Changing Passwords

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
the_english_cal
Settled in Forks

Changing Passwords

Post by the_english_cal »

I recently forgot my password, so you guys reset it. Unfortunately this new password isn't something so easily remembered. Lol. Is there a way to change my password to something of my choice?
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Re: Changing Passwords

Post by 24601 »

the_english_cal wrote:I recently forgot my password, so you guys reset it. Unfortunately this new password isn't something so easily remembered. Lol. Is there a way to change my password to something of my choice?
To reset your password go to the User Control Panel --> profile --> Edit Account Settings. Here is a link

Let us know if you need anything else.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
bella21
Settled in Forks

Post by bella21 »

I became a memeber of the twilight lexicon just recently, and I've not been on here for a while. In the process, I have forgotten my password, I can't remember my orginal password. So I can't reset it, if you can help me, please do. I already know how to reset my passoword I just want my orginal password so I can change it.

Bella21 :(
Bella21
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

If memory serves me, the login screen has a link "Forgot your Password?" or something like that. If you click on it, a new password will be sent to the email address you registered under. So long as you still have access to that email, you can then collect that password and use it to reset your password via the User Control Panel.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
bella21
Settled in Forks

Post by bella21 »

I've already done that, I just cant remember my orginial password so I can reset for a new one.. lol I'm totally stuck.
Bella21
December

Post by December »

If you click on "I forgot my password" don't you get sent a new one? (Sorry to be a bit uncertain here; I haven't had to do this myself!)
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Bella21, does your computer automatically log you on? Is that why you can post but can't remember? If that's the case, please pm me or 24601 (our wonderful tech guy) and we will tell you what to do off the boards.
Thanks!
December

Post by December »

If you click on Logout (top right of window, below searchbox) that will take you to the Login screen. From there you can click on "I forgot my password" and get a new pw sent to your email as described above.

If you can't figure out how to get back in after you logout, email 24601 at [email protected] and he can help you.