Time Zones

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Time Zones

Post by dazzel21 »

Yay timezones. One of the most confusing methods ever created :lol: :lol:

Well I'm from the Philippines, located Southeast of Asia, we are +8 GMT. One of the first to see the sunrise and sunset. Being the exact opposite of the majority of the members of the thread when it comes to time I have no choice but to learn the time differences in various parts of the globe.

A bit confusing but still fun to do...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I'm from England, so GMT +0 and it always confuses me when I enter different timezones :/ It's the weirdest method ever.
Who actually devised the system to catagorise and take note of time? Why are there so many hours in a day?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

dazzel21 wrote:Yay timezones. One of the most confusing methods ever created :lol: :lol:

Well I'm from the Philippines, located Southeast of Asia, we are +8 GMT. One of the first to see the sunrise and sunset. Being the exact opposite of the majority of the members of the thread when it comes to time I have no choice but to learn the time differences in various parts of the globe.

A bit confusing but still fun to do...
haha! Me too ^^ I'd never really thought about timezones until I joined the lex... and I have to think what time it is for someone else all the time!

Timezones are confusing. Very confusing! but at the same time, they're fun and interesting too!

I'm from Australia so we are +9.30GMT.. Just thinking that most of my lex friends are yet to experience the time or day that I'm experiencing yet is crazy. It's even crazier talking to people who are going to sleep, when you've just woken up! :?
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Total Twilight Fan wrote: Why are there so many hours in a day?
hihi I've been wondering about that as well...

we did the Rob's birthday bash over at the HH...it was so weird...when I got to bed the day before the most eastern part of the world was already celebrating...and when I woke up the day after the US was still in full party mode...
so I guess that on le a day has much more hours like 72....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

So I am in the Mountain time zone. (I'm up WAAAAY TOO late again.) We observe daylight savings time & I find it really annoying sometimes. Like this weekend the time is changing it's nice because this time we fall back & get an extra hour. It's so cool & crazy how it can be the middle of the night here but some lexers are just waking up or whatever. I've always lived in mountain & it would probably screw me up so bad if I moved to a different one. Sometimes I wish we were like Arizona & didn't observe daylight savings.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

I live in Finland so is it fair if I just say the "Helsinki time zone"? I lived in Ohio for 10yrs and the rest of my family still lives theer so its a 7hr time difference which is incredibly inconveniant when trying to keep in touch. We survive though :) Finland observes daylight savings as well, but it really doesn't help much because we're so up North that we reach a point when we have about 2hrs of daylight no matter what...the joys of the North :roll: :lol: at least the Aurora Borealis lights up our skies :)
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

pennybug84 wrote:So I am in the Mountain time zone. (I'm up WAAAAY TOO late again.) We observe daylight savings time & I find it really annoying sometimes. Like this weekend the time is changing it's nice because this time we fall back & get an extra hour. It's so cool & crazy how it can be the middle of the night here but some lexers are just waking up or whatever. I've always lived in mountain & it would probably screw me up so bad if I moved to a different one. Sometimes I wish we were like Arizona & didn't observe daylight savings.
I'm in the Mountain time zone too! Whenever I spend a long amount of time in another time zone it really messes with my sleep lol! I enjoy being in the Mountain time zone most of the time though :)
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^