Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Just read the Unexpected Circumstances update. Wow. That was some gory stuff! Anyone have thoughts on "Princess" Jessica's demise? Was it too much? Part of me wants to think so but... There's this little voice in my head that says "yeah well, people really used to do that kind of thing way back when. It's not like Savage thought of drawing and quartering someone out of her own imagination... I just Googled it to make sure I'm using the appropriate term (I am) and apparently this method of punishment was administered for acts of treason and not abolished in England until 1867!! Certainly makes me thankful to be living in modern times. Although I don't think I'll be mentioning this one moment of thankfulness at dinner next month where I am sure to be asked... LOL. I can just imagine trying to explain where this thought came from. Anyway, I digress.

Caryn - Ginnie's Edward is so sympathize-able isn't he? Amongst all the Darkwards and Evilwards and Domwards and even Nerdwards he really is a gem... Her Humanward is more canon like in nature than anything I've read lately. The only thing non- canonesque about him is that he doesn't feel like a monster due to something dark in his past but, I guess maybe he was supposed to feel that way about himself for being attracted to Bella in the first place but that's not quite the same as an old, dark, secret lurking from the past however... I am so fond of her genuinely good guy Ward, find him so refreshing, that I am more than eager to look past this usually overplayed aspect of Edward's character.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

StellaBlueBella wrote:Caryn - Ginnie's Edward is so sympathize-able isn't he? Amongst all the Darkwards and Evilwards and Domwards and even Nerdwards he really is a gem... Her Humanward is more canon like in nature than anything I've read lately. The only thing non- canonesque about him is that he doesn't feel like a monster due to something dark in his past but, I guess maybe he was supposed to feel that way about himself for being attracted to Bella in the first place but that's not quite the same as an old, dark, secret lurking from the past however... I am so fond of her genuinely good guy Ward, find him so refreshing, that I am more than eager to look past this usually overplayed aspect of Edward's character.
Rachel - I totally agree with you. The only monster part of this Edward is that he inv ink:felt guilty abuot falling for Bella when he thought she was 17. But we find out in the last chapter that he tried to inlist again to get away from her due to his feelings. He knew that it was bad to feel that way towards her. To me, that was Edward's self lothing.

Has anyone else read the last updated chapter in In Your World?
Unexpected Circumstances was awesome!!! King Edward was totally justified in quartering (?) Princess Jessica. She just went crazy. I kind of felt bad for King Aro (I know...I know) because he didn't know what a nut-job his daughter actually was. What in the world was Jessica thinking kidnapping Bella? I went back and read the first few chapters again and I wonder about Bella. We find out that Bella grew up in the Abby where Aro took her from as a playmate to Princess Jessica. We really don't know too much about Bella only she has this puzzle piece bowl of her mom's. I wonder if Bella is some sort or royal or has noble blood in her.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

VirginiaMay wrote:
The entries for The Twilight round of The Canon Tour are up! If you're inclined to read and vote, you better get started!! There are 29 entries (one of them is mine) and voting closes November 2nd!

Arms~ Ah, Caryn... that made me sad, too. I just hope you guys will stick with me, and thank you so much for reading! It means a lot to see it's discussion worthy... more than I can tell you.

Ginnie~ I can't thank you enough for the link to The Canon Tour!! It is how I spent my day in bed on Monday. I literally read almost every entry for the Twilight edition. I need to go back and reread a few before I vote, but I was truly amazed at the level of talent and all of the different submissions. I shouldn't be. But, canon is a touchy subject for me and I was a little nervous about reading. There are several that I'd love to see continued. Thanks, sis!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
StellaBlueBella

Amy - I''m glad you brought that up about Bella's past in UC.... I am wondering when that will play out since there aren't supposed to be that many chapters left.

I think you're right about Edward in Arms... (I'm not sure this needs to be invisible but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Would hate to spoil it for anyone.) He was definitely tormented behind the scenes. We are only now learning just how bad he had it. The thing that is so romantic, for me anyway, about the Saga is that Bella learns all these seemingly unlovable things about Edward - that he is a vampire, that he has killed humans - but it doesn't matter, she loves him completely. I guess that's one of my favorite elements. In away, Arms is like role reversal. She has these issues from her past but nothing would change the way Edward feels or his level of commitment to her. I like it, it's a different spin on things that I find refreshing so I don't want to come across like I am complaining, rather than observing and discussing.

Caryn - A day in bed reading fanfic? Normally I would say I am jealous but I hope everything is alright with you. Gah. I need to get in the HH and catch up. I've hanging around on the fb page put need to pop in the real deal. I"ve heard about the canon tour over on ADF but no endorsement could be as convincing as yours :]

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Jazz Girl wrote: Ginnie~ I can't thank you enough for the link to The Canon Tour!! It is how I spent my day in bed on Monday. I literally read almost every entry for the Twilight edition. I need to go back and reread a few before I vote, but I was truly amazed at the level of talent and all of the different submissions. I shouldn't be. But, canon is a touchy subject for me and I was a little nervous about reading. There are several that I'd love to see continued. Thanks, sis!!!

You are very welcome, Caryn!! I'm still reading along little by little. The quality is really impressive and it is nice to see talented people applying those talents in various homages to the book that started it all. :) (And, I agree. I'd like to see a few continued as well.)

BTW-- :blush: Feel free to discuss Arms and just pretend I'm not here, lol. I'm just thankful that you're reading it!!
StellaBlueBella

Well, I am up to the most current chapter in The Guardian. All I can say it what a soap opera! I honestly am not sure how much I am enjoying this Edward but still, it's an entertaining read. And there are sooooo many Edward-centric fics it is nice to have a truly Bella POV.

I am confused by some of the a/n's though... I take it the author has had some health problems? Anyone know about how often she updates?

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

StellaBlueBella wrote:Well, I am up to the most current chapter in The Guardian. All I can say it what a soap opera! I honestly am not sure how much I am enjoying this Edward but still, it's an entertaining read. And there are sooooo many Edward-centric fics it is nice to have a truly Bella POV.

I am confused by some of the a/n's though... I take it the author has had some health problems? Anyone know about how often she updates?
Yes, Ally's been in and out of the hospital over the last year plus with multiple health issues. At one point, she didn't update for almost a year. It's really hit or miss right now because of that. Thankfully, most of her readers have been very supportive.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Only two more days left in the Twilight round of The Canon Tour!!

I think Fountain of Time is my favorite truly canon entry so far. But then I likeA New Hope a lot in the AU category. For something sort of in the middle, I liked Crush. It was oddly enjoyable.

On The Guardian~ I read a couple of chapters and really couldn't get into it. Edward is suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder if you ask me, and I'm kinda guessing, but Bella seems like she has co-dependence issues. I'm obviously not against the foster-brother/sister thing, or the age difference thing... it's just Edward's instability that turns me off. It's too much. I do wish the author well though. I hadn't caught on to the fact she was sick :(
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Well, UC is just about complete. All that's left is the epilogue. I am going to miss King Edward when it's all over. About the last chapter..I am glad that Savage wrote their last lemon in the throne room :o
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Really quick: I just randomly read A New Hope on the train last week (forgot to bring something else to read, so I had to entertain myself in some way. How terrible! ;) ) and I have to say: WOW!!!! I loved that story! Thanks so much for the link, Ginnie. Really well written too. I'm not familiar with The Canon Tour, but will it be anounched who wrote each story? I'd love to read more from this author.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689