Black Dagger Brotherhood

KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

I would say Tohr would be first since he is offically part of the Brotherhood.

Yea i am with Ladydi Bring Wellsie back! Please> But i hove no idea what will happen. That is what is so great about J.R.'S writing!
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I think the WARDen is waiting for Tohr to heal as well. GNE is right, it is too soon for Tohr. Plus, on the discussion boards, it was stated that Wellsie is not coming back, she prefers to stay in (can't remember the word) heaven with their son. However, I feel that she doesn't want to see him suffer and would prefer he move on so he can be happy again. If I was to die, I wouldn't want my hubby to be alone and sad, spending the rest of his days pining for me. I know he loves me and because I love him, I want him to be happy. I doubt he'd ever love anyone as much as me, but at least he could find a companion to bring him some joy for the rest of his days. I think Wellsie would have the same sentiment. It doesn't cheapen their love, he won't love anyone as much as he loved her, but at least he wouldn't be alone.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Una: Was it you or VampSiren who provided us with a possible book list? I mean...the warriors who have their books next. It was on the old Lex and was stated right after Phury's book was released. First and foremost the series is about a hot sexy tortured vampire warrior meeting his soulmate. Do you think Tohr is exempt from this? I surely don't.

I agree with Una. Wellsie wouldn't want Tohr to be miserable. She loved him too much to want to see him angry and alone.

Rhev is pretty much an honorary Brother. He is technically a brother-in-law. LOL He has special abilities that will prove helpful. I really like Rhev, but I'm very curious over how he will find a nice girl to bake with.
O-U-C-H!!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I think it was both VampSiren and I. The books to follow the Compendium is Rev's due out in May 2009 and then in no particular order, the next books will be: JM/Tehrror, Payne, Tohrment, and Qhuinn.

Rehvenge is up after Phury and then in no particular order: JM/Tehrror, Payne, Tohrment, Qhuinn.
You are definitely right, each warrior is cursed (something I believe the Scribe Virgin says). Each one has such power/gifts and yet they pay dearly for them. Wrath is blind, Rhage has his beast, Butch's compulsion as destroyer to eat the enemy & suffer sever indigestion, V the hand that burns, Z was tortured, Phury's addiction, etc. If you remember, Tohr didn't really have a curse. He was OVERLY blessed to find his mate when he transitioned. But look, now he is tortured, he has now paid the price for being a warrior and having it SO great for a few hundred years. As soon as he gets back into fighting shape, he'll find someone to be his companion and bring some joy back to his now miserable existence.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

So has anyone found the compendium early? I looked today, but no luck. I'm getting good at this pacing thing.

No one wants Thor to be alone, but can he actually bond again?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

My guess would be yes. There is a term in the glossary of the BDB books that states that a male can be bonded with more than one woman. I can't remember the term. I'll have to check Phury's book and get back to you.

Una, I think you're talking about the Fade. I don't think Wellsie will come back. :cry: Ward's already done the "brought back to life" as a ghost with Jane. I wonder if that's the same thing as reincarnation? I do think that Tohr was overly blessed, which is why taking your mate is such the highest form of cruelty.

Is the SV cursed? I wouldn't think so for the Omega, but since she is the "creator" of the Brotherhood does she follow the same pattern?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Tohr can bond again, I'm sure. It isn't as if he & Wellsie fell out of love or divorced. They had a very passionate love, but she was killed too soon. I think this reason alone is why Tohr will bond again. I can see his book now. He will fight bonding with someone. Most of our warriors have put up a huge fight, but I don't think we have seen a fight yet that will compare to Tohr's. The whole book will be about his fighting it and feeling guitly. Perhaps we will get a ghostly visit from Wellsie giving him permission to love again...maybe not even permission..maybe she will encourage him to bond.

Yes, Tohr's life was blessed before Wellsie died. If I'd had been Tohr, I would've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. During my last re-read I couldn't help notice how many people noticed how "adjusted" or "normal" Tohr appeared to be pre-tragedy.

You know I feel the SV is cursed. However, I feel that it was her own doing. She created the vampire race. She created Vishous. She chained Payne. The SV did bring about most of her own despair.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I concur, GNE. When I read Tegan's book from the MB series, I thought Tohr's book would be similar. Of course, Tegan had several centuries and Tohr's wounds still seem fresh but I thought they were kind of similar. As we've seen in the previous books, all of the Brothers and shellans are parallel/have something in common that brings them together. Tohr will follow the same pattern. He will most likely bond with someone who has also had a great loss. I wonder if Wellsie will guide him to that person kinda like Eva did with Rio. Ok, I'll stop with the MB connections/theories. Mea culpa. :oops: :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

It's more than ok, CG. I draw parallels constantly. It's difficult not to. I agree that Tohr will find someone who has also suffered greatly. I'm so excited to have this thread moving along again. I've really missed it.

Where's VampSiren anyway?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I talked to VampSiren last week. It was her birthday and she spent a kid-free week with her mom and sister. I expect to see her back when she cleans up the mess that inevitably happened in her absence.

I felt like Phury's book was a marathon in denying/fighting bonding. How do you think Thor's struggle would be different?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry