House of Night series by PC and Kristen Cast

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nora
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: House of Night series by PC and Kristen Cast

Post by Nora »

I just finished the third book, Chosen. The ending was so sad to me. I felt bad to Erik, but did he have to be so mean? I hope that everything will work out with Zoey and the Gang. But I don't really understand what's up with Aphrodite? I've liked the series so far, and I'll start with the fourth book soon.
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

I just bought Destined and it's on my shelf waiting to be read. I have about three books in front of it that I have to get through first.
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Nora

Post by Nora »

I've made it to Burned , and the series have changed so much. All the characters have evolved greatly. I like Aphrodite much more now, and I think that Stark is my favorite character right now. The storylines are very interesting, I especially enjoy Stevie Rae's part. I hope Destined come's to out bookstores soon too, and I can't wait to see what happens in the end of Burned.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I have somehow managed to get to Burned. Not sure if I can go on anymore. It is becoming dull and boring to me.
Banner by TammyAZ
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I've been trying to read Burned for more than 3 months now. It's just so long, lol. I think maybe this will be the last one I read, if I ever finish it. I have the rest of the books on my Nook, but I may not get to them until next year.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Nora

Post by Nora »

I find it surprising that many have a problem with reading it. I think that Burned is great, one of the best in the series. But I did have a similar problem with Chosen, the third book. I left it in progress (?) twice.
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

It's not that I have a problem with reading it, I think it's just as good as the rest of them. I'm just tired of the story for now. I need a break. I haven't read them one at a time with release gaps like everyone else has. I've been reading them back to back.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

BlueStarEgo wrote:It's not that I have a problem with reading it, I think it's just as good as the rest of them. I'm just tired of the story for now. I need a break. I haven't read them one at a time with release gaps like everyone else has. I've been reading them back to back.
I agree with you. I think she used the wrong choice of words I can read just fine. I was tired of the story line. I think it is to long to draw it out of 12 books. I think she could've wrapped it up in maximum 6 books. I know a lot of viewers felt this way just by reading the ratings.
Banner by TammyAZ
Nora

Post by Nora »

Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone. Guess I did use the wrong words. And of course, everyone is different. I just found it hard to believe that so many don't like the series. I've read them back to back too. Sorry,if I insulted anyone . :|
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Nope, no worries. You didn't upset anyone. =) I just wanted to clarify that it's not that I don't like the series anymore. I like it just the same as I've always liked it. It's just that I think 7 books back to back is enough for me right now. I'll definitely come back to it at a later date. :)

I do agree with you, Desiree. I think they could have ended this series a couple of books ago. But, I'm just speaking for me. I've talked to lots of girls who are still thrilled about the story. I feel like this with The Morganville Vampires too. I've been trying to finish Carpe Corpus for months as well.