Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello all~

For whatever it's worth....according to the Robsessed site Bel Ami is listed on Fandango's site with a release date of March 2nd. Personally, I'll believe it when I see the words Bel Ami posted in large letters on a marquee at my local arthouse theater. :roll:

Susie~ I know you and hubs are both relieved that Daughter Dear made it safely to Mexico, and I'm sure she'll have a wonderful trip. I'm also glad to hear SonnyBoy had a great J-term class--is that like a more intensive single class taken during the month of January? It sounds as if he'll be well settled and ready to go when the new semester begins....good for him. I just knew Hugo was the kind of movie you would enjoy. ;) I recommended it here after the kids and I saw it over Christmas break. I too thought it was captivating and visually stunning, and was very impressed by the acting of the two young co-stars. I'm glad to hear you'll have a full two weeks off work, and can gradually get back into the swing of things. Happy 2nd Lexiversary to you! We're so blessed that you found your way here....and yes, you "unofficially" instituted the megapost. :write: :D

Sean~ To what sort of group are you referring in your post? I'm sorry they haven't been very helpful in your job search, but calling them to touch base may be a good idea. I'm looking forward to seeing Kristen's SWaTH promotional pictures and appearances this winter and spring as she's looked quite gorgeous in costume and make-up as Snow White.

Lynne~ I'm glad to hear the sun has finally made an appearance where you are. Did you get finished with the painting? I'm sorry Little Man shed a few tears about school today, but it's probably only a bit of temporary separation anxiety because your husband won't be home until late tonight. Truly, it sounds as if he's adjusted like a champ. ;)

Jaclyn~ Two megaposts from you in one day? :o You go girl! :D Congrats on purchasing your tickets for the Bel Ami premiere. I hope you (and your bf) know we HH members will be living vicariously through you in Glasgow next month. Your wedding plans are coming together so nicely. We can't wait to see pictures and know that you'll be such a lovely bride. :D Enjoy these last couple of months as you immerse yourself in planning and details, details, details. Remember to breathe! Enjoy trying on your dress again tomorrow, and be sure to touch base with us afterwards, when you have time. A strapless dress will be gorgeous and very flattering on your figure I imagine, and almost always look very classic and understated and elegant. I wish strapless dresses had been in vogue when I was married almost nineteen years ago.

Songbird~ Is the Rupert Grint video you mentioned the one where he sort of stalks the singer? I saw that, and it was pretty funny. Pride and Prejudice is probably my favorite Jane Austen novel, followed very closely by Sense and Sensiblity. I love the movie version of S&S best, primarily because of Alan Rickman's portrayal of Colonel Brandon. :swoon: I also enjoy (and own) the BBC miniseries version of P&P (and what's not to love about a sweaty Colin Firth diving headfirst into the lake? 8-) ). I also liked the movie version of P&P with Keira Knightly, and fell in love with the gorgeous soundtrack. I'm always impressed by the fact that you go to the gym to exercise, and ride your bike to and from the gym. You go, girl!

Caryn~ I'm glad you're having relatively balmy weather there this week as most Super Bowl attendees will probably appreciate that. I hope you survive the chaos and craziness of the week with your sanity intact. I would love for Rob and Kristen to appear (separately or together) on the Oscars this year. You're absolutely right....it's nice timing for both of them and would be good promotion for each of their upcoming projects. The appearances would make more sense this year and be based on their merit as actors and as a result of their upcoming projects, as opposed to trying to attract younger viewership beause they were seen as "the next big thing" at the 2009 Oscars, if that makes any sense. All we can do is keep fingers and toes crossed and send positive vibes that we'll hear good and reliable news about a Bel Ami release in the U.S. soon.

Marielle~ I hope work went well today, and I'm glad you had a nice time visiting with your Mom, aunt, and other family members this past weekend.
Banner by TammyAZ
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

*runs in for a quickie post*

Hi! :wave: Yes I'm still alive lol. I'm catching up on posts. Loving the decorations for the new thread! :swoon:

Ginnie was kind enough to loan me her Kindle so that I could read Bel Ami (which I will post my thoughts about) and then I figured out how to get to FFn on it. Long story short, I'm pretty much addicted to the Kindle now and I really wish I could afford one of my own.

I'll be back soon with a real post.

*leaves present by the HH door*
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Little Man was fine when I picked him up from school today. He went to the library, which is going to become a favourite place, I'm sure! He's a little tired this afternoon, but he's been so busy with school and going to Ipswich to help us paint on the weekend I'm not surprised.

Tracy - we got the first coat done, and our church will go back on Sunday to do the second coat.

Christina - thanks for your gift. There's nothing like finding something at the door when you walk in! :D
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

I had such a good score yesterday!!! I have booked my plane tickets from Chicago back home 200 euro cheaper than I initially could find… I’m now flying with American Airline to NYC and than from there to Dusseldorf, it’s an German airport not to far from my parents, my dad agreed to pick us up there…

Something else, it’s freaking cold here in Holland!! It seems that winter has finally found this silly little country…and you know what happens than the people here get skating-fever!!!
We have a long tradition of ice-skating and nothing beats skating on natural ice and this fever end in the biggest, coldest hardest ice-skating marathon. It’s held on the lakes in the north of the country and is named the 11-cities marathon, last time we had it was in 1997 when we had 3 weeks of temps below -5C…everybody in this country is already getting the fever… you can compare it with a world cup soccer or something…

Now posts…

Caryn, it would be nice to see Rob making the red carpet for the Oscars…heavens knows we can do with a new set of red carpet pictures…
I have been told the same, there aren’t many people who regularly remember dreams in detail, for me it’s the other way around, I rarely not remember every detail.

Songbird, yeah I saw that clip with Rupert, that singer looks seriously a lot like Rupert…

Jaclyn, it seems like you are going for the strapless all around, I’m impressed I would never dare that… I’m sure that you have time enough to get the dress properly tailored if it doesn’t fit perfectly yet…
As long as you can dance in your shoes you can go for anything but never forget that you have to stand for a long time, shaking people’s hand…

Susie, happy lexiversary!!!!
Yes, I’m making my Christmas cards for you at the website, Greetz.nl it’s a dutch side but I’m pretty sure that there are US sites for that as well, I believe hallmark is doing that service as well…
I was at the bday party of my best friend’s daughter and her bf…their little girl turns 3 tomorrow and her bf had his bday last week so while I was in the area I dropped by…
Things are going pretty good actually, I have been busy with my traveling plans so I forget about the depressing winter, and a possible new opportunity has opened up at my work, which I’m hoping to get, it will mean a nice and variation in the job… besides that the only downer is that I can’t seem to loose the weight I want… I have to work on a solution for that…

Lynne, hihihi you make me laugh girl…I miss the sun too, or at least the warmth that comes along with it…

Sean, if you really want something, a job or anything you can’t sit around and wait for people to do something for you, you’ve got to step up and get on top of things…a support group can be very useful but you have to get them to do the work for you…

As Sean said, Kris is doing some photoshoot in Paris..., I feel so sorry for her... it's freaking cold even in Paris these days...but she sure looks stunning
any idea what she is doing with Lagerfeld?

work is calling... see you all later!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Tracy: It's some group that helps people find jobs, so it's like a job placement service. I'll try and have a meeting with them before I decide to leave or not.

Marielle: I've looked online and at the bulletin board at the library when I go there (the list job openings for there and other places), and I've had the same amount of luck with that as I've had with working with them. In fact, in the time since I started working with them, I only got the library job, and that's largely because I persisted with it.

The problem here is that there are simply no jobs really, especially with that GM plant closing. But even before that happened, I had a hard time landing a job anywhere, really. If the economy was better, I might have an easier time finding something, but that's not happening right now.

I hope that after my meeting that either some things will be straightened out or I know what I'm gonna do as far as staying on with them or not. Because since my original worker resigned, things haven't been going well at all between me and them.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Be back with an actual post soon...

Please allow me to demonstrate why my brain is struggling to form coherent thought at the moment.

First, they hit me with this.

Then this came flying in from the side.

My verbal response was... well... decidedly colorful and NOT PG13.

My physical response was much more straightforward.

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

HOLY FREAKING BLUE EYES!!!!

:swoon: :swoon:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So, here's my actual post. My thoughts have returned... somewhat. Between hiking,tank-topped Rob with all the chest-flauntage and blue-eyed scoundrel Rob... I'm just.... *whimper*

Songbird~ Thanks for posting the link. Of course, as soon as I requested it, it started popping up all over the place.

Jaclyn~ Can’t wait to see your dress. I’m sure you will look absolutely beautiful. I love your ‘hen night’ dress; very chic. When are you having your party? GAH!!! You lucky ducky!!! We’re still struggling to make hide or hair of a freaking release date in the states. I can’t wait to read all of your thoughts about it.

Susie~ Happy Happy Lexiversary, sweetie. It’s been so absolutely wonderful having you here. As hard as it might be to believe, I’m so over the idiocy of their marketing department that it’s frightening. Now, that’s not to say that I won’t have very strong opinions about the images they produce. But, honestly, they’ve screwed it up for four films. Why should I expect that they’d magically pull their collective head from their collective hind-end for the last go-round? I’ll ignore it completely and concentrate on the actual movie images. Those are enough to be concerned with. TeeHee, you’re right, I didn’t mention either word. It is, in a word, chaos in our fair city. Road closures galore, highly increased traffic in what is already a very compact city, and just mass crowding. However, the weather has been stellar (apart from a bit of wind) and we really are making a serious impression. That’s good for our city and for our state. I just wish certain people who deserve none of the credit weren’t taking all of it. And, as much as I am all for economic boons, I can’t wait for the lot of them to leave me in peace.

Amy~ I’m glad you found them helpful enough to save. I probably should have done that, but never thought to.

Lynne~ I’m not pinning my hopes on it either, but a girl has to have something to look forward to, right? I always watch the Oscars, but it would make it extra special sweet to know he/they were there. It ramps up the anticipation for each crowd shot to try and spot him and see with whom he’s rubbing elbows. Poor LittleMan. I’m sure he’ll be fine once he can chat with Daddy again. Littlun’ is like that as well when one of us is travelling.

Sean~ That’s awful about feeling so disconnected from your group. They are supposed to be helpful and a line of communication and you aren’t getting any of that. I saw Ms. Kris’ pictures for VF and she looks… stunning.

Tracy~ I thought I was seeing things when my Fandango alert popped up about that. I’m not holding my breath, given all the crazy that’s been around this film from the go. But, I’m remaining… cautiously optimistic! That poster certainly went a long way towards bolstering that optimism.

Christina~ Teehee!! Kindle’s can definitely be addictive. If you can splurge, go for the Fire. It’s the perfect mix of accessibility and reader. :D

Marielle~ Well, I’m hoping that the Red Carpet in Berlin will be good to us. However, there’s just something about the Oscar carpet that is… special. Yes ma’am, that was a huge part of my reaction as well. I rarely see them looking that blue.

Okay, must be off. Lunch date with the girls from the office. Laters!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Just a quick one before I go to bed (finally!).

I just met an old friend online on my Facebook page. I used to go to school with her and her mother was a friend of my parents. Astonishingly, she doesn't live too far away from me, either. So we'll probably be writing each other for a while, and I'll try and send her a message tonight--we just chatted for a few minutes, and only that. She has a job interview and I have to get some sleep.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi All!

Gotta take Sonny Boy back to college today - a 20 minute drive only. We've been working on his laptop, clearing out the virus and re-installing stuff. We'll get the college IT folks to install the free college anti-virus software since our pricey software won't load again.

RobDream - Thanks to the Turning Page vid that Caryn posted on facebook. I think it was staring at his face intently that made it dream material. Definitely PG13, but it was very nice since it involved, falling in love......

Caryn - :swoon: Thank you for that. I'm absolutely thrilled that there finally is a poster showing Rob at his gorgeous best. Can't wait for this movie!! Regarding those pols taking credit for your city/state - I know what you are talking about. Any luck things will change in November? Our State folks are making such an embarrassment of themselves that they risk being booted out. We have the antithesis of your Gov. He's doing his best considering the legislature is apparently brain dead. Enough said.

Sean - NEVER give up on a job support group or any group, for that matter. What will eventually lead to success for you is a combination of forces - you as an individual, any kind of support group/counseling, and personal networking. Do it all. Try to have a positive attitude - you'll get more results that way. Even if you have to "fake" a positive attitude, do it. No one has to know that you might not actually be feeling positive at all. Sorry about the economic conditions of your town. All the more reason to use all your resources. Hooray for finding an old friend on facebook! I hope you can develop it further and possibly get together.

Marielle
- Congrats on finding that great airfare! You certainly were very creative. I'm so happy things are looking up for you at work! That will make such a huge difference. Keep us posted. I'll check out the Hallmark site. It was fun chatting on fb today!

Tracy - Sorry, I must have missed your Hugo review back when I was limiting my online time during Christmas break. Again, we share the same exquisite taste in movies. March 2 for Bel Ami...That is only a month away!!! I really am afraid that it will be too much for me to handle, though. By the way, I've been a good girl about doing my exercises and I have an appointment with my PT tomorrow.

Lynne - Your son probably was sad about not seeing his dad. Aww. Daddy's boy, perhaps? That's so sweet.

Christina - Now we know why you've been MIA: Christina + Kindle + Fanfiction = Total Absorption and Social Isolation. For your own good, you'd better hold off on buying an e-reader of any kind. 8-)

Bye for now!