Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VolturiGirl »

Has anyone else read Savage's Transcendence? The story is now complete. It's about Bella and CaveWard. I loved it. In case you haven't read it, all the answers to the fic about how Bella got there will be revealed in the last two chapters.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

SweetKay wrote:Well, well imagine my surprise and delight as I was watching the Today Show this morning and they did a story on the interesting, hottest new read scorching it's way thru the book clubs and women's groups:

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY!!!! :swoon: :clap:

"Our" Master of the Universe!!! The author E. L. James took the story and broke it up into a trilogy of books, Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed. Edward's name is Christian Grey and Bella's name is Anastasia Steele. It has gotten very good reviews. This just has to be an author's dream to have a story done on their books on the TODAY SHOW!! OMG!! :shock: Here is the link to the books at B&N:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fifty-s ... es+of+grey

We were first to read and discuss!! (We have FABULOUS taste!!!) I LOVE this story!!
I do have to say, Kay... It's not the same in Orig. Fiction. I read MOTU & its sequel, and for the most part really enjoyed it. But as many of us feared, if you take away the chemistry of the original pair, and the given knowledge that the protagonists are absolute soulmates who are 100% fated to be together (or whatever it is about Edward/Bella pairings that keeps us coming back) then you lose some of the magic. It's also somewhat choppy and abrupt in parts because of the fact that it was condensed to make it marketable. Given that, to a brand-new reader I can't imagine it being quite the same as MOTU was to us. It wasn't even the same to me, someone who can remember that these are supposed to be two people who just belong together.

The funny thing is, and is a huge tribute to Icy, is that none of that is stopping people from buying it and reading it. In fact, the only complaints I've seen about it on Amazon, Goodreads, etc. is that it comes off as a BDSM based erotica novel and there is actually very little BDSM beyond the initial few instances in the first book. Apparently, it just isn't hard-core enough for that particular reader-set. Yet they're reading it, as are people who say that isn't usually their thing (which includes me, for sure)! I think it's amazing that it was discussed on the Today Show though & am very happy for Icy. She's a genuinely kind & humble person and deserves the accolades for her hard work. :clap:

Also... Amy, I read Transcendence as well and loved it. So much fun and heart!! Oh, and if you didn't know, "Caveward" has (or had) a Twitter. You can apparently stop by and say, "hoh!" anytime. Also there are pics & a video I think.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

VolturiGirl wrote:Has anyone else read Savage's Transcendence? The story is now complete. It's about Bella and CaveWard. I loved it. In case you haven't read it, all the answers to the fic about how Bella got there will be revealed in the last two chapters.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Ehd & Beh... or should I say LUFFS!! ;-) A quick light read with a sci fi twist. Just made me happy!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

On Chap 37 right now. Transcendance is *funny*. And Caveward is so sweet and earnest, and such a family man.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Jazz Girl wrote:
VolturiGirl wrote:Has anyone else read Savage's Transcendence? The story is now complete. It's about Bella and CaveWard. I loved it. In case you haven't read it, all the answers to the fic about how Bella got there will be revealed in the last two chapters.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Ehd & Beh... or should I say LUFFS!! ;-) A quick light read with a sci fi twist. Just made me happy!

Should I be ashamed that I taught my son "Luffs"? "Cause I totally did. When he says goodnight now, he grabs my face and says "Luffs, Mommy. Luffs." :lol:
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

VirginiaMay wrote:Should I be ashamed that I taught my son "Luffs"? "Cause I totally did. When he says goodnight now, he grabs my face and says "Luffs, Mommy. Luffs."
That is so cute and NO...don't be ashamed about that. I was getting ready to take a shower last night and all I could think of was "my mate likes to be clean." Oh the many things we can learn from Ehd.

Has anyone started reading Savage's Tempt My Tongue? Talk about OffHisRockerWard. It's a dark fic. She is only 8 chapter's into it. I am really enjoying it though. I just wonder how Edward is going to get himself out of the mess he has created.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

VolturiGirl wrote: Has anyone started reading Savage's Tempt My Tongue? Talk about OffHisRockerWard. It's a dark fic. She is only 8 chapter's into it. I am really enjoying it though. I just wonder how Edward is going to get himself out of the mess he has created.
You know, Amy... I do not do "dark" with Savage. Because when she's says it's dark, she MEANS it, and you can probably add twisted to the description as well. So, no, I haven't read that one, but I am sure you're right about "OffHisRockerWard"!! (<-- Love that, by the way. Very clever! )

Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

The one bright spot to ever come out of sick days is the fact that I can spend a lot of time reading.

The stories that are owning me right now...

WIP: My Beautiful Storm by TroubleFollows1017 (writer of Fridays at Noon). The description is as follows: Weather-obsessed Bella finds Edward's journal, leading her on a trip down memory lane. Back then, Edward had run away, hoping to find a new purpose. Bella couldn't wait for her chance to escape, sure she knew what she wanted. Neither one expected this. It is sweet and so very well written, and even though there's a bit of angst, it's written in a way where you know that the storm will blow past.

Complete: The Weight of Words by GeorgeyGirl. Description: In her final months as a student at U of T, Bella meets Edward, the PhD candidate who will be the TA of her senior Shakespeare course and her world is turned on end. What do you do when the only man you want is the one you can't have? Like UST? Enjoy... I'm loving the mystery and the ust thus far and I have to tell you, just like we know from NM, Edward quoting Shakespeare... :swoon:

And of course, I sit patiently keeping myself busy waiting for some of my drop-and-runs to update. Arms, What Drives Her, A Pound of Flesh. What can I say? I'm patient, dedicated and understand exactly how crappy RL can be at times. So, to my girls Ginnie and Sophie, take your time, deal with the real deal. I'll be waiting. Promise.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Ask and ye shall receive, JG. Arms has updated! :yahoo: :yahoo:

And VG, as soon as I finished Transcendence, I moved on to Tempt My Tongue and just finished Chap 8. Talk about dark and OffMyRockerWard! It's super well written and the characters are really well drawn and close to canon, even Edward ... if he had started off just a bit worse. But I'm beginning to wonder if she's going to end the story by setting the planet on fire.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

smitten_by_twilight wrote:Ask and ye shall receive, JG. Arms has updated! :yahoo: :yahoo:
And what an update it was, Smitten!!! :clap: :clap:

In other news, I would be remiss if I didn't let you all in on the story that's owned me for the last 48 hours, so much so that I fell asleep on my laptop around 3 am because I simply could not stop reading...

The Weight of Words by GeorgeyGirl... In her final months as a student at U of T, Bella meets Edward, the PhD candidate who will be the TA of her senior Shakespeare course and her world is turned on end. What do you do when the only man you want is the one you can't have? Like UST? Enjoy... Oh sweet words of the Bard, but this is a wonderful wonderful story. Bella is smart and fiesty and bloody hysterical. Edward is so intelligent and sweet and doting. And, even more so, Georgey did something I never consider possible; she made me absolutely ADORE her Rose!!
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty