Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak »

"You're always dwelling on the negative. Always what he needs, never what he wants. Always what he can't do, never what he can. What about his music? Have you heard the songs he wrote? I'll bet you didn't even know he could write songs. Well, you might be dead right about me. I'm not the ideal girl for Don. But I know one thing: neither are you! And if I'm going to tell anybody to go home, it's gonna be you, Mrs. Baker! You go home!"

I had to do a bit of researching this one--it's from an early Goldie Hawn film called Butterflies Are Free

Next:

[Holmes has been firing bullets into the wall - loudly.]
I am in the process of creating a device that suppresses the sound of a gunshot.
It's not working.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

Sherlock Holmes! :)
That's a funny place for his antenna.

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

That's a funny place for his antenna.

That is from Planet 51.

Next:

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Brought peace?
Oh, peace - shut up!
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote: All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Brought peace?
Oh, peace - shut up!
The Life of Brian

Next:

I'm sorry, did you just say you needed my brain?
Yes, to complete the program.
Well, you can't have it, I'm using it!
Hardly.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I'm sorry, did you just say you needed my brain?
Yes, to complete the program.
Well, you can't have it, I'm using it!
Hardly.

That is from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Next:

What are you thinking, Archie?
I'm just trying to think of one good reason why I should take you to South America with me.
How about... because I have the key to the safety deposit box?
[pause]
That's a...
[both together] ...good reason.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Jestak: Maybe a hint would be good or another quote from the movie
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Okay, here's another quote from the same film (hopefully not one of the quotes from this film that's already appeared in this thread):

I was dealing with something delicate, Otto. I'm setting up a guy who's incredibly important to us, who's going to tell me where the loot is and if they're going to come and arrest you. And you come loping in like Rambo without a jockstrap and you dangle him out a fifth-floor window. Now, was that smart? Was it shrewd? Was it good tactics? Or was it stupid?
Don't call me stupid.
Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote:I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs.
A Fish Called Wanda

Next:

"This is a free country, welcome to almost anyone. And I'm hoping someday maybe you will join me here. Of course I will continue to write to you every week. Yes, in America almost anything is possible. Goodbye for now my beloved family. I love you. Voyia"
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"This is a free country, welcome to almost anyone. And I'm hoping someday maybe you will join me here. Of course I will continue to write to you every week. Yes, in America almost anything is possible. Goodbye for now my beloved family. I love you. Voyia"

That is from Moscow on the Hudson

Next:

We have to go there, now.
What? We can't do that! We've got to plan! We've got to figure it out...
Hermione! When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose!
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

^^Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 2! (Finally one I know. :lol: )

Next:

You're like a shark.
That kind of hurts my feelings a little bit. I'm actually a pretty sensitive guy.
Oh, really?
Once when I was nine years old, I saved the life of a chipmunk.
A chipmunk.
He fell out of our tree and almost died. He didn't know what to do, he couldn't even move. So I built a tiny little splint for his tiny, broken leg. And I carried him around in a BabyBjörn. And all the kids in my neighborhood, they laughed. They made fun of me, they threw rocks at me, but I didn't care. You know why?
Why?
Because all I saw was this little fur ball that needed love.
That's... really sweet.
I know. So next time you wanna call somebody a shark, just remember the chipmunk.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689