Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MoonlessNight
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by MoonlessNight »

I have a fanfic that I'd like to recommend. It's called Written in the Stars by Lissa Bryan. The characters/scene play are a cross between Avatar (James Camron) and Star Trek.
Bella is a human girl who is about ready to "call it quits" when she gets kidnapped and taken to a whole other galaxy.
I just read that too! I wasn't sure if it was something I'd like, but I have to say that it was addictive. I couldn't stop reading it!
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

MoonlessNight ~ Hi there. If you like fanfiction, PM me and I can send you some fanfics that I have read and currently reading.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

:o
VolturiGirl wrote:I have a fanfic that I'd like to recommend. It's called Written in the Stars by Lissa Bryan. The characters/scene play are a cross between Avatar (James Camron) and Star Trek.
Bella is a human girl who is about ready to "call it quits" when she gets kidnapped and taken to a whole other galaxy.
I totally second this rec!!

Plus I love her two new WIPs The Selkie Wife and The Better Angels of Our Nature. "Angels" is my favorite of the two new ones but I think the other one actually has more reviews. Both have limited and tasteful citrus.

Oh! I almost forgot to say she updates DAILY. Sometimes, both fics update in one day. It is amazing. I don't know how she can come up with quality updates so quickly and so consistently but... She does it. Plus, she's really good at replying to any questions you leave in a review.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So, my embargo against WiPs causes me to miss the boat on a lot. But, I just have to say, I finished Last Tango in Forks on my trip and holy hell, did that one do a number on me!! Still trying to work up the nerve to start The Blessing & the Curse. I'm such a wuss. Any other completed recs for me, friends?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Caryn - Here is a fanfic that is completed that I have not been able to put down. I'm not done with it yet, but it is so good. It's called A Rought Start by ItzMegan73. Overnight irresponsible Edward goes from bachelor to father of a 5 yr old son. Meanwhile responsible, prepared Bella begins her first job as Kindergarten teacher at Forks Elementary. When irresponsible meets the epitome of responsible, sparks will fly!

Or, if you prefer some DarkWard, Grasping Darkness is right up your alley. The story is done, but the author has not done an epilogue.
A dark angel visits Bella Swan in her dreams, filling her with lust and unparalleled pleasure, but what happens when the line between fantasy and reality starts to blur? Rated M for language & dark themes.

I hope that helps.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Heyyyy guys!! Wanted to stop by and say hi as I always do :) This visit has a specific purpose though. Does everyone know what SOPA and PIPA are? Stop Online Piracy Act and Protect IP Act. If these are passed there will be no more fanfiction.

At all.

It would become illegal for sites to carry copyrighted material without official approval of the owner. Fanfiction.net would be shut down, Twilighted.net would be shut down. Any blogging or livejournal account where ff authors keep their works (like Gin and Ang) would be deleted by the host due to these laws. Not only fanfiction but "covers" of our favorite songs, fandom "music videos" and "fan made trailers" on youtube, or the fan made posters put on deviant art. The message boards we use right now, phpbb, will need to follow this rules also and it could lead to all MBs being censored also. And this isn't just "oh its already illegal to download music and movie." This is "you will be put on trial and/or sued" type of illegal.

If you're still confused:
http://vimeo.com/34452294
http://vimeo.com/31100268

If you aren't sure how serious this is. Wikipedia and craiglist found it important enough to go black for the entire day. Sign the petitions. Pass the videos along.

Wish I had a happier post to make, but this is very important!

xox
AB
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

VolturiGirl wrote:Caryn - Here is a fanfic that is completed that I have not been able to put down. I'm not done with it yet, but it is so good. It's called A Rought Start by ItzMegan73. Overnight irresponsible Edward goes from bachelor to father of a 5 yr old son. Meanwhile responsible, prepared Bella begins her first job as Kindergarten teacher at Forks Elementary. When irresponsible meets the epitome of responsible, sparks will fly!
Amy & Caryn - I read this story last year - I thought it was really good too! A good read & some very sweet moments! :)

Amanda Beth - Thanks for those links. Tbh I don't completely understand what it was about, but did read up on it last week. It's actually kinda scary that this could maybe happen... :(
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

The New Moon round of the Canon Tour has opened!

29 canon (or nearly canon) stories entered anonymously, voting for about the next month. One is my first Twilight story (first story period for a long time), one is by a rather more established author, also a Lex denizen. Read, review, vote! EDIT: Fanfiction.net, search author=thecanontour.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Can someone post the direct link to the canon tour? Having trouble finding it. Thank you.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »