a lie. I was infuriated that she'd given it to me to help. I began sinking back quickly. And one morning, she sets down a book with hands and an apple on the cover. "I don't want to read about apples." She glared and pushed it forward. "Try it, it's slow at first, but when he finally gets into the picture, you won't put it down." So, I tried. Slow, yes, for someone who had no patience and was on a binge for hatred toward the world. But I read on, she kept pushing me to trust her and keep reading. And sure enough, when Edward was in the picture, I was simply unable to put away my intrigue. New Moon came quickly to me but in the first hard time of the book, and I realized where Bella's pain was headed, I couldn't be reminded of my pain. It sent me over the edge. I threw the book at her and swore I wouldn't read it, couldnt' read it. She nodded, understanding, and began flipping through it. "You have to trust me," she'd said. "You'll understand, it gets better, I promise it gets better." She said I hadn't missed anything and gave me back the book to start reading at the cliff scene. I was more and more confused until she said "Oh, by the way, Jacob's a werewolf." 0.0 And so, I was hooked.

Who do I like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob? I love them all in my own way. Liking is a strange question I feel when it comes to this. Yes, I like them all, they all matter to me and I see them as real people out there somewhere. But, because I understand him the most and I feel what he had done and is still doing is the best way to handle things, I love my Jacob dearly. I'll always have a special place in my heart for him because I've shared his pain.

Who is my favorite minor character? I guess that depends on what you mean by 'minor.' I love Alice. Weirdly enough, when I got married this past January to my Edward, his sister, Amanda, was the spitting image of Alice in the sense of personality. And I love her more than anything next to Edward. Alice has always been a riot to read about. She's hilarious, ironic, sly and witty and plays by her own rules. She's essential to the family and to the series. I love how she acts and the way she carries out her beliefs.

What are my hobbies? I'm a lot of things besides a full-time Jacob. I'm a writer, an artist, an actress and a wife. Art means everything to me and I use it for everything in my life. Journaling to keep me sane, painting to earn money and sketching to give story and expression to the scenes in my head. Writing is a second-nature to me, it gets the things in my head out on paper so I can understand them better. And I'm a reader, because how the heck can I not be?

Where am I from? Indiana. Well, technically Ohio, but I moved to Indiana when I got with my Edward. I've lived here for the past two years and I love it. Though, it's not Forks, haha.

How old are you? I'm 20. Though my soul is much, much older than that.

Anything else you would like to share. -shrugs- I like having new friends, writing with fellow fans of different series' and I'm always looking forward to what I'll be doing tomorrow. Hope to see you there.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Brooke: The Female Jacob

Post by Jestak »

Hi, Brooke, welcome to the forum. :wave: Glad to have you join us.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hi and welcome! :)
The Female Jacob
Settled in Forks

Post by The Female Jacob »

:D Hi there! So cool to see an immediate response! I most certainly feel loved! Give me some patience, I've never been on a forum before so I'm unsure how to use things and where I must go for what. And if I'm a little slow to respond I apologize ahead of time! Hope to see you around the forum!!!!

~Brooke
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Hey Brook
If you like to paint, you should submit a Twilight based picture here. Their is a thread in this forum for artwork. Just an idea.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers