Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by corona »

daffystjob wrote:Thanks for all your replies, I does seem to make sense to me now that that little punch up might be / is due to Jacob's imprinting. I hadnt though too far from the book but as was mentioned it isn't too clear in the book what the immediate affects of the imprinting on Jacobs & Edward's relationship.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
No, it isn't clear, but the text doesn't really support Edward attacking Jacob.

On the other hand, I'm absolutely sure he wanted to.

This scene was always going to have to be changed. And, frankly, if there ever was going to be a time when Edward snapped, this would be it. Yeah, it places Jacob in "victim" status, but it also shows Edward as being very relatable while making it crystal clear that he is the father and is going to be enforcing boundaries on Jacob. And that is a very good thing for everyone, including Jacob.

I would take that scene as the newly updated and improved canon, and just sit back and enjoy it.

JazzGirl, we still get to see Edward "the man" during the delivery and saving Bella's life. This is Edward at his finest hour. If they screw that up, then I'll be mad.

Put those two together, Edward saving Bella's life followed by a major smackdown on Jacob, and Edward would be looking pretty good.

You want a good scene? Imagine Jacob and the Cullens downstairs arguing, and then everyone looks to the staircase and there is Edward staring at Jacob in absolute cold fury. And then he starts stalking him while Jacob starts backing up.

P.S. For Jacob fans, no insult is intended. Trust me, this will actually help him a lot. In fact, everyone will benefit. There were two main problems with that scene, which was the lack of boundaries set down for Jacob, and Jacob's inability to even recognize a need for boundaries. A state of bewilderment with a measure of chagrin would have come off much better for him, so that he is portrayed as at least being aware of the extraordinary delicacy and awkwardness of the situation. The way the canon scene comes off is that Jacob is lost in himself and totally self-absorbed, which is NOT what you want to portray following his imprinting on a baby. Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries. What isn't set in the book must absolutely be set in the movie.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think it's quite plausible that Edward would have snapped like this, and I'm looking forward to seeing him do it! :D
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

It seems that since the vampire and wolf canon has changed for the movie (see inconsistent hair and makeup for vamps and consistent makeup/CG for the wolves), not to mention Edward grabbing Jacob in EC, I'm not surprised that they included a scene where Edward gets upset and throws Jacob over him impringining on Renesmee.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

RebeccaCullen wrote:It seems that since the vampire and wolf canon has changed for the movie (see inconsistent hair and makeup for vamps and consistent makeup/CG for the wolves), not to mention Edward grabbing Jacob in EC, I'm not surprised that they included a scene where Edward gets upset and throws Jacob over him impringining on Renesmee.
Well, there are rumors that we won't have confirmed for a while that in BD2, Jacob get a double-dip on that parental fury from Bella herself.

As far as the hair. Wow. I agree. Each of the directors had their own vision. And, the changes are intentional. As in, there is no screwup, it's what the directors wanted. I just don't get it, especially for Carlisle. I always liked a bit of poof in his hair. Now he looks like some 50's cartoon.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Carlisle's hair looked perfect in number one, and I haven't really liked it since then.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Tornado wrote:Carlisle's hair looked perfect in number one, and I haven't really liked it since then.
I agree. Esme's, and Jasper's hair was best in TW. The only hair I think has really improved since TW, is Rosalie's in EC because Nikki wore a wig.
corona wrote: As far as the hair. Wow. I agree. Each of the directors had their own vision. And, the changes are intentional. As in, there is no screwup, it's what the directors wanted. I just don't get it, especially for Carlisle. I always liked a bit of poof in his hair. Now he looks like some 50's cartoon.
When it's something as noticeable as hair on characters that are supposed to look the same, the constant change is annoying, screw the director's vision of what the character looks like after the character has been cast. Especially since NM, EC and part of BD was filmed here in Vancouver, there should have been the same hair and makeup people, and some sort of consistency between each film.

I mean, the only change that irked me in HP was the dementors. I thought they were perfect in PoA, and wasn't pleased when they were changed in OotP. The only change that would have made sense to me would have been because of change in technology since PoA was made, as was the case with Dobby who appeared in CoS and later DH part 1. I mean, dang, even the Gringotts goblins had some consistency in PS/SS and DH from what I can remember, and were filmed like ten years apart.
daffystjob
Settled in Forks

Post by daffystjob »

RebeccaCullen wrote:
Tornado wrote:Carlisle's hair looked perfect in number one, and I haven't really liked it since then.
I agree. Esme's, and Jasper's hair was best in TW. The only hair I think has really improved since TW, is Rosalie's in EC because Nikki wore a wig.
corona wrote: As far as the hair. Wow. I agree. Each of the directors had their own vision. And, the changes are intentional. As in, there is no screwup, it's what the directors wanted. I just don't get it, especially for Carlisle. I always liked a bit of poof in his hair. Now he looks like some 50's cartoon.
When it's something as noticeable as hair on characters that are supposed to look the same, the constant change is annoying, screw the director's vision of what the character looks like after the character has been cast. Especially since NM, EC and part of BD was filmed here in Vancouver, there should have been the same hair and makeup people, and some sort of consistency between each film.

I mean, the only change that irked me in HP was the dementors. I thought they were perfect in PoA, and wasn't pleased when they were changed in OotP. The only change that would have made sense to me would have been because of change in technology since PoA was made, as was the case with Dobby who appeared in CoS and later DH part 1. I mean, dang, even the Gringotts goblins had some consistency in PS/SS and DH from what I can remember, and were filmed like ten years apart.
I know the vampires in particularly are not suppose to change physically but it doesn't really bother me that much. I can cope with that cos of the time differences in filming the movies.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

corona, Taylor did say directly that Bella beats him up in number two.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Tornado wrote:corona, Taylor did say directly that Bella beats him up in number two.
Oh, thank God for that change. Bella going after Jacob and missing after learning he imprinted on her daughter in the book was disappointing because she felt guilty afterwards for going at him.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Just 30 days to go ...