Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by VirginiaMay »

smitten_by_twilight wrote: It might be possible to try some type of surgical procedure using venom to permanently remove it ... if a sharp enough tool could be devised. Or perhaps Renesmee will be one of the small percentage of girls born without a maidenhead. The narrowness of the passage would be tricky but potentially more workable ... that passage is meant to widen when necessary, after all.

It becomes more clear to me why Stephenie has not written Renesmee's story yet!
Oh good Lord, Smitten!! You just gave me the eebie-jeebies. This must be what men feel like when the subject of um, um... (okay, look it's in the Bible, so I'm just going to say it!) circumcision comes up. :?

*runs from the gutter with a squirmy (and not in a good way) feeling*
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Could you imagine Renesmee having to go to Carlisle for that? How would that conversation go?
"Hey grandpa, Jake and I want to..ya know...be together and Jacob's having a bit of trouble..."

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

She better make sure Daddy is thoroughly distracted first. Or out of town!!! (Poor Edward!)
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Hmmm, my opinion is that it is either no problem at all (TW Denali story) or totally impossible (TW universe physics). I don't think the story and the physical universe can be reconciled. If you have to pick one or the other, I think the story has to take priority.

So, if this is really an issue with Nessie, then even Carlisle's intervention isn't necessarily going to make anything easier. Your best hope, if it is an issue, is to come up with a detailed scenario describing unique hybrid properties. That is a logical trap, however. If you go that route, then you have also just proven that the prior customs of the Denali clan were impossible, because you have given priority to TW physics over the TW story.

Think about it. They are like marble statues. TW physics would state that it is impossible for a human to even get to the point where they are able to find out what the "status" of that female statue is like. The shipping lanes aren't simply narrow, they are shut completely down to humans. A human male would have better luck going to bed with a slab of concrete.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Marble statues, yes, but ones that can choose to bend and move of their own volition even though human and apparently vampire touch makes no impression (BD post-change, "my lips held their own shape"). Clearly the Denalis have figured out a way (deep muscle relaxation?) To make this work.

I'm giving myself the eebie-jeebies too. Carlisle is the only one of the family that I can ever picture being mature enough for this conversation. But for the dog-haters, the thought of Jacob imprinting on an immortal eternal virgin might be cheerful!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Smitten, my theory is that the Denali part of the story was written before SM really thought about it, and by then it was too late. However, I would agree that if Nessie's story is ever told then the subject is absolutely going to come up and will be unavoidable. SM can't very well say that it's possible for Nessie because she is different from the Denali women; she would have to come up with an explanation that covers all of them.

Hmmm. Deep muscle relaxation, but beware of cave-ins in case of an earthquake. I shudder to think what happens when something goes wrong.

P.S. As far as the marble statues example goes, I always assumed that was more of a human-to-vamp thing. Post-change, vamp-to-vamp contact would be more akin to human-to-human, at least that was my assumption. How that is possible is one of those TW mysteries, although Edward does tell Bella that she is warm and soft to him; clearly they didn't crack and fall apart like marble statues ten seconds after hitting the cottage. SM can get an easy pass from me for that since she is describing something that is beyond human knowledge. If she says it is possible, then it is.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Kayla, :wave:

Smitten has pointed out to me that you actually tackle this issue in your fic Coalescence, and so I started to read the first story Singularity. It's very good, I'm up to Alice meeting Charles and MaKenna.

I have to admit, I already took a peek. It's amazing what can be alluded to without being graphic; your take on it was actually the same as mine, it was hilarious while at the same time...disturbing. But why didn't I think of that -- PRACTICE! Of course! Shiver my timbers.

BTW, it's great to get back into the canon world of fic. The AH world is great for exploring some areas, but I really think the canon world is better. And while your tale of Alice's backstory with the asylum doesn't sync perfectly with the Guide, I can see that there were some things that came amazingly close to the spirit of what happened.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Corona :wave:

Glad you liked the little snippet of the Denali tale. I'm also really glad you enjoyed some of Alice's story. I have to agree with you about the canon world. I love it.

Yes, practice. Practice and stretching. A good heat source, a good shot of alcohol, a wide port -- that's really all that's needed.
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Hi everyone!!
Welcome to Bella’s Birthday! We’ve been a little busy with the girl’s birthdays this year because Renesmee is now driving! Everyone but Edward and Bella are thrilled with this new development. To celebrate her Cullen “coming of age” birthday, we all got her car related items. Except Jacob who got her a Harley. Edward refuses to speak to him, but Renesmee loves it! If you want to see our gifts to Renesmee, go here. You can post your gifts to the girls there as well! The mods are allowing images today!
Perhaps something fun for Renesmee and calming for Bella would be best. Remember, Renesmee is a driving teen now, and they all need a little help.
What we need you Lexers to do is help Bella and Edward feel a little better about both Bella’s and Renesmee’s 5th birthdays. Their little girl is growing up, and it’s hard for them to let her go.
Please go to the Birthday Wishes thread to wish Bella and Renesmee a happy birthday. And then, if you find the perfect gift for Bella or Renesmee, please post it on the Birthday Gift thread. The first page tells you how.
I hope to see you all at the Birthday Thread!
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

openhome wrote:Yes, practice. Practice and stretching. A good heat source, a good shot of alcohol, a wide port -- that's really all that's needed.
"A wide port"? :blink: Boy, does that skate the edge of PG-13. But yes, that's what I was trying to get across, corona, just Kayla said it first and best.

If anyone wants a new Gutter topic, this one has been running around in my head for weeks: Since cold showers are ineffective or counterproductive, what do overexcited vamp boys do to relax? My top thought, based on Edward's reaction to Bella in the-draft-that-must-not-be-named: Run. Lots.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901