Happy Monday, All!
I’ve worked my way up to driving and low-stress outings!!! If the walking is far, I take my crutches. Yesterday, Sonny Boy and I saw Hugo
– what a delightfully charming movie!!! Today Sonny and I went to our favorite Nepalese restaurant for lunch. (he’s still home for a few days break)
Daughter Dear is in Mexico City now – she made it there safely. Thank God our cell phones work in Mexico, so I know she got there. This is her first international trip on her own. She is staying with one friend until Wednesday and then taking a bus to Cuernavaca to stay with another friend until Saturday when she’ll come home. For those who don’t know – she is a senior in college on her interim break. Of course, I’m not old enough to have a child that age…..especially not old enough to have waited until I was over 30 to have her…..
Twilight Related Rant
– I just saw the lame excuse for a Twilight Valentine at my local Walgreen's tonight. Guess what??? It’s that same lame picture of the three of them!!!!
Come on, people!! Surely they could have found some romantic wedding or honeymoon shots to use?? I mean, BD1 settled the issue of who got Bella!!! We don’t need Jake in there!! Caryn
– you’d better be prepared for the BD2 Marketing – The same picture of the three of them except Bella will be a vamp and holding Renesmee. My question is – Do they WANT to make money on merch??? Anyway – we have to rectify this situation – we have to take it upon ourselves to create our own Valentines!!! – Marielle
– Is that service you used for your Christmas Cards something that can be used other times of the year?
Now, on to your posts!Jaclyn
– Kudos for getting tix to Bel Ami! Passport with married name??? I guess you really have to go through with it now. Love your Hen Night dress (we don’t call it that in the U.S. I think we call them stagette parties?) It’s so exciting getting all of your wedding details taken care of now – a wonderful time of your life. Just try to enjoy and allow some things to go wrong. You can laugh about it later. Regarding bras – my experience is that you have to spend the money for something good – it will last longer anyway. Go to a shop where they have professional fitters. I got a $76 bra (one that Oprah recommended) and it has been holding up (no pun intended) extremely well. Of course you don’t have as many years to hold up as I do….(Sorry, Sean!)Lynne
– I think it is great that you helped out painting that house last weekend. You sure walk the talk!How is your little guy doing in school now that he's used to the routine? I'll bet he loves it!Songbird
– I love Jane Austin too – I’ve found that most of us “mature” Twifans are Austin lovers as well. The ultimate is the BBC Colin Firth P&P…..I own it – come to think of it, it would be a great way to while away the hours of resting my knee! I’m glad you know what Gamelan is and that it is a bit of a challenge for us Westerners to learn. You sure are a dependable mega poster! (This is a good thing.) You remind me of myself before things started to fall apart! I’ve been told that I was the one who started perpetuating the megapost…Are you my alter ego??? HAHAHA!Caryn
– Congrats to Biggun for his gold rating! So funny – you didn’t mention the words “Super” and “Bowl” at all when you said the country was paying attention to your fair city this week. I’m just lucky that I sort of know it is happening... There have been many a year when I am driving around town on that day and notice just how little traffic there is!! I know – it’s hard to believe, isn’t it? Thanks for the OscarRumors. I agree that they wouldn’t appear together – yet. I think it will be after Breaking Dawn 2 has passed, and the focus on them as a couple has waned.Marielle
– How have you been feeling? You sound good to me. Early birthday party last weekend? For someone in your family, perhaps?
– Sorry you didn’t get to submit something for the New Moon Canon tour. Maybe it will be fun for you to just be a reader without worries of how your fic is being reviewed.
– Yay for the good weekend! You need that to help you make it through another week of work. Your friend is really nice to offer to watch the kids so you can Lex! I can get my knee wet, but I am not supposed to immerse it in the bathtub yet. I don’t usually take baths, so that’s not really a problem.Sean
– I'll keep my fingers crossed for your mom's job. Yay for your little brother getting his own laptop!! How much younger is he than you? We ARE having an unseasonably warm winter, which is nice, although there are still some extremely cold days sprinkled in there, as you well know.Tonise
– A huge KUDOS for being RBell Free for ONE WHOLE YEAR! That sure was a lucky day you set foot in EPIC Church. Good luck making it to the Gym everyday. I know that is so hard to fit into your busy schedule.Tracy
– Thanks for the good news on the 15 Classification for Bel Ami. Of course we had a few hints on that…. With Rob DuGeorges bedding three different women, how could it not be so? I’m taking a full two weeks off of work, so I will go back on Wednesday, February 8 for a short week. It will be good to then have the weekend to rest up before a full week. Sonny Boy had a great J-Term class and is ready to make a good start on Spring Semester on Wednesday.
– Good luck on your Canon Tour entry!!! I don’t know if I’ll get to reading them all, so you’ll have to tell me which one was yours after it’s all over so I can read it. Congrats on your first story, by the way!
– Nice to see you!!! Love the Birthday Banner you made! How are your classes going this semester so far?
– I’m so happy your mom is coming to visit in April!!! Wow. Maybe you two will make some future plans! I hope everything will be OK with your MIL while your mom is there….
See you tomorrow!